Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: I 'd like to start fresh.
Operating Systems Solaris I 'd like to start fresh. Post 302899594 by newborndba on Wednesday 30th of April 2014 09:45:47 AM
Old 04-30-2014
I 'd like to start fresh.

How can I deinstall or delete the whole environment and delete everything (all the files, group, users). I would like to start fresh. I 'd like to install ORACLE 12c. Create users from scratch, create group from scratch etc)

Why?
I installed Oracle 11g on Solaris. It had an ORACLE_BASE, ORACLE_HOME and I ended up moving Oracle_home manually because I didn't like the path. Now I am running into issues which I can't resolve. Any help from the community will be highly appreciated.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fresh Solaris installation

Dear experts I am going to do a fresh installation of Solaris 8 on my spark workstation. Which partitions or subdirectories I have to make during installation. Which size you recommend. My installation disk is 8 GB. Cheers Reza (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reza Nazarian
2 Replies

2. Solaris

fresh admin

hi everybody i'm just recreuted as UNIX system admin... please tell me from where do i have to begin... best regards (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaiida
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start program in background (or start crontab ahead of time)

Hey! I'm working on a script that will add a user, create some configfiles, and add a crontab for the user. The crontab looks like the following: @reboot /home/user/program config.conf & I would like for this process to start at the end of my script under the corresponding username by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: noratx
0 Replies

4. AIX

Command to fresh the memory !

Command to fresh the memory ! Some time during some load on the AIX system memory will get hang and will not respond for any new process. Can you please helper me with command to fresh the memory to avoid that hanging on the memory. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fresh sendmail configuration

I have a requirement to enable sendmail in all the servers in our lab. This is required in lots of cases like e-mail the server owner if any hardware error and if any application problems and so. Here my part is to confirm that it is possible to send e-mail to the system user from the server.e-mail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: testbedengr
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 8 fresh install halts

Installing Solaris 8 for the first time...on a SunBlade 100. I have original Solaris 8 CD's. About 45 minutes into the installation, the install halts with the following errors: ERROR: Could not open file /a/etc/vfstab ERROR: Could not create the file system mount table /etc/vfstab I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdunavent
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Very fresh to UNIX

Hello all, I am very new to unix. Can anybody suggest me good learning videos and their links for UNIX. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nnani
1 Replies
groupdel(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       groupdel(8)

NAME
groupdel - Deletes a group definition from the system SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/groupdel [-P] [-x extended_option] group_name OPTIONS
Creates a PC group only. The following extended_option attributes are available: Indicates whether or not the group is distributed. The value of the distributed=n attribute can be 0 or 1. If set to 0, the group is deleted from the local system. If set to 1, the group is deleted from the NIS master database on the running system. Indicates whether or not the group is local. The value of the local=n attribute can be 0 or 1. If set to 1, the group is deleted from the local database. If set to 0, the group is deleted from the NIS master database. Specifies the name of the group to be deleted from the system. The groupname must exist. DESCRIPTION
The groupdel command lets the system administrator delete existing groups from the system, by group name. In addition, the system adminis- trator can use the -x option to specify whether the group to be deleted is local or whether the group resides in the NIS master database. If the -x option is not specified, the group is deleted from the appropriate database as specified by the system defaults. The default behavior on the system for the groupdel command is distributed=0 and local=1. With these values, the system deletes the group from the local database by default. Setting the distributed= and local= attributes to the same value (for example, distributed=0 and local=0) produces an error. When the Advanced Server for UNIX (ASU) is running, you can also delete PC groups consisting of members who are holders of Windows NT domain accounts. You must have superuser privilege to execute this command. EXIT STATUS
The groupmod command exits with one of the following values: Success. Failure. Warning. EXAMPLES
The following example removes the group, testgrp: % groupdel testgrp The following example removes the group, testgrp, from the local group database: % groupdel -x local=1 testgrp The following example removes the PC users group, domainbdev, from the local group database: % groupdel -P domainbdev FILES
The groupdel command operates on the appropriate files for the specific level of system security. SEE ALSO
Commands: groupadd(8), groupmod(8), useradd(8), userdel(8), usermod(8) System Administration Security groupdel(8)