Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Problem in intiating x11 console Post 302898877 by solaris_1977 on Thursday 24th of April 2014 04:18:32 PM
Old 04-24-2014
blackrageous, I am able to get xclock when I login directly to root or caddrd or cadwebppc. I made a entry in .profile of home directory of cadwebppc. Also, I made entry in auth list. But no luck. Here were the steps I was following.
Code:
ssh root@server1
/root# /usr/openwin/bin/xauth list
tsapiq05-zcadq01/unix:10  MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1  40d89c398dd5a69ecfba8f0bd853ec02
tsapiq05-zcadq01/unix:11  MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1  03cc68b63e22985c68b484ffa8408baf
su - caddrd
-bash-3.2$ /usr/openwin/bin/xauth add prod-appstess/unix:10  MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1  40d89c398dd5a69ecfba8f0bd853ec02
-bash-3.2$ /usr/openwin/bin/xauth add prod-appstess/unix:11  MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1  03cc68b63e22985c68b484ffa8408baf
-bash-3.2$ /usr/openwin/bin/xauth list
prod-appstess/unix:10  MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1  40d89c398dd5a69ecfba8f0bd853ec02
prod-appstess/unix:11  MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1  03cc68b63e22985c68b484ffa8408baf
(Copy same keys for cadwebppc account also)
/usr/local/bin/sudo -u cadwebppc /cad/envs/qa-cm/cadwccDomain/ucm/cs/bin/UserAdmin

Here xauth merge should work. But each time, I add keys via xauth, it will work. I will log out and next time, it will again stops. Seems like, it generates new cookies every time. I am not able to figure out, how should I automate it

Last edited by solaris_1977; 04-25-2014 at 02:40 PM.. Reason: More specific

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with X11 Root Window

At school, on an HP-UX or B.11.11 U 9000/785 system, my X11 root window is always set to 8-bit color, but all the child windows are 24-bit. The problem with this, is any background/wallpaper looks extremely ugly with the 8-bit color. Is there any way to make X starts with 24-bit color root window?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ljfong
0 Replies

2. Debian

X11 Forwarding Problem

I have 2 Debian boxes. In my ssh.com client and my putty client, I have X11 fowarding turned on for both boxes. When I connect one, I can xterm with no problem back to my pc. On the other, I keep getting: xterm Xt error: Can't open display: xterm: DISPLAY is not set On both... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: natter
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

X11 forwarding problem between 2 RHEL4 machines with SSH

X11 forwarding problem between 2 RHEL4 machines with SSH Already configured the following on both machines under /etc/ssh Under sshd_config: UsePAM no AllowTcpForwarding yes Under ssh_config: ForwardAgent yes ForwardX11 yes ForwardX11Trusted yes ----------------------------- Using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: panggou
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X11 problem

Hey guys, I'm on a Solaris 9 boxes and I setup Putty to do X11 forwarding I can get my Xmanager to connect and load Xwindows screens fine. But, sometimes if I lose my putty connection or the app im running crashes X freaks out and deletes my display, setting it to nothing. When I add my display... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X11 connection problem when using Xwin-32

Hi I'm using Xwin-32 to connect to my labs UNIX machines. Previously I was able to connect to the systems easily but now I get this error message (posted below) and the unix session is not able to start. can somebody help me. Looking up host "blade2.tec.ufl.edu" Connecting to 128.227.241.112... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mevich
0 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

X11 Display Problem with Mac OSX after creating new account

For preliminaries, I am on a Mac Pro running 10.5. I am trying to run a program that opens an X11 graphic and plots a mesh. The little program is called showme. It has worked just fine in the past. Up until I had to make a new user account on this machine for myself. Now every time I try to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bocephus85
8 Replies

7. Solaris

X11 errors on Solaris 10 - SL Console not showing up

Hi all, I have been administrating large backup environments for quite some time now, but I have never seen the types of errors I'm getting for a client I have in Asia, so I humbly appeal to your expertise in order to fix things. Set up: StreamLine 8500 library connected to a Solaris... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dilibau
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with X11 Forwarding

Hello. I installed a Debian box, and its installed remotely. I need to boot up iceweasel from there to do a quick test. I log on using: ssh root@<IP> -X I have modified the /etc/ssh/sshd_config file, and added the X11Forwarding yes flag And yet I still get: Error: cannot open... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dynelight
10 Replies

9. AIX

X11 Font problem

Currently ,we use Exceed,X-Win32,winaxe 7.7,Reflection X software for doing evaluation. 1.Chinese word problem When we use "more filename" to check the file in xterm command console mode from our client Window XP to IBM AIX server.it can show the chinese word,but when we change to grahpic mode... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whbun123
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem in loading program correctly using SSH and X11 forwading

I'm trying to load a program remotely using SSH with X11 forwarding. I have no issue with loading xwindows and programs like firefox works fine. But one software that I use for my work has some issues when I load it up. For example, I can't see the pull-down menus etc, which show up when I load it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
1 Replies
xauth(1X)																 xauth(1X)

NAME
xauth - X authority file utility SYNOPSIS
xauth [-f authfile] [-vqib] [commandarg...] OPTIONS
The following options may be used with xauth. They may be given individually (for example, -q -i) or may combined (for example, -qi). This option specifies the name of the authority file to use. By default, xauth will use the file specified by the XAUTHORITY environment variable or in the user's home directory. This option indicates that xauth should operate quietly and not print unsolicited status mes- sages. This is the default if an xauth command is given on the command line or if the standard output is not directed to a terminal. This option indicates that xauth should operate verbosely and print status messages indicating the results of various operations (for example, how many records have been read in or written out). This is the default if xauth is reading commands from its standard input and its stan- dard output is directed to a terminal. This option indicates that xauth should ignore any authority file locks. Normally, xauth will refuse to read or edit any authority files that have been locked by other programs (usually xdm or another xauth). This option indicates that xauth should attempt to break any authority file locks before proceeding. Use this option only to clean up stale locks. DESCRIPTION
The xauth program is used to edit and display the authorization information used in connecting to the X server. This program is usually used to extract authorization records from one machine and merge them in on another (as is the case when using remote logins or granting access to other users). Commands (described below) may be entered interactively, on the xauth command line, or in scripts. Note that this program does not contact the X server. Normally xauth is not used to create the authority file entry in the first place; xdm does that. COMMANDS
The following commands may be used to manipulate authority files: An authorization entry for the indicated display using the given protocol and key data is added to the authorization file. The data is specified as an even-lengthed string of hexadecimal digits, each pair repre- senting one octet. The first digit of each pair gives the most significant 4 bits of the octet, and the second digit of the pair gives the least significant 4 bits. For example, a 32 character hexkey would represent a 128-bit value. A protocol name consisting of just a single period is treated as an abbreviation for MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1. Authorization entries for each of the specified displays are written to the indicated file. If the nextract command is used, the entries are written in a numeric format suitable for non-binary transmission (such as secure electronic mail). The extracted entries can be read back in using the merge and nmerge commands. If the filename consists of just a single dash, the entries will be written to the standard output. Authorization entries for each of the specified displays (or all if no displays are named) are printed on the standard output. If the nlist command is used, entries will be shown in the numeric format used by the nextract command; otherwise, they are shown in a textual format. Key data is always displayed in the hexadecimal format given in the description of the add command. Authorization entries are read from the specified files and are merged into the authorization database, superceding any matching existing entries. If the nmerge command is used, the numeric format given in the description of the extract com- mand is used. If a filename consists of just a single dash, the standard input will be read if it has not been read before. Authorization entries matching the specified displays are removed from the authority file. The specified file is treated as a script containing xauth commands to execute. Blank lines and lines beginning with a sharp sign (#) are ignored. A single dash may be used to indicate the stan- dard input, if it has not already been read. Information describing the authorization file, whether or not any changes have been made, and from where xauth commands are being read is printed on the standard output. If any modifications have been made, the authority file is written out (if allowed), and the program exits. An end of file is treated as an implicit exit command. The program exits, ignoring any modifications. This may also be accomplished by pressing the interrupt character. A description of all commands that begin with the given string (or all commands if no string is given) is printed on the standard output. A short list of the valid commands is printed on the standard output. DISPLAY NAMES
Display names for the add, [n]extract, [n]list, [n]merge, and remove commands use the same format as the DISPLAY environment variable and the common -display command line argument. Display-specific information (such as the screen number) is unnecessary and will be ignored. Same-machine connections (such as local-host sockets, shared memory, and the Internet Protocol hostname localhost) are referred to as host- name/unix:displaynumber so that local entries for different machines may be stored in one authority file. EXAMPLE
The most common use for xauth is to extract the entry for the current display, copy it to another machine, and merge it into the user's authority file on the remote machine: % xauth extract - $DISPLAY | rsh otherhost xauth merge - ENVIRONMENT
This xauth program uses the following environment variables: to get the name of the authority file to use if the -f option is not used. to get the user's home directory if XAUTHORITY is not defined. FILES
default authority file if XAUTHORITY is not defined. BUGS
Users that have unsecure networks should take care to use encrypted file transfer mechanisms to copy authorization entries between machines. Similarly, the MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 protocol is not very useful in unsecure environments. Sites that are interested in additional security may need to use encrypted authorization mechanisms such as Kerberos. Spaces are currently not allowed in the protocol name. Quoting could be added for the truly perverse. AUTHOR
Jim Fulton, MIT X Consortium xauth(1X)