Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Porting script from Solaris to Linux Post 302898344 by MadeInGermany on Monday 21st of April 2014 02:56:58 PM
Old 04-21-2014
If you pipe from gunzip or to gzip instead of using the tar z option then it works with any tar.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Porting to solaris

I have ported a c program to solaris. When I run , it gives me segmentation fault error at line :- memcpy ((char *)a_string ,(char *)0, MAX_READ ) ; originally this was in reliant unix as :- memcpy ( a_string , 0 , MAX_READ ) ; Can somebody help me about this ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suds19
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP-UX to linux porting

Hi all, i wanted to port some HP-UX code to linux. can anybody point to some documents or resources that would help me in doing the porting.. thanks in advance Arun Prakash (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunprakash
0 Replies

3. Programming

porting solaris to BSD

Hi i have a C program that i need to port from solaris to BSD The flags i pass on CC in solaris are -lsocket -lnsl I use sockets and threads anyone know flags for BSD (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yngwie
1 Replies

4. AIX

pgrep substitute for porting a linux script to AIX 5.x

Hi, I'm trying to get this script to work on an AIX 5.3 box, I couldn't get pgrep for AIX, I also realize that ps works differently on the IBM boxes. Could anybody just give me the specifics of a work around for my problem, I'll adjust the whole script: #!/bin/bash # applabs.com #to do: #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thebytegrill
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

porting shell script from Linux to AIX.

Hi, I am porting one shell script from Linux to AIX. I had .ksh file and i have changed it to .sh file for aix. on linux this script is running fine but on aix it gives me "unexpected end of file" error. Could any one suggest me what to do to port this script error free? Thanks in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: joy_1
6 Replies

6. Linux

when porting from HP-UX to Linux

helo, i m porting HP-UX socket application to Linux SSL-socket application. I have use htonl() in HP-UX. so when i use it in Linux, data transf is not done and application become soem time crashed. now when i remove htonl() in linux, then i got data but it will not proper order or some data may... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Porting a Linux Driver to Solaris

Hi all, Has anyone experience with proting a Linux driver (C-code) to Solaris 10? I have a Sunix SATA card with a inicio1622 chipset, but no driver available. From the website of inicio I downloaded the drivercode for Linux 2.4. Having done some investigation I found a Solaris driver... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: longwave
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Porting from Solaris to Linux

Can any one please help the use of "cu command in Solaris" and as well as in Linux :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sabee.prakash
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Porting graphical Solaris application to Linux

I don't expect any quick answers, but if people have links to resources I can investigate I'd be extremely appreciative. Here is what we have today: The "application" is a multi-process train control system that uses the Unix desktop, currently CDE, several motif-based applications and sound,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: paz9
8 Replies
BTRACEBACK(1)					     Network backup, recovery and verification					     BTRACEBACK(1)

NAME
btraceback - wrapper script around gdb and bsmtp SYNOPSIS
btraceback /path/to/binary pid DESCRIPTION
btraceback is a wrapper shell script around the gdb debugger (or dbx on Solaris systems) and bsmtp, provided for debugging purposes. USAGE
btraceback is called by the exception handlers of the Bacula daemons during a crash. It can also be called interactively to view the cur- rent state of the threads belonging to a process, but this is not recommended unless you are trying to debug a problem (see below). NOTES
In order to work properly, debugging symbols must be available to the debugger on the system, and gdb, or dbx (on Solaris systems) must be available in the $PATH. If the Director or Storage daemon runs under a non-root uid, you will probably need to be modify the btraceback script to elevate privi- leges for the call to gdb/dbx, to ensure it has the proper permissions to debug when called by the daemon. Although Bacula's use of btraceback within its exception handlers is always safe, manual or interactive use of btraceback is subject to the same risks than live debugging of any program, which means it could cause Bacula to crash under rare and abnormal circumstances. Conse- quently we do not recommend manual use of btraceback in production environments unless it is required for debugging a problem. ENVIRONMENT
btracback relies on $PATH to find the debugger. FILES
/usr/lib/bacula/btraceback The script itself. /usr/sbin/btraceback symbolic link to /usr/lib/bacula/btraceback /etc/bacula/scripts/btraceback.gdb the GDB command batch used to output a stack trace AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Lucas B. Cohen <lbc@members.fsf.org> SEE ALSO
bsmtp(1) Kern Sibbald 6 December 2009 BTRACEBACK(1)