Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Output in table format
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Output in table format Post 302897855 by drl on Wednesday 16th of April 2014 11:59:17 AM
Old 04-16-2014
Hi.

See also post #14 in thread https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...ce-script.html for a perl solution to create tables from text to formats in ASCII, HTML, and bbcode.

Best wishes ... cheers, drl
This User Gave Thanks to drl For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Create table with date format.

Hello, Could you please let me know the correct format of CREATE TABLE statement with DATE format. CREATE TABLE EMP_TABLE1 ( NAME VARCHAR(6) PRIMARY KEY, ADDRESS VARCHAR(6), BIRTH_DATE DATE ); I want BIRTH_DATE to be in "YYYYMMDDHHMISS" format. How we can create table with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Table format

My Code Hi Friends, I need to get output in table format using unix shell script.For example my server CPU and memory utilization report will come as a mail with ordinary format but i want to make as table format. Here two output finally we are getting:- CPU utilization is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: susindram
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with perl script to output data in table format...

Hello, I need help with a perl script that will process a text file and match virtual server name to profile(s). the rest will be ignored. Virtual server name follows the word "virtual" in the begging of the line. There could be multiple profiles assigned to one virtual server. For example, ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: besogon
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert the output in table format

Hi All, I have a output like below values val1=test.com val2=10.26.208.11 val3=en1 val4=test-priv1.com val5=192.168.3.4 val6=en2 val7=test-priv2.com val8=192.168.4.4 val9=en3 val10=test-vip.com val11=10.26.208.9 val12=$val3 I want to convet this output values into below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Normal text to table format

Hi, I am trying to show my list, from a simple list format to a table (row and column formatted table) Currently i have this format in my output (the formart it will always be like this ) >> first 3 lines must be on the same line aligned, and the next 3 shud be on 2nd line....: INT1:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: eboye
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want query output to send on mail using table tag and output should be in table

#! /bin/ksh #] && . ./.profile 2>/dev/null if test -f '.profile'; then . ./.profile; fi; #. .profile LOG_DIR=/app/rpx/jobs/scripts/just/logs sendEmail() { pzCType="$1"; pzTitle="$2"; pzMsg="$3"; pzFrom="$4"; pzTo="$5"; pzFiles="$6"; pzReplyTo="$7" ( ... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankit.mca.aaidu
21 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need the output in the mentioned Table format

Hi Friends, I have the script output like below: Script Output: ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Details of the Client: ----------------------- name: server1; save set: All; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akmani
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arranging the command output into an html table format

Hi, I need to format a command output for the beolow command: runmqckm -cert -list -db $MQ_KDB -pw $PASSWD -expiry $EXP | grep -v "Certificates in database" The output will be: "ABC - cert name" From: Tuesday, May 25, 1999 11:09:40 AM CDT To: Saturday, May 25, 2019 11:39:40 AM CDT ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdpl
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a file from output of vertica table query in UTF-8 format?

Hello, In my shell script, I extract table data from HP Vertica DB into a csv file using vsql -c command. But the problem is the file getting created is in binary format and hence some of the data becomes unreadable which has chinese characters as part of data. file -i filename.csv - gives... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dharmatheja
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell output format like table

Hi, OS: Redhat 7.5 shell: Bash Wrote below script to login into oracle via shell script and trying to reset locked account..It works as expected. But I need specific output << EOF should go to target terminal not all out put running below script from ansible command line.. #!/bin/bash... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
1 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)