Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Newbie problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Newbie problem Post 302897764 by bobochacha29 on Tuesday 15th of April 2014 10:29:00 PM
Old 04-15-2014
Newbie problem

Hi. I'm new to shell script and i have a problem

My code
Code:
ssh $i df -h|grep -ve Use | awk '{ if ( substr( $5, 1, length($5) - 1) > 80 )  echo -n "-----\n"$5"   "$6 ; else echo -n "------\nOK!" }' | sort -u

The problem is : for example, if the %Use is ( 78;81 ), the scripts will print both "78" and "OK". I just want to print "78". "OK" is printed only if all the %Use < 80.

The same problem with this SmilieSmilieSmilie
Code:
if [ $j -gt 80 ]
                   then
                         echo $j"%    " $name
                   else
                         echo "\nOK!\n"
                   fi

Can someone help me solve this

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent UNIX problem for newbie!

I think someone hacked my UNIX account and I cannot get back into MY OWN account!!!!!! :( I was wondering if any of the experts here would be able to help me either get back into my account or change my password back to what it was or find out what it is now so I can get back in and change it. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: speedemn
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

newbie problem please help

I am running a sun enterpirse 420 r with solaris 7 on it . I have a mount that is at 100 percent. It is running oracle on it., not sure version. i cant seen to find what is taking up all the space. is there a ls comand that will tell me the size of a directory and all sub folders in it. or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thump
2 Replies

3. Solaris

PerfMeter problem(a newbie one)

Hi, I'm new to Solaris, and I'm using an Old ULTRA-5, with Solaris 8, all the instalation went just fine, after a lot of trouble I was finally able to change the hostname, usign DHCP, and now, I have another problem. I was removing the packages I didn't wanted, and I think I accidently removed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zarnick
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

newbie problem with enviroment

Hi I've written a a script on box A that ssh's into box B and runs another script. If I run the script on box B it works. However when I run my ssh script (public key setup so no passwd required) it fails with "The WSB_HOME environment variable is not defined". Checked wapuser1 .profile on box B... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alien12
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

newbie problem

hi, I want to clarify this matter for a long time so here I come, I seen people use if ] or if or if (( some condition )) exactly what are the difference? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
2 Replies

6. Programming

newbie problem

Im new to gcc, vim etc... and I've been trying a simple hello world program and every time I try to compile any C program I get the following error message test.c :1:19: error: stdio.h: No such file or directory test.c : In function 'main': test.c :5: warning: incompatible implicit... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowFish@ubuntu
5 Replies

7. HP-UX

Newbie: HP-UX installation problem

I recently bought myself a HP Visualize c3750 specifically to try out HP-UX (which I have never really used), I got it with a CD set of HP-UX 11 that I boot the machine from to install. I have no gfx adapter in the machine so I run an IBM InfoWindow II 3153 serial terminal attached to serial 1.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlundh
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

join -t problem (newbie)

Been tearing my hair out trying to work out how to make the -t option in the join command work. Joining two files on col 1; columns in both files are separated by tabs. file1: 2010/02/01-00:00 10.63 2010/02/01-00:06 10.63 2010/02/01-00:12 10.61 2010/02/01-00:18 10.58 (there are LOTS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lobsterman
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting newbie problem

I am trying to create a shell script similar to ls, but which only lists directories. I have the first half working (no argument version), but trying to make it accept an argument, I am failing. My logic is sound I think, but I'm missing something on the syntax, I'm guessing in the bolded line? ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tibor63
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple problem for a newbie

I am trying to find a way to display just sudoers, passwd and shadow files without the extensions.. Thank you for any suggestions ls -lrt /etc | egrep 'sudoers|passwd|group|shadow' -r-------- 1 root root 1338 Oct 31 2006 shadow.sav -r-------- 1 root root 5191... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
4 Replies
Locale::Script(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				       Locale::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Script(3pm)