Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Extracting range of characters if pattern matches Post 302897747 by pilnet101 on Tuesday 15th of April 2014 05:08:34 PM
Old 04-15-2014
Hey there,

This one liner should work for you:

Code:
for i  in bat\.[0-9]; do awk -F"," 'FNR==NR {for (x=$2;x<=$3;x++)  {val[x]++;file=$1};next}{FS=" ";line[$2]=$5};END{print file;for (x in  line) if (x in val) {printf line[x]}print}' $i.enr $i >>  $i.out;done

Hope this helps.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract if pattern matches

Hi All, I have an input below. I tried to use the awk below but it seems that it ;s not working. Can anybody help ? My concept here is to find the 2nd field of the last occurrence of such pattern " ** XXX ccc ccc cc cc ccc 2007 " . In this case, the 2nd field is " XXX ". With this "XXX" term... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
20 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print range between two patterns if it contains a pattern within the range

I want to print between the range two patterns if a particular pattern is present in between the two patterns. I am new to Unix. Any help would be greatly appreciated. e.g. Pattern1 Bombay Calcutta Delhi Pattern2 Pattern1 Patna Madras Gwalior Delhi Pattern2 Pattern1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyan321
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

get value that matches file name pattern

Hi I have files with names that contain the date in several formats as, YYYYMMDD, DD-MM-YY,DD.MM.YY or similar combinations. I know if a file fits in one pattern or other, but i donīt know how to extract the substring contained in the file that matches the pattern. For example, i know that ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pjrm
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extracting lates pattern match from multiple matches in log

Hi, I have a large, multiline log file. I have used pcregrep to extract all entries in that log that match a particular pattern - where that pattern spans multiple lines. However, because the log file is large, and these entries occur every few minutes, I still output a very large amount... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbrb2
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How Not to Delete Words that matches a PATTERN

Hi, I have a test file name test.txt with its contents string 21345 qwee strinn strriin striin i need to delete all the words except the word STRING I used the command cat test.txt | sed 's/^..*$/**/g' but the output entries still contain strinn strriin striin. Plz Help me out.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananth12
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

exit after extracting range if lines - awk

Hello, I was wondering how is it possible if I use this command: awk 'NR >= 998 && NR <= 1000' file.txtTo exit after parsing the 1000th line ( last line targeted) ??? I observed that when executing this command for a large file, if the range of lines is at the beginning of the file it is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for a pattern and extracting records related to that pattern

Hi there, Looking forward to your advice for the below: I have a file which contains 2 paragraphs related to a particular pattern. I have to search for those paragraphs from a log file and then print a particular line from those paragraphs. Sample: I have one file with the fixed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danish0909
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with range but matches pattern

To match range, the command is: awk '/BEGIN/,/END/' but what I want is the range is printed only if there is additional pattern that matches in the range itself? maybe like this: awk '/BEGIN/,/END/ if only in that range there is /pattern/' Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrox
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed Range Pattern and 2 lines before Start Pattern

Hi all, I have been searching all over Google but I am unable to find a solution for a particular result that I am trying to achieve. Consider the following input: 1 2 3 4 5 B4Srt1--Variable-0000 B4Srt2--Variable-1111 Srt 6 7 8 9 10 End (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: y2jacky
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get a 1st line which matches the particular pattern?

Hi all, I have file on which I do grep on "/tmp/data" then I get 5 lines as dir Path: /tmp/data/20162343134 Starting to listen on ports logging: -- Moving results files from local storage: /tmp/resultsFiles/20162343134/*.gz to NFS: /data/temp/20162343134/outgoing from above got to get... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: girijajoshi
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)