Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Kcryptd - Which kernel supports MultiThread Post 302895065 by Corona688 on Friday 28th of March 2014 11:31:28 AM
Old 03-28-2014
It's a difficult question, whether it's even feasible to run this kind of encryption on multiple cores.

One workaround has been to make two separate dm-crypt volumes of identical size, then make a single software raid-0 out of them (i.e. striping). Each dm-crypt volume will have its own data path, and performance will be increased.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Timeout with multithread server

I wrote a server which creates a thread for every client connection. I have to include timeout function that will kill the server thread if the client doesn't respond for specific time. That too using signal(SIGALRM). For this i am using alarm() function. When the server thread detects signal it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nads
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Processor and memory supports

HI i'am Giancarlo D. Jabon student from AMA Computer University is anyone among all of you who knows the maximum processor and memory supports in Sun Solaris 10 Thanks !!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giancarlodjabon
3 Replies

3. Programming

Multithread,libcurl

Hi i m codding a programm,it can download any packet from ftp,I use libcurl library. But i want to use threads for downloading.(Multithreading).i cant get ftp file size from ftp and divide packet small pieces,like threads use. Please share your experince with me ,thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: canerbulut
0 Replies

4. Programming

Multithread app - Read-Only Data

Hello, I'm coding an application using pthreads.At some point the threads will read some read-only variables.Is it safe NOT to use mutexes, in order to make the program lighter since mutex operations are resource-demanding... Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jonas.gabriel
1 Replies

5. Programming

[C] Multithread Server

Hi all,i'm new on this forum, excuse me for my english. I have wrote a server that accept connection from multiple client with the fork,but every client had to insert data in a linear list. The problem is that every client insert data in an own copy of the linear list and this is caused by... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kemistry
7 Replies

6. Solaris

How to find an application running on multithread?

Dear Friends, We have one T5240 server with 128vcpus in our lab.Performance of the server is very poor. Application uses only 2% of processor..I heard that single thread application performs slowly in coolthread.How can we find whether the application running on multithread or single thread? If... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicktrix
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script multithread in group of 3

I Have an script like ./bang 1 ./bang 2 ./bang 3 ./bang 4 ./bang 5 ./bang 6 ./bang 7 ./bang 8 ./bang 9 ./bang 10 ./bang 11 ./bang 12 and i wanna execute him in groups of 3 , i mean he execute bang 1 , bang 2 and bang 3 after it finish the next 3 commands it will be executed and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gyeah11
5 Replies
crypt(1)																  crypt(1)

NAME
crypt - encode or decode a file SYNOPSIS
crypt [password] The crypt utility encrypts and decrypts the contents of a file. crypt reads from the standard input and writes on the standard output. The password is a key that selects a particular transformation. If no password is given, crypt demands a key from the terminal and turns off printing while the key is being typed in. crypt encrypts and decrypts with the same key: example% crypt key < clear.file > encrypted.file example% crypt key < encrypted.file | pr prints the contents of clear.file. Files encrypted by crypt are compatible with those treated by the editors ed(1), ex(1), and vi(1) in encryption mode. The security of encrypted files depends on three factors: the fundamental method must be hard to solve; direct search of the key space must be infeasible; "sneak paths" by which keys or cleartext can become visible must be minimized. crypt implements a one-rotor machine designed along the lines of the German Enigma, but with a 256-element rotor. Methods of attack on such machines are widely known, thus crypt provides minimal security. The transformation of a key into the internal settings of the machine is deliberately designed to be expensive, that is, to take a substan- tial fraction of a second to compute. However, if keys are restricted to (say) three lower-case letters, then encrypted files can be read by expending only a substantial fraction of five minutes of machine time. Since the key is an argument to the crypt command, it is potentially visible to users executing ps(1) or a derivative command. To minimize this possibility, crypt takes care to destroy any record of the key immediately upon entry. No doubt the choice of keys and key security are the most vulnerable aspect of crypt. /dev/tty for typed key See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ des(1), ed(1), ex(1), ps(1), vi(1), attributes (5) 8 Mar 2005 crypt(1)