Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with AIX port limit
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Help with AIX port limit Post 302894264 by ibmtech on Monday 24th of March 2014 02:45:27 PM
Old 03-24-2014
Can you tell us, what port no did you/he assigned?
This User Gave Thanks to ibmtech For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Is the Length of User ID for AIX Limit to 8 Characters?

Hi, I'm using AIX version 5.3 currently. I'm trying to create a user id, e.g. andyleong, which the system prompted the length is too long. 1. I would like to know is that the length of user id is limited to maximum 8 characters for AIX. 2. Is it apply to all versions of AIX? If no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meihua_t
2 Replies

2. AIX

How to open a port in AIX

Hi Guys, i am trying to open a port in AIX. but i am not able to get the command for this. AIX is not having the iptables file present. So please any body can tell me how to open a port in AIX... Thanks sanju (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanju_d1231
2 Replies

3. AIX

How to display IPC limit on AIX?

Such as how to display these: number of message queue IDs : 4,096 bytes per message : 8,192 bytes per message queue : 65,536 messages per message queue : 8,192 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk limitations in AIX 5.2 - 399 byte limit!

AIX version 5.2 has an arbitrary limit of 399 on the length of regular expressions and literal strings in an Awk program. Apart from splitting down the string into multiple strings is there any way around this annoyance? I have a search string that ends up way way too long and blows out... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peejay
4 Replies

5. AIX

Serial port in AIX

Hi, How can i configure my modem in AIX thru serial port (sa0-->tty0) I have two port serial card configured as sa0 I created tty1 which port is tty0 and which port is tty1 how can i know?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pchangba
1 Replies

6. AIX

Who's using my port in AIX

Hello Gurus, I was trying to find who's using my port and got below answer from a IBM website. But the problem with the below answer is I need a root to run the rmsock, is there any other alternative to find out who is using my port with out a root access?? 1. netstat -Aan | grep <port... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tenderfoot
1 Replies

7. AIX

Limit a user on AIX

Hello, Sorry for my poor English. I have to reduce rights for a user on AIX system so that: When he does , he find in output, only filesystems on which he has permissions .He can't do to change user. Very thanks for helping. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: edosseh
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Iptables, port forwarding, 64k connection limit?

I am having an issue with iptables. My server is a RHEL6 64bit system. In my application I have a large number of connected clients ~100k to a particular service. The application works fine when iptables is off, 100k clients are able to connect. However, when I turn iptables on and add a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jtipp3tt
1 Replies

9. AIX

Limit directory Size in AIX

Hello I have a disk mounted on my AIX server and inside the disk, I want to create 3 directories with max size limit, so that the directories can be limited to pre-defined size. Eg: My total disk size is 350 GB and I want to limit dir1 to max of 100 GB, dir 2 to 75 GB and dir 3 to 60 GB and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to release port on AIX?

Hello all, I need your help with any command to release a port on AIX. Thanks for all. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mcipamo
5 Replies
cldap_open(3LDAP)					      LDAP Library Functions						 cldap_open(3LDAP)

NAME
cldap_open - LDAP connectionless communication preparation SYNOPSIS
cc[ flag... ] file... -lldap[ library... ] #include <lber.h> #include <ldap.h> LDAP *cldap_open(char *host, int port); PARAMETERS
host The name of the host on which the LDAP server is running. port The port number to connect. DESCRIPTION
The cldap_open() function is called to prepare for connectionless LDAP communication (over udp(7P)). It allocates an LDAP structure which is passed to future search requests. If the default IANA-assigned port of 389 is desired, LDAP_PORT should be specified for port. host can contain a space-separated list of hosts or addresses to try. cldap_open() returns a pointer to an LDAP structure, which should be passed to subsequent calls to cldap_search_s(3LDAP), cldap_setretryinfo(3LDAP), and cldap_close(3LDAP). Certain fields in the LDAP structure can be set to indicate size limit, time limit, and how aliases are handled during operations. See ldap_open(3LDAP) and <ldap.h> for more details. ERRORS
If an error occurs, cldap_open() will return NULL and errno will be set appropriately. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsl (32-bit) | | |SUNWcslx (64-bit) | |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ldap(3LDAP) cldap_search_s(3LDAP), cldap_setretryinfo(3LDAP), cldap_close(3LDAP), attributes(5), udp(7P) SunOS 5.11 27 Jan 2002 cldap_open(3LDAP)