Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating repeating record in between file through script Post 302894002 by Lucas_0418 on Sunday 23rd of March 2014 02:54:57 AM
Old 03-23-2014
Hi guy,

I used ' echo something | ' to be stdin of the awk in my reply, and if you want to use a file name, don't use pipeline | like that, otherwise you will get an error.

And I saw you modify the HEADER and FOOTER in my code, may you want to locate them with the number in the second field instead of the string in the 3rd.

you'd better do it like this:
Code:
awk '$2~/000/{s=1;print;next}s{r=$0;s=0;t=1;print;next}$2!~/006/&&!t{print r}{t=0;print}'  filename > targetfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Repeating commands in a script

I have written a script that I want to be repeated. The script that I wrote outputs the date, how many people are on the system, how many people logged in before me, and how many people logged in after me. Than what I want it to do is after it outputs the 4 lines I want it to go back to the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dave2874
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to search a bad record in a file then put the record in the bad file

I need to write a script that can find a bad record (for example: there is date field colom but value provided in the file for this field is N/A) then script shoud searches this pattern and then insert the whole record into the bad file. Example: File1 Name designation dateOfJoining... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shilendrajadon
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to search a bad record in a file then put the record in the bad file

I need to write a script that can find a bad record (for example: there is date field colom but value provided in the file for this field is N/A) then script shoud searches this pattern and then insert the whole record into the bad file. Example: File1 Name designation dateOfJoining... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shilendrajadon
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating new file with new record length

Hi there, using the command below > cat file1 | tr "\001" " " > tmp2 how can I alter the record length of tmp2 to fix length of 350 bytes ? Thanks a lot! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrjunsy
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

(Urgent):Creating flat file using sql script and sqlplus from UNIX Shell Script

Hi, I need help urgently for following issue. Pls help me to resolve this issue. I am calling sql script file(file1.sql) from UNIX Shell Script(script1.ksh) using sql plus and trying to create flat file that contains all records returned from SQL query in SQL script(file1.sql) I given... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file (one record) in a SHL script

I am trying to read a file in a shl script (only one record) and stored in a variable file_number I got the following read -u $BANNER_HOME/xxxxxxx/misc/EFTSQL.dat file_number file_number2 = $file_number + 1 echo $file_number2 > $BANNER_HOME/xxxxxx/misc/EFTSQL.dat EOF It is not working... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rechever
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

repeating ftp script question

so i got this request to do this: - Script should check for the file ever 15 minutes on the FTP server…if the file is not found, then the whole script exits. File will only be created one a week at random. i have gotten this far, but am kind of stuck, also sleep command doesnt work... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zapatur23
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help creating a timestamp script to record mem usage

Hi, I'm looking into doing a few performance tweaks by adjusting my max memory on a few lpars. I would to create a time stamp script so i could review it for a week and determine how much space i can lower my max memory to so i could reclaim and allocate that memory to where it is needed the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpundit
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting Repeating lines from a txt file via script

Hi, I'm having trouble in achieving the following scenario. There is a txt file with thousands of lines and few lines are repeated, which needs to be removed using a script. File.txt 20140522121432,0,12,ram Loc=India From=ram@xxx.com, To=ravi@yyy.com,, 1 2 3 4 . . 30... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gautham
18 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract timestamp from first record in xml file and it checks if not it will replace first record

I have test.xml <emp><id>101</id><name>AAA</name><date>06/06/14 1811</date></emp> <Join><id>101</id><city>london</city><date>06/06/14 2011</date></join> <Join><id>101</id><city>new york</city><date>06/06/14 1811</date></join> <Join><id>101</id><city>sydney</city><date>06/06/14... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsraju
2 Replies
NWPJMV(1)							      nwpjmv								 NWPJMV(1)

NAME
nwpjvm - Move print job to Unix queue SYNOPSIS
nwpjmv [ -S server ] [ -h ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -q queue name ] [ -c command ] [ -j job number ] [ -d ] DESCRIPTION
nwpjmv is a program that connects to print queues on NetWare servers and moves a designated print job to a Unix queue. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the print server name at the server. -P password password is the password to use for the print server at the server. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, pserver prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if the print server does not require a password. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -q queue name queue name is the name of the print queue you want to service. -c command nwpjmv removes the designated job from the Novell queue and feeds the job file to stdin. command is the printing command that is exe- cuted for each job. The default command is 'lpr'. You can insert several flags into the command, preceded by %. These are replaced with values retrieved from the queue structure for the print job. %u: This field will be replaced by the name of the user who posted this print job. %d: This field will be replaced by the job description field of this print job. -j job number This designates the ID number of the print job to be moved. -d causes extra error messages to be logged. SEE ALSO
nwclient(5), slist(1), pqlist(1), ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8), pserver(1) CREDITS
nwpjmv was written by Bruno Browning (bruno@lss.wisc.edu) based on pserver by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) nwpjmv 03/15/2003 NWPJMV(1)