Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating repeating record in between file through script Post 302893998 by Ganesh L on Sunday 23rd of March 2014 02:12:04 AM
Old 03-23-2014
Thanks for you reply

I have tried modifying as below. Iam getting error. is that correct??
Code:
<filename>'|awk '/001/{s=1;print;next}s{r=$0;s=0;t=1;print;next}!/006/&&!t{print r}{t=0;print}' > <targetfile>

any chagnes needed??

Last edited by Scott; 03-23-2014 at 03:15 AM.. Reason: Code tags, please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Repeating commands in a script

I have written a script that I want to be repeated. The script that I wrote outputs the date, how many people are on the system, how many people logged in before me, and how many people logged in after me. Than what I want it to do is after it outputs the 4 lines I want it to go back to the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dave2874
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to search a bad record in a file then put the record in the bad file

I need to write a script that can find a bad record (for example: there is date field colom but value provided in the file for this field is N/A) then script shoud searches this pattern and then insert the whole record into the bad file. Example: File1 Name designation dateOfJoining... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shilendrajadon
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to search a bad record in a file then put the record in the bad file

I need to write a script that can find a bad record (for example: there is date field colom but value provided in the file for this field is N/A) then script shoud searches this pattern and then insert the whole record into the bad file. Example: File1 Name designation dateOfJoining... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shilendrajadon
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating new file with new record length

Hi there, using the command below > cat file1 | tr "\001" " " > tmp2 how can I alter the record length of tmp2 to fix length of 350 bytes ? Thanks a lot! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrjunsy
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

(Urgent):Creating flat file using sql script and sqlplus from UNIX Shell Script

Hi, I need help urgently for following issue. Pls help me to resolve this issue. I am calling sql script file(file1.sql) from UNIX Shell Script(script1.ksh) using sql plus and trying to create flat file that contains all records returned from SQL query in SQL script(file1.sql) I given... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file (one record) in a SHL script

I am trying to read a file in a shl script (only one record) and stored in a variable file_number I got the following read -u $BANNER_HOME/xxxxxxx/misc/EFTSQL.dat file_number file_number2 = $file_number + 1 echo $file_number2 > $BANNER_HOME/xxxxxx/misc/EFTSQL.dat EOF It is not working... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rechever
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

repeating ftp script question

so i got this request to do this: - Script should check for the file ever 15 minutes on the FTP server…if the file is not found, then the whole script exits. File will only be created one a week at random. i have gotten this far, but am kind of stuck, also sleep command doesnt work... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zapatur23
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help creating a timestamp script to record mem usage

Hi, I'm looking into doing a few performance tweaks by adjusting my max memory on a few lpars. I would to create a time stamp script so i could review it for a week and determine how much space i can lower my max memory to so i could reclaim and allocate that memory to where it is needed the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpundit
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting Repeating lines from a txt file via script

Hi, I'm having trouble in achieving the following scenario. There is a txt file with thousands of lines and few lines are repeated, which needs to be removed using a script. File.txt 20140522121432,0,12,ram Loc=India From=ram@xxx.com, To=ravi@yyy.com,, 1 2 3 4 . . 30... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gautham
18 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract timestamp from first record in xml file and it checks if not it will replace first record

I have test.xml <emp><id>101</id><name>AAA</name><date>06/06/14 1811</date></emp> <Join><id>101</id><city>london</city><date>06/06/14 2011</date></join> <Join><id>101</id><city>new york</city><date>06/06/14 1811</date></join> <Join><id>101</id><city>sydney</city><date>06/06/14... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsraju
2 Replies
GEOIPLOOKUP6(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   GEOIPLOOKUP6(1)

NAME
geouplookup6 - look up country using IP Address or hostname SYNOPSIS
geouplookup6 [-d directory] [-f filename] [-v] <ipaddress|hostname> DESCRIPTION
geouplookup6 uses the GeoIP library and database to find the Country that an IP address or hostname originates from. You must install a database suitable for geoiplookup6. IE: GeoIPv6.dat For example: geouplookup6 2001:4860:0:1001::68 geoiplookup6 ipv6.google.com will find the Country that 2001:4860:0:1001::68 originates from, in the following format: US, United States OPTIONS
-f Specify a custom path to a single GeoIP datafile. -d Specify a custom directory containing GeoIP datafile(s). By default geouplookup6 looks in /var/lib/GeoIP -v Lists the date and build number for the GeoIP datafile(s). AUTHOR
Written by T.J. Mather REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <support@maxmind.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 MaxMind LLC This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
geoipupdate(1), nslookup(1). 4th Berkeley Distribution 28 Oct 2008 GEOIPLOOKUP6(1)