Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl code to retrieve text from website Post 302893316 by cmccabe on Tuesday 18th of March 2014 01:06:59 PM
Old 03-18-2014
perl code to retrieve data from website

The site: Whole Exome Sequencing - Tests - GTR - NCBI

has 7 tabs (overview, how to order, indication, methodology, performance characteristics, interpretation, labratory contact). Each tab has relavent data in it that I would like to pull. For example the tag "Test name" is in overview. The tag "Method" is also in overview. The tag "Labratory contact" is in Labratory Contact. Thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

retrieve text after grep

I am trying to search for a pattern in a file containing xml - When I match the search I want to retrieve all the text within the xml brackets.. Whats the best way to read in data between xml tags in a shell script? ie.. xml returned which I have in a file now is something like below:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl website login and session

Hi, I'm currently working on a perl website, and I would need a system where a few users can login into the administration side of the site. about 5-10 users maximum, all pretty simple. I was thinking of using an .htaccess file and a seperate admin folder on the server. I'm wondering if there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LNC
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

retrieve what the currently selected item is in a dropdown select list using perl tk

I have a dropdown menu built in perl tk (I am using active state perl). I want to select a value from the dropdown menu and I want to be able to perform some other actions depending upon what value is selected. I have all the graphical part made but I dont know how to get the selected value. Any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Perl to query a website and parse the result

Hi, I am a JAVA programmer and I have no idea about perl. I did use it a long time ago and I don't even remember the basics. So here is my problem: In my work, I am supposed to build a simple program that opens a website (Gene Ontology)and passes my query and returns the result into a file. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chavanak
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: a way to see a sub code in debug mode: perl -de 0 ?

Is there a way to see or print a sub code? Sometime a sub could be already defined, but in the debug mode (so, interactively) it could be already out of screen. So, I would think about a way to check if the sub is defined (just 'defined' is not a problem) and how it is defined. Also, if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve a number or string from file1 and redirect into file2 in perl script?

hello forum members, I am siva ,As i am new to perl scripting i looking help from forum members. i need a sample program are command for pattern matching. I have file name infile1 which some data, I need to search the particular number are string in the file which repeats n number of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: workforsiva
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: retrieve the data based on regular expression

Hi Friends i have a code below sample $text contains the values test1 PIC X test1 PIC XX test1 PIC XXX test1 PIC X(8) test1 PIC X(12) test1 PIC X test1 X(8) test1 PIC X VALUE 'N'. $text =~ /^\d{6} +(\d{2}) +(+) +PIC +(+)(\((\d+)\)(V(+)| +(COMP\-3).|\.)|( +(COMP\-3).|... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i run sql queries from UNIX shell script and retrieve data into text docs of UNIX?

Please share the doc asap as very urgently required. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 24ajay
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve information Text/Word from HTML code using awk/sed

awk/sed newbie here. I have a HTML file and from that file and I would like to retrieve a text word. <font face=arial size=-1><li><a href=/value_for_clients/Tokyo/abc_process.txt>abc</a> NDK Version: 4.0 </li> <font face=arial size=-1><li><a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk2code
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to search a text in file and retrieve required lines following it with UNIX command?

I have requirement to search for a text in the file and retrieve required lines that is user defined with unix command. Eg: Find the text UNIX in the below file and need to return Test 8 & Test 9 Test 1 Test 2 Test 3 Test 4 UNIX Test 5 Test 6 Test 7 Test 8 Test 9 Result can... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunkumarsak4
8 Replies
Net::Google::Code::Issue(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Net::Google::Code::Issue(3pm)

NAME
Net::Google::Code::Issue - Google Code Issue SYNOPSIS
use Net::Google::Code::Issue; my $issue = Net::Google::Code::Issue->new( project => 'net-google-code' ); $issue->load(42); DESCRIPTION
ATTRIBUTES
project project name email, password user's email and password id status owner reporter reported merged stars closed cc summary description labels comments attachments INTERFACE
load parse updated the last comment's date. create comment, summary, status, owner, cc, labels, files. update comment, summary, status, owner, merge_into, cc, labels, blocked_on, files. list( q => '', can => '', author => '', id => '', label => '', max_results => '', owner => '', published_min => '', published_max => '', updated_min => '', updated_max => '', start_index => '' ) google's api way to get/search issues return a list of loaded issues in list context, a ref to the list otherwise. load_comments google's api way to get and load comments( no scraping is done here ) parse_hybrid when $USE_HYBRID is true, we will try to load issue with the google's official api, but as the api is not complete, we still need to do scraping to load something( e.g. attachments ), this method is used to do this. AUTHOR
sunnavy "<sunnavy@bestpractical.com>" LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2008-2010 Best Practical Solutions. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-04-28 Net::Google::Code::Issue(3pm)