Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl code to retrieve text from website Post 302893287 by blackrageous on Tuesday 18th of March 2014 10:28:34 AM
Old 03-18-2014
It's cool to compact code; however, when you're debugging as well as requesting help, I suggest you use multiple lines to show the code.

Once you do so, you should evaluate each line to see that it actually returns someting. For example, what does $c evaluate to at each step, as well as other variables.

Try that approach.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

retrieve text after grep

I am trying to search for a pattern in a file containing xml - When I match the search I want to retrieve all the text within the xml brackets.. Whats the best way to read in data between xml tags in a shell script? ie.. xml returned which I have in a file now is something like below:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl website login and session

Hi, I'm currently working on a perl website, and I would need a system where a few users can login into the administration side of the site. about 5-10 users maximum, all pretty simple. I was thinking of using an .htaccess file and a seperate admin folder on the server. I'm wondering if there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LNC
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

retrieve what the currently selected item is in a dropdown select list using perl tk

I have a dropdown menu built in perl tk (I am using active state perl). I want to select a value from the dropdown menu and I want to be able to perform some other actions depending upon what value is selected. I have all the graphical part made but I dont know how to get the selected value. Any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Perl to query a website and parse the result

Hi, I am a JAVA programmer and I have no idea about perl. I did use it a long time ago and I don't even remember the basics. So here is my problem: In my work, I am supposed to build a simple program that opens a website (Gene Ontology)and passes my query and returns the result into a file. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chavanak
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: a way to see a sub code in debug mode: perl -de 0 ?

Is there a way to see or print a sub code? Sometime a sub could be already defined, but in the debug mode (so, interactively) it could be already out of screen. So, I would think about a way to check if the sub is defined (just 'defined' is not a problem) and how it is defined. Also, if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve a number or string from file1 and redirect into file2 in perl script?

hello forum members, I am siva ,As i am new to perl scripting i looking help from forum members. i need a sample program are command for pattern matching. I have file name infile1 which some data, I need to search the particular number are string in the file which repeats n number of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: workforsiva
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: retrieve the data based on regular expression

Hi Friends i have a code below sample $text contains the values test1 PIC X test1 PIC XX test1 PIC XXX test1 PIC X(8) test1 PIC X(12) test1 PIC X test1 X(8) test1 PIC X VALUE 'N'. $text =~ /^\d{6} +(\d{2}) +(+) +PIC +(+)(\((\d+)\)(V(+)| +(COMP\-3).|\.)|( +(COMP\-3).|... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i run sql queries from UNIX shell script and retrieve data into text docs of UNIX?

Please share the doc asap as very urgently required. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 24ajay
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve information Text/Word from HTML code using awk/sed

awk/sed newbie here. I have a HTML file and from that file and I would like to retrieve a text word. <font face=arial size=-1><li><a href=/value_for_clients/Tokyo/abc_process.txt>abc</a> NDK Version: 4.0 </li> <font face=arial size=-1><li><a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk2code
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to search a text in file and retrieve required lines following it with UNIX command?

I have requirement to search for a text in the file and retrieve required lines that is user defined with unix command. Eg: Find the text UNIX in the below file and need to return Test 8 & Test 9 Test 1 Test 2 Test 3 Test 4 UNIX Test 5 Test 6 Test 7 Test 8 Test 9 Result can... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunkumarsak4
8 Replies
Pod::Simple::TextContent(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			     Pod::Simple::TextContent(3pm)

NAME
Pod::Simple::TextContent -- get the text content of Pod SYNOPSIS
TODO perl -MPod::Simple::TextContent -e "exit Pod::Simple::TextContent->filter(shift)->any_errata_seen" thingy.pod DESCRIPTION
This class is that parses Pod and dumps just the text content. It is mainly meant for use by the Pod::Simple test suite, but you may find some other use for it. This is a subclass of Pod::Simple and inherits all its methods. SEE ALSO
Pod::Simple, Pod::Simple::Text, Pod::Spell SUPPORT
Questions or discussion about POD and Pod::Simple should be sent to the pod-people@perl.org mail list. Send an empty email to pod-people-subscribe@perl.org to subscribe. This module is managed in an open GitHub repository, http://github.com/theory/pod-simple/ <http://github.com/theory/pod-simple/>. Feel free to fork and contribute, or to clone git://github.com/theory/pod-simple.git <git://github.com/theory/pod-simple.git> and send patches! Patches against Pod::Simple are welcome. Please send bug reports to <bug-pod-simple@rt.cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT AND DISCLAIMERS
Copyright (c) 2002 Sean M. Burke. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. AUTHOR
Pod::Simple was created by Sean M. Burke <sburke@cpan.org>. But don't bother him, he's retired. Pod::Simple is maintained by: o Allison Randal "allison@perl.org" o Hans Dieter Pearcey "hdp@cpan.org" o David E. Wheeler "dwheeler@cpan.org" perl v5.16.2 2012-10-25 Pod::Simple::TextContent(3pm)