Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Looking for command line to find dirs based on size and date Post 302892063 by Yoda on Monday 10th of March 2014 03:49:36 PM
Old 03-10-2014
One way of doing this is using stat command:
Code:
du -sm /wlwork/epc_domain/stage/job* | while read size dir
do
        d_epoch=$( stat --printf=%Y "$dir" )
        c_epoch=$( date +%s )

(( diff = ( c_epoch - d_epoch ) / 86400 ))

if [ $diff -gt 2 ] && [ $size -gt 50 ]
        then
                echo "Deleting dir: $dir"
                # Delete here
        fi
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Traversing thru dirs and deleting files based on date

Hi Folks I am pretty new to unix and shellscripting. I need help on writing logic on traversing recursively through a set of directories under a top-level folder and delete files(mostly text) which are 1 month old. Can you people help me on this? Thanks a lot Ravi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi2082
5 Replies

2. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find file size and date

Hi in my shell script I have to do this 1. there is a file called testing.txt in /home/report directory If the file size is 0(zero) and date is today's date, then I have to print "Successful" else "Failed". 2. There is a file called number.txt which will have text only one line like this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsusarla
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command and pruning .dirs

I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find it with the search. I have a script that looks for files and then moves to another location for further processing. My problem is I can't seem to prune the .s* directories. It doesn't break anything just wanted a cleaner process. Here... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcalisi
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

find command to display size and date of a file

Hi, The blow code does not yeild any output. find . -name "*.jar" -o -name "*.ksh" -o -name "*.properties" -name "*.war" -o -name "*.ear" -o -name "*.sh" -o -name "*.cfg" -exec ls -l {} \; I wish to print the filename filesize filedate in HP-UX. Can anyone help ? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to determine Date,TotalFile,total size of file based on date

I have file listed like below -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 17M Nov 26 14:43 test1.gz -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 0 Nov 26 14:44 test2.gz -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 0 Nov 27 10:41 test3.gz -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 244K Nov 27 10:41 test4.gz -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 17M Nov 27 10:41 test5.gz I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krish2014
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the count of files by last created date based on the given date range

My unix version is IBM AIX Version 6.1 I tried google my requirement and found the below answer, find . -newermt “2012-06-15 08:13" ! -newermt “2012-06-15 18:20" But newer command is not working in AIX version 6.1 unix I have given my requirement below: Input: atr files: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yuvaa27
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

HP/UX command to pull file name/date based on date

HI, Can anyone tell me how to pull the date and file name separated by a space using the find command or any other command. I want to look through several directories and based on a date timeframe (find -mtime -7), output the file name (without the path) and the date(in format mmddyyyy) to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lnemitz
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cut each line based on the character size

Hello All, I have a file which contain below lines. The starting word of each line is call and the end line is semi colon. I need to find the character size of each line and then move it to a file. If the character size is more than 255 then I need to push that line to a next file and I need... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JoshvaPeter
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Append each line based upon the character size

I have a huge file which contains multiple lines. It need to check whether character length is not more than 255 each line. If its not then it should remove the character up to column. I have described in the output below. If its more than that the next line should start with call but if the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JoshvaPeter
1 Replies
Plack::Session::Store::File(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Plack::Session::Store::File(3pm)

NAME
Plack::Session::Store::File - Basic file-based session store SYNOPSIS
use Plack::Builder; use Plack::Middleware::Session; use Plack::Session::Store::File; my $app = sub { return [ 200, [ 'Content-Type' => 'text/plain' ], [ 'Hello Foo' ] ]; }; builder { enable 'Session', store => Plack::Session::Store::File->new( dir => '/path/to/sessions' ); $app; }; # with custom serializer/deserializer builder { enable 'Session', store => Plack::Session::Store::File->new( dir => '/path/to/sessions', # YAML takes it's args the opposite order serializer => sub { YAML::DumpFile( reverse @_ ) }, deserializer => sub { YAML::LoadFile( @_ ) }, ); $app; }; DESCRIPTION
This implements a basic file based storage for session data. By default it will use Storable to serialize and deserialize the data, but this can be configured easily. This is a subclass of Plack::Session::Store and implements its full interface. METHODS
new ( %params ) The %params can include dir, serializer and deserializer options. It will check to be sure that the dir is writable for you. dir This is the directory to store the session data files in, if nothing is provided then "/tmp" is used. serializer This is a CODE reference that implements the serialization logic. The CODE ref gets two arguments, the $value, which is a HASH reference to be serialized, and the $file_path to save it to. It is not expected to return anything. deserializer This is a CODE reference that implements the deserialization logic. The CODE ref gets one argument, the $file_path to load the data from. It is expected to return a HASH reference. BUGS
All complex software has bugs lurking in it, and this module is no exception. If you find a bug please either email me, or add the bug to cpan-RT. AUTHOR
Stevan Little <stevan.little@iinteractive.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2009, 2010 Infinity Interactive, Inc. <http://www.iinteractive.com> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.4 2011-07-27 Plack::Session::Store::File(3pm)