Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Append your messaage in UNIX command Post 302891918 by ahamed101 on Sunday 9th of March 2014 03:42:54 PM
Old 03-09-2014
You need to give us more clarity. What message do you want to append after every ErrorLog_*.txt? Is the message same or is it different?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there any way to append pdf files in UNIX?

Is there any way to append pdf files in UNIX? I have a apllication which creates pdf files. Now i want to append them so that it gives me one pdf file. Is this possible? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cp7800
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with command to append strings

Greetings all, I'm in need of some help in coming up with this command which requires me to append 5 strings together: 1. echo "Status from system:" 2. `cat logs.txt` (i need the output of this command) 3. echo "Error output: " 4. `cat errors.txt`(i need the output of this command) 5.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockysfr
3 Replies

3. AIX

append file with tar command

hello, can i append files into tape without clear this tape thanks for help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbakry23
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Append the file in UNIX

Hello All, Could you please provide the solution to my following query I have some files in my directory. I need to amend the total number of lines to be added in the starting line of each file. For example, please refer the content of the file "file.dat" below. \h:\w #> cat file.dat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Truncate and Append in unix shell scripting

Hi All, I have a long log file (abc.log) which contains large volume of data that need to be inserted into the database as clob. I am having problem in inserting the long log file into the clob field if the cahracters in the file exceeds. So iwould like to truncate the file upto 32767... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshorpu
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to append the last line of a file on UNIX Box

Dear Friends, I would like to apend the last line of one file on my UNIX box. Please let me know if you have any suggetsion for this. E.g: I have a file ABC as below Required Help Rajesh Amathi | | Thanks in advance. Result: I would like the get the output i.e. file ABC should... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshamathi
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append something to a word using sed command

Hi, How to append something to already existing word. Suppose, I have the following line as a part of a file. VVV= jdbc:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dpu
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use variables in 'sed' append command?

HELLO!! I'm trying to pass a variable with in the 'sed' command (which would add some piece of code to file at a particular line). We can use sed '{line-number}a\ alfjaljf\ aslfjsfsjafl\ adlfjaf\' file.txt If file.txt is Now, I would like to add the parameter 'lmn' after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - append date to output of a command

Hi all; I am running a script:/var/tmp/gcsw -ne | grep "State:2" | wc that gives me output like:80 480 6529 but i need this output as:2013-01-18 13:00 -> 80 480 6529 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append a value to the output after using sed command?

Hi All, I have a file where I am converting newlines to comma separated values but I would like to append zero if the output is empty Here is the command I am using sed -n -e 'H;${x;s/\n/,/g;s/^,//;p;}' test1.txt test1.txt will have comma seperated values but sometimes this file can be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeevm
6 Replies
EXINEXT(8)						      System Manager's Manual							EXINEXT(8)

NAME
exinext - Finding individual retry times SYNOPSIS
exinext address|message-id DESCRIPTION
A utility called exinext (mostly a Perl script) provides the ability to fish specific information out of the retry database. Given a mail domain (or a complete address), it looks up the hosts for that domain, and outputs any retry information for the hosts or for the domain. At present, the retry information is obtained by running exim_dumpdb (see below) and processing the output. For example: exinext piglet@milne.fict.example kanga.milne.fict.example:192.168.8.1 error 146: Connection refused first failed: 21-Feb-1996 14:57:34 last tried: 21-Feb-1996 14:57:34 next try at: 21-Feb-1996 15:02:34 roo.milne.fict.example:192.168.8.3 error 146: Connection refused first failed: 20-Jan-1996 13:12:08 last tried: 21-Feb-1996 11:42:03 next try at: 21-Feb-1996 19:42:03 past final cutoff time You can also give exinext a local part, without a domain, and it will give any retry information for that local part in your default domain. A message id can be used to obtain retry information pertaining to a specific message. This exists only when an attempt to deliver a message to a remote host suffers a message-specific error (see section 42.2). exinext is not particularly efficient, but then it isn't expected to be run very often. BUGS
This manual page needs a major re-work. If somebody knows better groff than us and has more experience in writing manual pages, any patches would be greatly appreciated. SEE ALSO
exim(8), /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/ AUTHOR
This manual page was stitched together from spec.txt by Andreas Metzler <ametzler at downhill.at.eu.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). March 26, 2003 EXINEXT(8)