Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Append your messaage in UNIX command Post 302891904 by ankur328 on Sunday 9th of March 2014 01:26:01 PM
Old 03-09-2014
Append your messaage in UNIX command

Hi All,

I am executing this command to capture all the outputs from Error_*.txt files to all.txt file as a single output.

Code:
head -n -5 Error_*.txt > all.txt

It gives me the output in all.txt as:

Code:
==> ErrorLog_batchSearch.txt <==
2014-03-09 17:07:28,193 ERROR [nucleusNamespace.] Cannot parse property value "null" of 

==> ErrorLog_content.txt <==

==> ErrorLog_lockServer.txt <==

==> ErrorLog_mobile.txt <==

Now I want to append some Message after every
Code:
==> ErrorLog_content.txt <==

in the same line as :
Code:
==> ErrorLog_content.txt <==  Here are the errors:

Can somebody please help me on this.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there any way to append pdf files in UNIX?

Is there any way to append pdf files in UNIX? I have a apllication which creates pdf files. Now i want to append them so that it gives me one pdf file. Is this possible? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cp7800
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with command to append strings

Greetings all, I'm in need of some help in coming up with this command which requires me to append 5 strings together: 1. echo "Status from system:" 2. `cat logs.txt` (i need the output of this command) 3. echo "Error output: " 4. `cat errors.txt`(i need the output of this command) 5.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockysfr
3 Replies

3. AIX

append file with tar command

hello, can i append files into tape without clear this tape thanks for help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbakry23
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Append the file in UNIX

Hello All, Could you please provide the solution to my following query I have some files in my directory. I need to amend the total number of lines to be added in the starting line of each file. For example, please refer the content of the file "file.dat" below. \h:\w #> cat file.dat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Truncate and Append in unix shell scripting

Hi All, I have a long log file (abc.log) which contains large volume of data that need to be inserted into the database as clob. I am having problem in inserting the long log file into the clob field if the cahracters in the file exceeds. So iwould like to truncate the file upto 32767... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshorpu
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to append the last line of a file on UNIX Box

Dear Friends, I would like to apend the last line of one file on my UNIX box. Please let me know if you have any suggetsion for this. E.g: I have a file ABC as below Required Help Rajesh Amathi | | Thanks in advance. Result: I would like the get the output i.e. file ABC should... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshamathi
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append something to a word using sed command

Hi, How to append something to already existing word. Suppose, I have the following line as a part of a file. VVV= jdbc:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dpu
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use variables in 'sed' append command?

HELLO!! I'm trying to pass a variable with in the 'sed' command (which would add some piece of code to file at a particular line). We can use sed '{line-number}a\ alfjaljf\ aslfjsfsjafl\ adlfjaf\' file.txt If file.txt is Now, I would like to add the parameter 'lmn' after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - append date to output of a command

Hi all; I am running a script:/var/tmp/gcsw -ne | grep "State:2" | wc that gives me output like:80 480 6529 but i need this output as:2013-01-18 13:00 -> 80 480 6529 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append a value to the output after using sed command?

Hi All, I have a file where I am converting newlines to comma separated values but I would like to append zero if the output is empty Here is the command I am using sed -n -e 'H;${x;s/\n/,/g;s/^,//;p;}' test1.txt test1.txt will have comma seperated values but sometimes this file can be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeevm
6 Replies
TEXTDUMP(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					       TEXTDUMP(4)

NAME
textdump -- textdump kernel dumping facility SYNOPSIS
options KDB options DDB DESCRIPTION
The textdump facility allows the capture of kernel debugging information to disk in a human-readable rather than the machine-readable form normally used with kernel memory dumps and minidumps. This representation, while less complete in that it does not capture full kernel state, can provide debugging information in a more compact, portable, and persistent form than a traditional dump. By combining textdump with other ddb(4) facilities, such as scripting and output capture, detailed bug information can be captured in a fully automated manner. FORMAT
textdump data is stored in a dump partition in the same style as a regular memory dump, and will be automatically extracted by savecore(8) if present on boot. textdump files are stored in the tar(5) format, and consist of one or more text files, each storing a particular type of debugging output. The following parts may be present: ddb.txt Captured ddb(4) output, if the capture facility has been used. May be disabled by clearing the debug.ddb.textdump.do_ddb sysctl. config.txt Kernel configuration, if has been compiled into the kernel. May be disabled by clearing the debug.ddb.textdump.do_config sysctl. msgbuf.txt Kernel message buffer, including recent console output if the capture facility has been used. May be disabled by clearing the debug.ddb.textdump.do_msgbuf sysctl. panic.txt Kernel panic string, if the kernel panicked before the dump was generated. May be disabled by clearing the debug.ddb.textdump.do_panic sysctl. version.txt Kernel version string. My be disabled by clearing the debug.ddb.textdump.do_version sysctl. Kernel textdumps may be extracted using tar(1). CONFIGURATION
The textdump facility is enabled as part of the kernel debugger using options KDB and options DDB. By default, kernel dumps generated on panic or via explicit requests for a dump will be regular memory dumps; however, by using the textdump set command in ddb(4), or by setting the debug.ddb.textdump.pending sysctl to 1 using sysctl(8), it is possible to request that the next dump be a textdump. If at the ddb(4) command line, the commands textdump set, textdump status, and textdump unset may be used to set, query, and clear the textdump pending flag. As with regular kernel dumps, a dump partition must be automatically or manually configured using dumpon(8). EXAMPLES
In the following example, the script kdb.enter.panic will run when the kernel debugger is entered as a result of a panic, enable output cap- ture, dump several useful pieces of debugging information, and then invoke panic in order to force a kernel dump to be written out followed by a reboot: script kdb.enter.panic=textdump set; capture on; show allpcpu; bt; ps; alltrace; show alllock; call doadump; reset In the following example, the script kdb.enter.witness will run when the kernel debugger is entered as a result of a witness violation, printing lock-related information for the user: script kdb.enter.witness=show locks These scripts may also be configured using the ddb(8) utility. SEE ALSO
tar(1), ddb(4), tar(5), ddb(8), dumpon(8), savecore(8), sysctl(8) HISTORY
The textdump facility first appeared in FreeBSD 7.1. AUTHORS
The textdump facility was created by Robert N. M. Watson. BSD
December 24, 2008 BSD