Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat [Solved] I am not able to hear any sound from CentOS 5.9 Post 302891709 by Corona688 on Friday 7th of March 2014 11:22:59 AM
Old 03-07-2014
What's your computer?

Laptops especially often have problems with sound, particularly brand-new laptops which Linux maintainers haven't been told about. Manufacturers wall over problems with custom Windows drivers and don't tell anyone, Linux is forced to deal with it the hard way. There's usually a way, but someone needs to find it.

Search for topics related to linux and your particular model of computer, not just generic "sound doesn't work in centos" topics.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help is Hear

i made a program called Unix Unlocked for mac osx networks / home computers safe yes you can get it at my site www.geocities.com/huntermadison2002/unix.html :) you can sen me new bits of coad that i will try to run on it at my forms (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepicoman
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

How to Upgrade Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image on Vmware workstation

Dear Linux Experts, On my windows 7 desktop with the help of Vmware workstation (Version 7.1), created virtual machine and installed Centos 5.7 successfully using ISO image. Query : Is this possible to upgrade the Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image to Centos version 5.8?.. if yes kindly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthcn
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] Cannot install KVM guest on CentOS/RedHat

Hi, I've a CentOS Server and I need to create KVM guest machine without X. /usr/sbin/virt-install --name server1 --ram 4000 --vcpus=8 --file=/srv/virtual/server1.img --file-size=20 --cdrom /tmp/server1.iso --mac=52:54:00:fd:48:7c The iso was created with cobbler... So, now the machine is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiddenshadow
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] ls -l in CentOS 6.4 after upload using sftp

Hi everyone, Something rather interesting just happened to me. I uploaded a file to a server through sftp. I closed the connection and then logged on to the server via ssh. So far so good. When I typed ls -l in the remote server to retrieve a directory listing, the file that was previously... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gacanepa
2 Replies
gnome-sound-properties(1)					   User Commands					 gnome-sound-properties(1)

NAME
gnome-sound-properties - enable sound, and associate sounds with events SYNOPSIS
gnome-sound-properties [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
The Sound preference tool enables you to control when the GNOME sound server starts. You can also specify which sounds to play when partic- ular events occur. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-optionStandard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more information. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching the Sound preference tool example% gnome-sound-properties EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-sound-proExecutable for the Sound preferences tool. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-desktop-preferences | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Preference Tools Manual Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. libesd(3), gnome-control-center(1), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Glynn Foster, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 2 Oct 2003 gnome-sound-properties(1)