Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unable to automate telnet login Post 302891449 by Chubler_XL on Wednesday 5th of March 2014 10:22:46 PM
Old 03-05-2014
What do you need to do on the windows box?

If you just want to transfer files could you use samba or smbclient?

How about running a scheduled task (java, vbscript or the like) to perform the operations on the windows box save the result to a file and then get unix to pick it up using smbclient?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Unable to login at console and telnet

Hi friend, I'm facing a problem to access the console and telnet to the HP ux 11 server due to the system file is full. How to access this server via single mode and how to mount the folder / and folder /var? thanks. vestro (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vestro
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

automate Telnet ?

Hi, I have to run a script shell on a unix server from my windows PC. For that, I open a cmd windows and use Telnet to connect to the unix and run the script (by the .profile of a special user). Is it possible to automate Telnet in order to not enter the user and the password ? Anyway, has... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tbeghain
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script to automate telnet session

Hi all, I am currently running a daemon which creates a virtual terminal for testing purposes. Essentially, if I were to interact with it manually, this is what I get. john@test1:~$telnet localhost 7777 Trying ::1... Connected to localhost. Escape character is '^]' mip6d> pl eth2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abxccd
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate CVS login using shell script

Hi, Can anyone pls help me to automate login to cvs. I basically want to login to cvs and update a file. the script always gets to the login and returns the prompt for a password. Is there any way to send the password in the script itself. Here is the script: #!/bin/ksh... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu_shekar
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatically login in the telnet from present telnet

Hi, I was writing one script which includes to switch to the another telnet automatically from the present telnet server. I was using rlogin but firstly it takes the same user name of the present telnet and secondly it is prompting for the password. But i want to switch to the another telnet... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prateek
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

telnet login successful ,but ssh can not login

why I can login by telnet using root account but when i use login by ssh using root account it is not successful ,is it different password i am sure ssh service is started (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to automate pbrun login through script?

Hi All, I need information regarding how to automate the pbrun process in script in Linux. Example sample script below, #!bin/sh /usr/xyz/pbrun testusr -password testpwd testusr is username for pbrun and testpwd is password for pbrun. Im not sure if it is correct way to invoke pbrun in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pravs4info
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to automate SSH in Script

Hi I have a script at Server B. I want to run it from server A via another script. I tried the following command. ssh mss@247.123.456.123 "sh pm10.sh" It's getting login automatically, but while running the script through error like "reppar: command not found" where reppar is an application... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshmepco
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate OTPW login to ssh via bash script

Hello everyone. I'm a Linux novice trying out a lot of bash scripting lately, as it is so very addictive. Lately I have been setting up one of my boxes remotely and have been hardening it as much as possible. Please allow me to explain the scenario, as it does tend to become a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: instro
1 Replies
SMBTAR(1)							   User Commands							 SMBTAR(1)

NAME
smbtar - shell script for backing up SMB/CIFS shares directly to UNIX tape drives SYNOPSIS
smbtar [-r] [-i] [-a] [-v] {-s server} [-p password] [-x services] [-X] [-N filename] [-b blocksize] [-d directory] [-l loglevel] [-u user] [-t tape] {filenames} DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the samba(7) suite. smbtar is a very small shell script on top of smbclient(1) which dumps SMB shares directly to tape. OPTIONS
-s server The SMB/CIFS server that the share resides upon. -x service The share name on the server to connect to. The default is "backup". -X Exclude mode. Exclude filenames... from tar create or restore. -d directory Change to initial directory before restoring / backing up files. -v Verbose mode. -p password The password to use to access a share. Default: none -u user The user id to connect as. Default: UNIX login name. -a Reset DOS archive bit mode to indicate file has been archived. -t tape Tape device. May be regular file or tape device. Default: $TAPE environmental variable; if not set, a file called tar.out. -b blocksize Blocking factor. Defaults to 20. See tar(1) for a fuller explanation. -N filename Backup only files newer than filename. Could be used (for example) on a log file to implement incremental backups. -i Incremental mode; tar files are only backed up if they have the archive bit set. The archive bit is reset after each file is read. -r Restore. Files are restored to the share from the tar file. -l log level Log (debug) level. Corresponds to the -d flag of smbclient(1). ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The $TAPE variable specifies the default tape device to write to. May be overridden with the -t option. BUGS
The smbtar script has different options from ordinary tar and from smbclient's tar command. CAVEATS
Sites that are more careful about security may not like the way the script handles PC passwords. Backup and restore work on entire shares; should work on file lists. smbtar works best with GNU tar and may not work well with other versions. DIAGNOSTICS
See the DIAGNOSTICS section for the smbclient(1) command. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 3 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
smbd(8), smbclient(1), smb.conf(5). AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. Ricky Poulten wrote the tar extension and this man page. The smbtar script was heavily rewritten and improved by Martin Kraemer. Many thanks to everyone who suggested extensions, improvements, bug fixes, etc. The man page sources were converted to YODL format (another excellent piece of Open Source software, available at ftp://ftp.icce.rug.nl/pub/unix/) and updated for the Samba 2.0 release by Jeremy Allison. The conversion to DocBook for Samba 2.2 was done by Gerald Carter. The conversion to DocBook XML 4.2 for Samba 3.0 was done by Alexander Bokovoy. Samba 4.0 06/17/2014 SMBTAR(1)