Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Requirement of Spliting a text file in UNIX Programing Post 302891142 by Subbeh on Tuesday 4th of March 2014 05:38:24 AM
Old 03-04-2014
Try this:
Code:
awk -F'[= ]' '/^ RC=/{rc=$3}rc{print>>rc".txt"}' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

system requirement for unix

I want to try running the free down load from sun, their solaris 8. I have an intel pentium 3, 550 mhz, 8 GB drive, with 128 ram. I this anough to run a unix os like solaris 8. Also is their a browser that I could use with solaris8 so as to connect to the internet. Does ie have a version for unix.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gparsons70
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

spliting up a huge file

I have a file {filename} which contains 65000 records I need to split into 6 smaller files roughly 11000 records each. Can someone advise me of the Unix command to do so ? Many thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grinder182533
2 Replies

3. Programming

creating GUI using C programing in unix server

I want to write GUI using C programing in Unix server. But I can not use windows.h header file. I want to create some text box using C programing. Please suggest me any sample code or tutorial for this purpose. I do not know any thing about GUI programing in C language. Thanks in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rinku
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

spliting a file

how would i split the file "file1" into smaller files containg lines of 15 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JamieMurry
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Spliting problem

I have a very big log file which looks like this: I need to split this file and create files with "+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+" as the delimiter. The file names need to be the contents of the next line after the delimiter(FIRST_ITEM,SECOND_ITEM...so on..). (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: engineer
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

spliting up a large file

Dear All, I have a very large file which which i would like split into indvidual frames evrytime the line ends with "ENDMDL" and then name frame1.pdb frame2.pdb etc can any one give me a few sugeestions? ideally i would like to have ENDMDL at the end of each frame or not pressent at all. an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mish_99
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx requirement - email body header in bold and data content in normal text

Dear all- I have a requirement to send an email via email with body content which looks something below- Email body contents -------------------- RequestType: Update DateAcctOpened: 1/5/2010 Note that header information and data content should be normal text.. Please advice on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

8. IP Networking

Help with Unix socket programing

hi I am strucked in a client server program client need to login to server client logins if only username and password are correct i have written a program username is stored as file and password is smilar to username whic is stored in that file when server asks for username... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik1238
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX - requirement

Hi All, I have a source file with data Name ~ Groups Muni~abc,was,USA_ax,123 Chaitanya~USA_12,was Balaji~123,xyz,was Ramu~123,xyz From the second column i want to extract only the groups that matches the pattern 'USA_%' or if the group = 'was', and ignore any other columns. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: morbid_angel
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX requirement

Hi Everyone, Can anyone of you help me on how to get files creation time on ftp server/Remote server in unix. Regards, Avinash. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avinash varma
6 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD