Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issue when executing shc command Post 302891026 by Akshay Hegde on Monday 3rd of March 2014 10:31:21 AM
Old 03-03-2014
Just run following and test whether shc is creating executables
Code:
$ shc -v -r -T -f your_shell_script

This User Gave Thanks to Akshay Hegde For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems using shc

Hi all! First of all, sorry for my poor english :-S Well, I have some scripts in a SuSe server to encrypt... but all them must still working when I encrypt it, ok? About the server, I have root access: # id uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root) # uname -a Linux servername... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Magius
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shc

Hi all, I'm trying to install shc on my clean solaris 10 so that I could do some encrypting on my shell scripts. I've tried several ways but it gave me these error messages # make cc -Wall -O6 shc.c -o shc cc: illegal option -Wall *** Error code 1 make: Fatal error: Command failed... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solarisnoob
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help - shc

I have two scripts test1.sh and test2.sh. test1.sh is calling test2.sh. test2.sh is having some functions and password which we are using in test1.sh test1.sh #!/bin/sh . test2.sh echo "$test"test2.sh #!/bin/sh test=pravinO/P pravin Now use shc to protect my test2.sh and i modified... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pravin27
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shc compiler issue

I am using the shc shell compiler, it works fine, just that when i execute it, it displays the code at the terminal. Is there any way to hide this as well? otherwise it beats the purpose of hiding the code. Thanks ! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysvsr1
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue while executing script

Hi, I'm trying to use the below command in a shell script, but couldn't. The command is working fine when I'm executing from the dollar prompt i.e. shell. Command: grep -i fail /home/applmgr/error.log |egrep -i "`date --date="-4 day" +"%m/%d/%Y"`|`date --date="-4 day" +"%m/%d/%y"`"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesh17
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue while executing C executable with argument in shell script

Hi All, I am new to this forum and also shell script :) My task is I have to read CSV file get the data from the file and use the data to call c executable with data as argument.And the output from c executable should be stored to new CSV file Please find below my code testfunction() {... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravjot28
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue on executing db2 queries through shell script

hi i am trying to execute db2 queries through shell script. it's working fine but for few queries is not working ( those queries are taking time so the script is not waiting to get the complete the execution of that query ) could you please any one help me on this is there any wait... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhaskar v
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in executing cat (remote ssh)

Hi, I need to ssh remotely to a machine and cat a file assign the value to a variable Script: #!/bin/bash -x value=`cat config.txt` echo "$value" ssh me@xxx.host.com "valu='cat /export/home/test.md5'; echo "$valu"" | tee Execution: $ ./x ++ cat config.txt + value='touch me' +... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: close2jay
5 Replies

9. HP-UX

Shc command for hp UNIX 11.23 itanium

(2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue executing grep command on Solaris

more jdbc.xml <name>Fast_ds/DataSource</name> <property> <name>user</name> <value>COL_USER</value> </property>Command 1: grep -A1 '<name>user</name>' jdbc.xml|grep -v '<name>user</name>'|sed 's/\(<value>\|<\/value>\)//g'| sed -e 's/^*//'Output: Command 2: grep... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
5 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)