Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FORTRAN Compiler
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FORTRAN Compiler Post 302890656 by Corona688 on Thursday 27th of February 2014 04:59:40 PM
Old 02-27-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGPickett
As a user not root, I often had to build from source, as the packagers did not allow relocation under my home dir or even execution not by root. The script 'configure' has options to suport this.
Doing so generally requires a compiler...
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Fortran 90 compiler

Hi everybody: Could anybody help me where could I download Fortran 90 complier? Thanks in advance. :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonet
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xl C/C++ compiler to GCC compiler

Hi, we are converting from IBM-AIX(xl c/c++ compiler) to Linux(GCC complier). As a part of this i need to change the CFLAGS. The xl c/c++ complier CFLAGS is CFLAGS := $(CDEBUG) $(PROJECT_INCLUDE_DIRS) $(COBJECT_MODE) -qcpluscmt -qmakedep -qcheck=all \ -qalign=bit_packed $(LINT_FLAGS)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbattu1
0 Replies

3. Programming

How Can a Machine Reads a Compiler Since A Compiler is Written in Text! Not Binaries?

To make a programming language you need a compiler, so what was the first programming language and how was is created if you need the compiler first? The compiler itself is considered as a high language comparing to the machine! since the compiler is not created in 1's and 0's... Eventhough i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
12 Replies

4. Programming

learning fortran

Can anyone recommend a very good Fortran online course for unix. It should also cover Fortran X11 programming if possible. I understand this learning cannot be rushed but a course that addresses useful topics sooner is best. If it isn't free, that's okay. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gav2251
1 Replies

5. Programming

Fortran 77 and gfortran

Hi! I have a program in fortran77. This program was compiled with pgf90, but now, I need compiled it with gfortran. I show a bit of code. program hello PARAMETER(a=100) integer a write(*,*)'value ', a end program hello What's the problem? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekaes
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cc compiler and gcc compiler

hi, can we install gcc compiler in unix based OS(sun solar,IBM AIX,HP,etc) and also can we install sun cc compiler in AIX environment and vice versa. and more ..is linux support cc compiler regards Ajay (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaysahoo
3 Replies

7. Linux

Fortran Compiler cannot create executables

Hello everyone, I am trying to re-install quantum espresso-4.3 on the University's LINUX interface (because of a recent crash and I lost most of my files). when I " ./configure ", It is giving an error stating that : checking building system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu checking... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Physicslad78
7 Replies

8. Programming

FORTRAN p-norm

What would be an accurate and efficient computation of the p-norm in Fortran? Integer :: p Real :: sum, pn Do i = 1, Size (a) sum = sum + ((Abs a(i)) ** p) End Do pn = sum ** (1.0/ Real(p)) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies
PG_BUILDEXT(1)						 Debian PostgreSQL infrastructure					    PG_BUILDEXT(1)

NAME
pg_buildext - Build and install a PostgreSQL extension SYNOPSIS
pg_buildext action srcdir target opts DESCRIPTION
pg_buildext is a script that will build a PostgreSQL extension in a VPATH way. It supports the configure, build, install, and clean actions, and will choose to build for the intersection of versions known in debian/pgversions (versions supported by the package) and in /usr/share/postgresql-common/supported-versions (versions supported in this release). OPTIONS
action One of configure, build, install, or clean. srcdir Where to find the extension sources, including the debian subdirectory. (Usually $(CURDIR).) If not specified, defaults to the current directory. target The target directory where to build the sources, it will get created for you if it does not exist. If the target contains a %v sign, it will get replaced by the specific version of PostgreSQL being built against. (Usually build-%v.) opts %v signs in opts will get replaced as in target. configure Options to pass to the configure script. (Most PostgreSQL extensions do not have a configure script.) build Custom CFLAGS options to use for the build. install Package name to install for. Make will be called with DESTDIR="srcdir/debian/package". clean clean does not take extra options. USAGE
As pg_buildext invokes make for the build, install, and clean actions, invocations from debian/rules (which is a makefile) should be prefixed with + so the sub-makes can talk with the make jobserver. EXAMPLE
build-stamp: +pg_buildext configure $(CURDIR) build-%v "--libdir=/usr/lib/postgresql/%v/lib --datadir=/usr/share/postgresql-%v-plsh" +pg_buildext build $(CURDIR) build-%v install: build +pg_buildext install $(CURDIR) build-%v postgresql-%v-plsh clean: +pg_buildext clean $(CURDIR) build-%v AUTHOR
Dimitri Fontaine <dim@tapoueh.org>, with extensions by Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org>. Debian 2012-10-08 PG_BUILDEXT(1)