Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Cannot read PDF emailed by HP-UX server Post 302890647 by Corona688 on Thursday 27th of February 2014 04:11:27 PM
Old 02-27-2014
Could be a character set or font issue.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Someone used ghostview to read the pdf files?

How can I open the page that I want to read when I used ghostview to read the pdf files? Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_hand
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using gv to read the pdf file.

Sometimes the gv does work well.But sometimes it doesn't work. The error message: ... error:/undefined in /GBpc-EUC-H ... Can anybody help me? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_hand
2 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

emailed reset password is not working

Well, I get this email - Hello, You have requested to reset your password on The UNIX Forums forums because you have forgotten your password. If you did not request this, please ignore it. It will expire and become useless in 24 hours time. To reset your password, please visit the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zyx
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to read pdf file in UNIX environment?

Hi, I had a PDF file in Windows, I ftp'ed it to UNIX environment. Now, I couldnot read the same file in the UNIX environment. Is there any possible way to read this file? I need to give this file as input Thanks, Geetha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamgeethuj
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pdf file format generation error in Solaris 8 server

Hi experts. We have Solaris 8 server and we set as reporting server. We are facing problem that, it is not generating pdf files in a specified format. give your valuable suggestions that, what i have to check and what are the necessary step i have to do (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddulamadhu
4 Replies
fontimport(1)							       teTeX							     fontimport(1)

NAME
fontimport - import fonts into the teTeX directory structure SYNOPSIS
fontimport [-d] [-f] [-t] [-m MF-mode] path ... DESCRIPTION
fontimport imports TFM and PK font files into appropriate places in the teTeX directory tree and revises teTeX's filename database accord- ingly. Each path may be a font file or a directory, either absolute or relative to the current directory. All subdirectories of a given directory are searched for font files. Don't specify directory names that are symbolic links, however, since (at least some versions of) find(1) won't dereference them. A font's destination is determined by variables in the file texmf.cnf. By default, fontimport will issue a warning to stderr instead of overwriting an existing font file. The -f flag forces overwriting. fontimport can cope with font names conforming the 8.3-namescheme, too, so you can import fonts from either a TDS-compliant or MSDOS installation. emTeX's font libraries are not supported. If you want to import fonts from a font library, you need to unpack it with emTeX's fontlib utility first. The full pathname of each font successfully imported is echoed to stdout. When fontimport can not parse a font's name, it will import the font using a path element of "/unknown/" and issue a warning on stderr. fontimport tries to guess the mode of PK files. With the -m flag you may specify a fallback mode to be used if the mode can't be guessed. Options: -m MF-MODE default Metafont mode for PK files if autodetection fails -d delete delete font files after copying (i.e., move them) -f force overwrite existing fonts -t test just echo each font's destination (if any); don't move or copy SEE ALSO
allec(1), allneeded(1), fontexport(1), Fontname: Filenames for TeX Fonts (http://tug.org/fontname). AUTHOR
Thomas Esser (te@informatik.uni-hannover.de) teTeX 4/99 fontimport(1)