Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] How can I pull specific information from PS? Post 302890217 by ahamed101 on Tuesday 25th of February 2014 06:59:49 PM
Old 02-25-2014
Can you paste the output of the ps command?

May be something like this?
Code:
ps -eaf | awk '/_progres -b/{ gsub(/.*_progres -b.*-p/, x); print $1}'

--ahamed

Last edited by ahamed101; 02-25-2014 at 10:01 PM.. Reason: Updated code

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

cant get perl to pull information right

Hello, I cant get the perl script to pull the information from Sark DNS 4.X Options ACL Templates= and other= Can someone look at the script to see why and fix it please. FYI..Under Sark DNS 4.x ACL Templates= and other= has an indent/tab, not sure if thats the reason my the script... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
24 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pull specific data from repetitive text?

Hi all, I have a bit of a problem with a loop that extracts repetitive text. Running /bin/index executable outputs this text to terminal: testing index 'scanthread'... collected 0 docs, 0.0 MB total 0 docs, 0 bytes total 0.012 sec, 0 bytes/sec, 0.00 docs/sec testing index 'scanpost'...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TECK
6 Replies

3. HP-UX

[Solved] processor type and bit information

Hi, I'm trying to download a compatible Oracle Client software for a HP-UX machine. I'd like to know if ... 1) HP-UX is 32 bit or 64 bit? 2) Processor type - Itanium or regular? when I execute uname -a I get HP-UX B.11.11 U 9000/800 728684161 unlimited-user license Based on the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pull specific lines from long file based on formula

For people who want to pull a number of lines from a long file using a specific formula n (number of iterations in a loop) a (offset number) b (stretch factor) example with n {1..100} for (( n=1; n<101; n++ )); do awk -v n=$n 'NR==a+(b*n)' a=0 b=1 inputfile >>outputfile (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgruenwald
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

pull out rows with specific criteria

Hi, I have a file with multiple columns and for column 5 I want to extract that row into another file if it is equal to or greater than a certain value. For example: FAR 4 5 7 LOP GAT 3 3 3 POL I want values that are greater than 5 for column 4. So the final file will look like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] Pull lines older than N weeks

There is another post in the forums that is similar to what I am trying to do, however, the thread is closed. So, I am creating this new one to see if someone could help. I am trying to use the code Ahamed posted, and tweak it. With the info from the forum, I recreated the scenario the person... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karstenjhilton
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Editing the alphabet's based on position information

I do have a file of the following format file 1 >SAM ATGCTCCTTAGCTACGTAGCAAGTAGAAAAAA AGCGCGAGCATTGAAGCGGAGGAGAGGAGGA TGAGATGATGACCCAGTATAAAGAGTGATGAT like this above file. file 1 has 1000's of lines. I would like to edit this file1 using the information from file2 (see below), by... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
16 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] Unable to fetch the UNIX variable information

I am having a file called variable_info.ksh in that file I am having following global variable information like… EMAIL_PATH=/var/mail TMP_PATH=/home/tmp And we are having another temporary parameter file abcd.txt, in that file we are having the following information like… EMAIL|EMAI_PATH I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mesahammad
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Extracting information from DDL's

Dear Experts, I need your help here. I have lot of teradata DDL's as follows, i want to extract field names , field attributes and NOT NULL information from DDL.Could you please help here. Sample DDL: CREATE MULTISET TABLE APS_CALL_IN_PICKUP_CANCELED ,NO FALLBACK , NO BEFORE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth38
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pull out information from output logs

My scenario is as follows. 1. I have a reference file with the IP addresses and names $ cat ref.list 10.11.xxx.xxx AA 10.12.xxx.xxx BB 10.13.xxx.xxx CC 10.14.xxx.xxx DD 2. A script runs and gets me one of the IP addresses and puts it in a separate file, for e.g... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagesh_1985
2 Replies
PASTE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  PASTE(1)

NAME
paste -- merge corresponding or subsequent lines of files SYNOPSIS
paste [-s] [-d list] file ... DESCRIPTION
The paste utility concatenates the corresponding lines of the given input files, replacing all but the last file's newline characters with a single tab character, and writes the resulting lines to standard output. If end-of-file is reached on an input file while other input files still contain data, the file is treated as if it were an endless source of empty lines. The options are as follows: -d list Use one or more of the provided characters to replace the newline characters instead of the default tab. The characters in list are used circularly, i.e., when list is exhausted the first character from list is reused. This continues until a line from the last input file (in default operation) or the last line in each file (using the -s option) is displayed, at which time paste begins selecting characters from the beginning of list again. The following special characters can also be used in list: newline character tab character \ backslash character Empty string (not a null character). Any other character preceded by a backslash is equivalent to the character itself. -s Concatenate all of the lines of each separate input file in command line order. The newline character of every line except the last line in each input file is replaced with the tab character, unless otherwise specified by the -d option. If '-' is specified for one or more of the input files, the standard input is used; standard input is read one line at a time, circularly, for each instance of '-'. EXIT STATUS
The paste utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
List the files in the current directory in three columns: ls | paste - - - Combine pairs of lines from a file into single lines: paste -s -d ' ' myfile Number the lines in a file, similar to nl(1): sed = myfile | paste -s -d ' ' - - Create a colon-separated list of directories named bin, suitable for use in the PATH environment variable: find / -name bin -type d | paste -s -d : - SEE ALSO
cut(1), lam(1) STANDARDS
The paste utility is expected to be IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2'') compatible. HISTORY
A paste command appeared in Version 32V AT&T UNIX. BSD
June 25, 2004 BSD