Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Delete selected lines
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete selected lines Post 302889614 by r_t_1601 on Saturday 22nd of February 2014 05:34:28 AM
Old 02-22-2014
Sorry for confusion.

I want to delete all the lines that are selected by the two awk statements i have written. for example Source file
Code:
CREATE L2 SUPP PLAN,2,3,4,5,6,7
CREATE L2 SUPP PLAN,2,3,4,,6,7
CREATE L2 SUPP PLAN,2,5,6,,8,9
UPDATE PLAN ADD RATE SCHEDULE,a,b,,d,e,f
UPDATE PLAN ADD RATE SCHEDULE,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
UPDATE PLAN ADD RATE SCHEDULE,1,2,3,4,5,8,9,9

i want to delete

Code:
CREATE L2 SUPP PLAN,2,3,4,,6,7
CREATE L2 SUPP PLAN,2,5,6,,8,9
UPDATE PLAN ADD RATE SCHEDULE,a,b,,d,e,f

Last edited by Don Cragun; 02-22-2014 at 06:41 AM.. Reason: Replace HTML tags with CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

print selected lines

Hi everybody: I try to print in new file selected lines from another file wich depends on the first column. I have done a script like this: lines=( "1" "2" "3" "4" "5" "6" "7" "8" "9" "10" "11" "21" "31" "41" "51" "55" "57" "58" ) ${lines} for lines in ${lines} do awk -v ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonet
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process selected lines

I have an if statement where I state that if there are more than one records (lines) found containing a string in a file, then it enters into a while loop to use each line for as many lines as there are and then stop. Trouble is, I can't figure out how to move to the next instance of each line. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: derekphl
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

trying to print selected fields of selected lines by AWK

I am trying to print 1st, 2nd, 13th and 14th fields of a file of line numbers from 29 to 10029. I dont know how to put this in one code. Currently I am removing the selected lines by awk 'NR==29,NR==10029' File1 > File2 and then doing awk '{print $1, $2, $13, $14}' File2 > File3 Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananyob
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete selected string from a file?

awk '!(/^$/||/--/||/selected/||/^ *$/){print "A." $1 " <> B." $1 " or"}' infile my AWK out put is : A.KZ <> B.KZ or A.KZT <> B.KZT or A.KZ_Z <> B.KZ_Z or A.LH <> B.LH or A.MAN<> B.MAN or A.OBJEKT <> B.OBJECT or A.PAK <> B.PAK ; is there any way to controle AWK to not print the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kanakaraju
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete a line between selected lines using sed or any other command

I want to delete a line between selected lines using sed: e.g. : Between "bus" to "pins", delete lines conaining "signal" word. Input : bus direction signal new signal old pins signal ok end Desired Output: bus direction pins signal end (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehashine
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete the lines if it matchs a selected string

HI, I need one help to generate the file based on few condition, I need to print only those line which has N and delete the line which as all Y's. ANd I need to compare only the fields which are marked as Y and N . And one more thing is in the below file 1 and file 2 and file2 abc, dbc can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rashmisb
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding least out of selected lines

Hello, I have a file, which looks like: I want to print the row containg "PRO" in second column after comparing and finding the minimum value of fifth column present in all "PRO". and likewise for every other string present in second column. I am using : filename=list... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CAch
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to delete selected line from file

Ultimate goal is to delete lines from before and after a block of lines in a given file. First attempt was something like this: sed -e '1,/STARTUP/ d' inputfile.txt > outputfile.txt but that deleted everything down to and including the line with STARTUP. I need to delete everything before... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selected matching lines

two files: one with the line number only, and the 2nd one with line number and content, as following: line_file.txt 1 3 5 9 23 30 content_file.txt 1|we are the world|good|great 2|easily do this by highlighting you|easily do this by highlighting you|easily do this by highlighting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtdt
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting selected lines in a file

Hi Guys , I have two files say a1 and a2 having following contents a1 dag wfd a2 dag wfd chire hcm I want to delete only the lines in a2 which are in a1 and final output of a2 should be a2 chire hcm (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradeep_1990
6 Replies
EXPLAIN(7)							   SQL Commands 							EXPLAIN(7)

NAME
EXPLAIN - show the execution plan of a statement SYNOPSIS
EXPLAIN [ ANALYZE ] [ VERBOSE ] statement DESCRIPTION
This command displays the execution plan that the PostgreSQL planner generates for the supplied statement. The execution plan shows how the table(s) referenced by the statement will be scanned -- by plain sequential scan, index scan, etc. -- and if multiple tables are refer- enced, what join algorithms will be used to bring together the required rows from each input table. The most critical part of the display is the estimated statement execution cost, which is the planner's guess at how long it will take to run the statement (measured in units of disk page fetches). Actually two numbers are shown: the start-up time before the first row can be returned, and the total time to return all the rows. For most queries the total time is what matters, but in contexts such as a subquery in EXISTS, the planner will choose the smallest start-up time instead of the smallest total time (since the executor will stop after getting one row, anyway). Also, if you limit the number of rows to return with a LIMIT clause, the planner makes an appropriate interpolation between the endpoint costs to estimate which plan is really the cheapest. The ANALYZE option causes the statement to be actually executed, not only planned. The total elapsed time expended within each plan node (in milliseconds) and total number of rows it actually returned are added to the display. This is useful for seeing whether the planner's estimates are close to reality. Important: Keep in mind that the statement is actually executed when the ANALYZE option is used. Although EXPLAIN will discard any output that a SELECT would return, other side effects of the statement will happen as usual. If you wish to use EXPLAIN ANALYZE on an INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE TABLE AS, or EXECUTE statement without letting the command affect your data, use this approach: BEGIN; EXPLAIN ANALYZE ...; ROLLBACK; PARAMETERS
ANALYZE Carry out the command and show the actual run times. VERBOSE Include the output column list for each node in the plan tree. statement Any SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, VALUES, EXECUTE, DECLARE, or CREATE TABLE AS statement, whose execution plan you wish to see. NOTES
There is only sparse documentation on the optimizer's use of cost information in PostgreSQL. Refer to in the documentation for more infor- mation. In order to allow the PostgreSQL query planner to make reasonably informed decisions when optimizing queries, the ANALYZE [analyze(7)] statement should be run to record statistics about the distribution of data within the table. If you have not done this (or if the statis- tical distribution of the data in the table has changed significantly since the last time ANALYZE was run), the estimated costs are unlikely to conform to the real properties of the query, and consequently an inferior query plan might be chosen. Genetic query optimization (GEQO) randomly tests execution plans. Therefore, when the number of join relations exceeds geqo_threshold caus- ing genetic query optimization to be used, the execution plan is likely to change each time the statement is executed. In order to measure the run-time cost of each node in the execution plan, the current implementation of EXPLAIN ANALYZE can add consider- able profiling overhead to query execution. As a result, running EXPLAIN ANALYZE on a query can sometimes take significantly longer than executing the query normally. The amount of overhead depends on the nature of the query. EXAMPLES
To show the plan for a simple query on a table with a single integer column and 10000 rows: EXPLAIN SELECT * FROM foo; QUERY PLAN --------------------------------------------------------- Seq Scan on foo (cost=0.00..155.00 rows=10000 width=4) (1 row) If there is an index and we use a query with an indexable WHERE condition, EXPLAIN might show a different plan: EXPLAIN SELECT * FROM foo WHERE i = 4; QUERY PLAN -------------------------------------------------------------- Index Scan using fi on foo (cost=0.00..5.98 rows=1 width=4) Index Cond: (i = 4) (2 rows) Here is an example of a query plan for a query using an aggregate function: EXPLAIN SELECT sum(i) FROM foo WHERE i < 10; QUERY PLAN --------------------------------------------------------------------- Aggregate (cost=23.93..23.93 rows=1 width=4) -> Index Scan using fi on foo (cost=0.00..23.92 rows=6 width=4) Index Cond: (i < 10) (3 rows) Here is an example of using EXPLAIN EXECUTE to display the execution plan for a prepared query: PREPARE query(int, int) AS SELECT sum(bar) FROM test WHERE id > $1 AND id < $2 GROUP BY foo; EXPLAIN ANALYZE EXECUTE query(100, 200); QUERY PLAN ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- HashAggregate (cost=39.53..39.53 rows=1 width=8) (actual time=0.661..0.672 rows=7 loops=1) -> Index Scan using test_pkey on test (cost=0.00..32.97 rows=1311 width=8) (actual time=0.050..0.395 rows=99 loops=1) Index Cond: ((id > $1) AND (id < $2)) Total runtime: 0.851 ms (4 rows) Of course, the specific numbers shown here depend on the actual contents of the tables involved. Also note that the numbers, and even the selected query strategy, might vary between PostgreSQL releases due to planner improvements. In addition, the ANALYZE command uses random sampling to estimate data statistics; therefore, it is possible for cost estimates to change after a fresh run of ANALYZE, even if the actual distribution of data in the table has not changed. COMPATIBILITY
There is no EXPLAIN statement defined in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
ANALYZE [analyze(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 EXPLAIN(7)