Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Loading text file into table
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Loading text file into table Post 302889580 by RudiC on Friday 21st of February 2014 04:19:02 PM
Old 02-21-2014
As you didn't specify the separator "," for awk, the entire line will be $1, and this and the (empty) residual fields are concatenated together with the literal "," in between to be then printed out..
As Don Cragun pointed out, you should make very sure your input file adheres to one single defined structure (which your sample does not). You also could try to make your sample data consistent between posts.
And, you need to decide to use either a shell loop or an awk loop.
You also should consider to add a command running some sql code to connect to the DB unless you want to run your result script manually from within sql.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to read data from text file and to load it into a table in TOAD

Hi....can you guys help me out in this script?? Below is a portion text file and it contains these: GEF001 000093625 MKL002510 000001 000000 000000 000000 000000 000000 000001 GEF001 000093625 MKL003604 000001 000000 000000 000000 000000 000000 000001 GEF001 000093625 MKL005675 000001... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pallavishetty
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

load a data from text file into a oracle table

Hi all, I have a data like, 0,R001,2,D this wants to be loaded into a oracle database table. Pl let me know how this has to be done. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raji35
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shellscript.query Oracle table..populate in a text file

Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum as well as to UNIX shell scripting. I'm looking for a shellscript to query an Oracle database table and populate the result set of the query in a text file. Could you someone help me out with a sample code? Thanks, Bhagat (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagat.singh-j
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can I bcp out a table into a text file including the header row in the text file

Hi All, I need to BCP out a table into a text file along with the table headers. Normal BCP out command only bulk copies the data, and not the headers. I am using the following command: bcp database1..table1 out file1.dat -c -t\| -b1000 -A8192 -Uuser -Ppassword -efile.dat.err Regards,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shilpa_acc
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

loading the data to the partitioned table using procedure

Hi one help, I need one procedure to load data from flat file to table. Table name as input parameter for the procedure. can anyone help me Thanks, Raj, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: easterraj
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to convert text file to html table using perl

Hi, I have a text file say file1 having data like ABC c:/hm/new1 Dir DEF d:/ner/d sd ...... So i want to make a table from this text file, is it possible to do it using perl. Thanks in advance Sarbjit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
1 Replies

7. Web Development

INSERT data to a Database Table from a text file

If you have a text file and if you want to Insert data to your Database Table, You can do it with these queries LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE '/path/yourTextFile.txt' INTO TABLE yourTableName FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"' ESCAPED BY '\\' LINES TERMINATED BY '\n' (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sitex
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in script - Getting table name from a text file

hhhhhhhhhh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sams
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell script that inserts a text data file into an HTML table

hi , i need to create a bash shell script that insert a text data file into an html made table, this table output has to mailed.I am new to shell scripting and have a very minimum idea of shell scripting. please help. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: intern123
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make a table from a text file

Hi, I have a pipe separated text file. Can some someone tell me how to convert it to a table? Text File contents. |Activities|Status1|Status2|Status3| ||NA|$io_running2|$io_running3| |Replication Status|NA|$running2|$running3| ||NA|$master2|$master3|... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocky88
1 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)