Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Tool for checking syntactic and semantic mistakes Post 302886427 by achenle on Friday 31st of January 2014 11:35:45 AM
Old 01-31-2014
Syntax errors? Netbeans or Eclipse should do that. Worst case the compiler will catch syntax errors.

Semantic errors? They don't exist. There's no automated tool that can divine what you meant when you wrote your code. And if you need automated help to catch semantic mistakes, you're going to have a tough time making a living writing not just C code but any code.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

syntax and semantic check

Does the shell perform a syntax and semantic check before commands are sent to the kernel? Ravioli (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravioli
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Regular expression for finding OCR mistakes.

I have a large file of plain text, created using some OCR software. Some words have inevitably been got wrong. I've been trying to create grep or sed, etc., regular expressions to find them - but haven't quite managed to get it right. Here's what I'm trying to achieve: Output all lines which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gencon
2 Replies

3. Programming

Need hep with my semantic error

while(EOF != (c = fgetc(filePtr))) { if ((c == ' ') || (c == '\n') || (c == '\0')) { if (c == '\0') { continue; } printf("%s",cc); printf("%c\n"); memset(cc, 0, sizeof cc); } else { cc=c; i++; } (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
5 Replies
isinf(3M)						  Mathematical Library Functions						 isinf(3M)

NAME
isinf - test for infinity SYNOPSIS
#include <math.h> int isinf(real-floating x); DESCRIPTION
The isinf() macro determines whether its argument value is an infinity (positive or negative). First, an argument represented in a format wider than its semantic type is converted to its semantic type. Then determination is based on the type of the argument. RETURN VALUES
The isinf() macro returns a non-zero value if and only if its argument has an infinite value. ERRORS
No errors are defined. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fpclassify(3M), isfinite(3M), isnan(3M), isnormal(3M), math.h(3HEAD), signbit(3M), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 1 Nov 2003 isinf(3M)