Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script help to execute ssh remote commands Post 302886389 by rbatte1 on Friday 31st of January 2014 06:21:19 AM
Old 01-31-2014
From the manual pages on RHEL 6.3 (you don't say what you have, so yours may be different:-
Quote:
-q Quiet mode. Causes most warning and diagnostic messages to be suppressed.
Might you be suppressing your output?

Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to execute shell commands in awk script?

Greetings Friends, Suppose I wish to invoke some shell level commands inside an awk script how to do that? say I wish to use : "wc" on a record to count number of characters in a record Any clues? Thanks, Rishi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RishiPahuja
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can BASH execute commands on a remote server when the commands are embedded in shell

I want to log into a remote server transfer over a new config and then backup the existing config, replace with the new config. I am not sure if I can do this with BASH scripting. I have set up password less login by adding my public key to authorized_keys file, it works. I am a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh commands through bash script

Hi all! I am trying to write a script that will check if a certain directory is available at several different nodes and then do stuff in it ..... On the beginning of the script I give as a variable the directory and the number of the nodes and then I loop like this: for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: idet2
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to stay in remote shell after executing commands in ssh?

the ssh calling convention: ssh <server> If I put commands in the section, ssh will execute them immediately after logging in and return to local shell. I want to stay in the remote shell after executing these commands. How can I achieve this? Thanks for all. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hplonlien
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using ssh to execute a remote script in the background

Help please!! I want to use ssh to execute a remote exe and while it's running I want to query for the process ID of the exe (2 different ssh commands) 1. sshpass -p "<passwd>" ssh -f -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no root@<ipaddress> nohup /tmp/mmds_asyn & 2.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvompoluTMW
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to execute a command remote servers using ssh

Hello, I am running into few issues, please suggest me what I am missing. I am running this script on a linux host. Main idea of this script is to, login to each host via ssh and get uid of user, service user that I trying to run this script, has already deployed ssh keys and provide sudo... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute shell script on remote machine

I want to execute a shell script(set of commands) on remote machine and that script takes input from text file(local machine). Please refer below: ssh user@hostname 'bash -s'< ./test.sh file.txt But i got the error file.txt doesn't exist. Can anyone help me on this. Content of test.sh: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishtri88
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute application commands with shell script?

Hi Friends, We have a application "getstatus" which needs to run on application prompt. But it is not working with shell script. Example: Unix Root Prompt# execute "crp" to go to application prompt CRP>getstatus displays output of app health CRP>exit Unix Root Prompt# Script , which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute commands on remote server using expect script?

I need to copy python script file to around 100 servers using expect script. 1. Copy script to my user home first(/home/myhome) on each remote server 2. change permissions on copied file to 766. 3. sudo to appuser1 account on remote server. copy script file from my user home to /usr/bin/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to execute setDomainEnv.sh in wblogic via ssh on remote server in shell script?

How to execute setDomainEnv.sh in wblogic via ssh on remote server in shell script we execute setDomainEnv.sh manually as . ./setDomainEnv.sh from its location ie /opt/SP/users/domian/bin" My approach is not working. Please advise. #!/bin/bash set -x base="/opt/SP/users/d1/bin"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhaydas
5 Replies
sh(1)							      General Commands Manual							     sh(1)

NAME
sh - overview of various system shells SYNOPSIS
POSIX Shell option] ... string] [arg ...] option] ... string] [arg ...] Korn Shell option] ... string] [arg ...] option] ... string] [arg ...] C Shell [command_file] [argument_list ...] Key Shell DESCRIPTION
Remarks The POSIX .2 standard requires that, on a POSIX-compliant system, executing the command activates the POSIX shell (located in file on HP-UX systems), and executing the command produces an on-line manual entry that displays the syntax of the POSIX shell command-line. However, the command has historically been associated with the conventional Bourne shell, which could confuse some users. To meet stan- dards requirements and also clarify the relationships of the various shells and where they reside on the system, this entry provides com- mand-line syntax and a brief description of each shell, and lists the names of the manual entries where each shell is described in greater detail. The Bourne shell is removed from the system starting with HP-UX 11i Version 1.5. Please use the POSIX shell as an alternative. Shell Descriptions The HP-UX operating system supports the following shells: POSIX-conforming command programming language and command interpreter residing in file Can execute commands read from a terminal or a file. This shell conforms to current POSIX standards in effect at the time the HP-UX system release was introduced, and is similar to the Korn shell in many respects. Similar in many respects to the Korn shell, the POSIX shell contains a history mechanism, supports job control, and provides various other useful features. Korn-shell command programming language and commands interpreter residing in file Can execute commands read from a terminal or a file. This shell, like the POSIX shell, contains a his- tory mechanism, supports job control, and provides various other useful features. A command language interpreter that incorporates a command history buffer, C-language-like syntax, and job control facilities. Restricted version of the POSIX shell command interpreter. Sets up a login name and execution environment whose capabilities are more controlled (restricted) than normal user shells. restricted version of the Korn-shell command interpreter Sets up a login name and execution environment whose capabilities are more controlled (restricted) than normal user shells. An extension of the standard Korn Shell that uses hierarchical softkey menus and context-sensitive help. +--------------+--------------------+ | To obtain: | Use the command: | +--------------+--------------------+ | POSIX Shell | /usr/bin/sh ... | | Korn Shell | /usr/bin/ksh ... | | C Shell | /usr/bin/csh ... | | Key Shell | /usr/bin/keysh | +--------------+--------------------+ These shells can also be the default invocation, depending on the entry in the file. See also chsh(1). WARNINGS
Many manual entries contain descriptions of shell behavior or describe program or application behavior similar to ``the shell'' with a ref- erence to ``see sh(1)''. SEE ALSO
For more information on the various individual shells, see: keysh(1) Key Shell description. ksh(1) Korn Shell description. sh-posix(1) POSIX Shell description. csh(1) C Shell description. sh(1)