10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers
How to execute setDomainEnv.sh in wblogic via ssh on remote server in shell script
we execute setDomainEnv.sh manually as . ./setDomainEnv.sh from its location ie /opt/SP/users/domian/bin"
My approach is not working.
base="/opt/SP/users/d1/bin"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhaydas
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
I need to copy python script file to around 100 servers using expect script.
1. Copy script to my user home first(/home/myhome) on each remote server
2. change permissions on copied file to 766.
3. sudo to appuser1 account on remote server. copy script file from my user home to /usr/bin/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
3. Shell Programming and Scripting
We have a application "getstatus" which needs to run on application prompt.
But it is not working with shell script.
Unix Root Prompt#
execute "crp" to go to application prompt
displays output of app health
Unix Root Prompt#
Script , which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
I want to execute a shell script(set of commands) on remote machine and that script takes input from text file(local machine). Please refer below:
ssh user@hostname 'bash -s'< ./test.sh file.txt
But i got the error file.txt doesn't exist.
Can anyone help me on this.
Content of test.sh:
... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishtri88
5. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am running into few issues, please suggest me what I am missing.
I am running this script on a linux host.
Main idea of this script is to, login to each host via ssh and get uid of user, service user that I trying to run this script, has already deployed ssh keys and provide sudo... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
6. Shell Programming and Scripting
I want to use ssh to execute a remote exe and while it's running I want to query for the process ID of the exe (2 different ssh commands)
1. sshpass -p "<passwd>" ssh -f -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no root@<ipaddress> nohup /tmp/mmds_asyn &
2.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvompoluTMW
7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
the ssh calling convention:
If I put commands in the section, ssh will execute them immediately after logging in and return to local shell. I want to stay in the remote shell after executing these commands. How can I achieve this?
Thanks for all. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hplonlien
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
I am trying to write a script that will check if a certain directory is available at several different nodes and then do stuff in it .....
On the beginning of the script I give as a variable the directory and the number of the nodes and then I loop like this:
for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: idet2
9. Shell Programming and Scripting
I want to log into a remote server transfer over a new config and then backup the existing config, replace with the new config.
I am not sure if I can do this with BASH scripting.
I have set up password less login by adding my public key to authorized_keys file, it works.
I am a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
10. Shell Programming and Scripting
Suppose I wish to invoke some shell level commands inside an awk script how to do that?
say I wish to use : "wc" on a record to count number of characters in a record
Rishi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RishiPahuja