Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Accessible Site...Without a Domain Post 302886127 by alister on Wednesday 29th of January 2014 06:45:40 PM
Old 01-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Cyberia
Just a random question, is it possible to have a publically accessible website without a domain name attached to it?
Absolutely.

Regards,
Alister

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

port access to site to site VPN

Setup a site to site VPN between two cisco routers. One of the site locations is unable to access ports such as https://example.com:9001 How do I let them go into port 9001? They can ssh, ftp, telnet and everything else. Is this a VPN issue or ACL access issue? I put permit ip host... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
0 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to: Linux BOX in Windows Domain (w/out joining the domain)

Dear Expert, i have linux box that is running in the windows domain, BUT did not being a member of the domain. as I am not the System Administrator so I have no control on the server in the network, such as modify dns entry , add the linux box in AD and domain record and so on that relevant. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
2 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

SF4800 SC not accessible thru network

Hi All, I have my SC setup as attached below but I am having problem accessing the port thru network. sc0 was accessible only after i failed over the configuratios to sc1 (now then sc1 was not pingable :(). Just wondering is there anything wrong with my sc settings? Appreciate your advice. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: honmin
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NameServer not accessible

Hi everybody I am facing a little problem with names servers. I have a VPS with Kloxo installed on it I have registered 2 name servers (i.e. ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com) past one month. These nameservers are not accessible yet. I have check the nameserver on internic site and they are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rizwan65
3 Replies

5. Linux

graphical environmental of CentOS is not accessible

Hello everyone, I am using centOS 5.4. and in the Graphical environment when i executed command system-config-kickstart , at the same time i lost my graphical environment now i am not able to access it, but i can access my system by CLI mode....kindly suggest me that how can i repare my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karan chauhan
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Testing NAS /mountpoint accessible

Hello. What's the best way to ensure that a NFS filesystem mounted from a disk-cabine (NAS) is accessible? My proposal: 1. ping to the ip of the cabine 2. verify filesystem is mounted 3. touch a file inside the /mountpoint Any other suggestions? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asanchez
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

How to establish site to site vpn - Linux machine and cisco asa?

Hi, I am trying to establish vpn between my linux server and cisco asa at client side. I installed openswan on my cent os. Linux Server eth0 - 182.2.29.10 Gateway - 182.2.29.1 eth1 - 192.9.200.75 I have simple IPtables Like WAN="eth0" LAN="eth1" (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

Does cisco 1921 router support site to site VPNs using IPSec?

Q: "Does Cisco 1921 router support,, act as an endpoint for, site to site VPNs using IPSec? If so, how many? " A: If you get the Cisco 1921/k9 with the security services bundle then it will have built in security features. Cisco, typically includes IP Sec tunnels I believe as part of that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaerlee
0 Replies

9. IP Networking

IPSec Openswan Site to Site VPN - Big Pain

Hi @all, I try to connect 2 LANs with IPSec/Openswan LAN 1: 192.168.0.0/24 LAN 2: 192.168.1.0/24 This is my Config: conn HomeVPN # # Left security gateway, subnet behind it, nexthop toward right. left=192.168.1.29 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bahnhasser83
1 Replies
asadmin-start-domain(1AS)					   User Commands					 asadmin-start-domain(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-start-domain, start-domain - starts the given domain SYNOPSIS
start-domain [--domaindir install_dir/domains] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--verbose=false] [--debug] [domain_name] start-domain starts the specified domain. If there is only one domain in the default domain directory (install_dir/domains), then no oper- and is required to start the domain. However, if there is more than one domain, the domain operand must be specified. This command can only be run locally. OPTIONS
--domaindir directory where the domain is to be started. If specified, path must be accessible in the filesystem. If not speci- fied, the domain is started in the default install_dir/domains directory. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --verbose by default this flag is set to false. If set to true, detailed server startup output is displayed. Press CTRL-C to kill the server. Press CTRL- to print a thread dump. --debug by default this flag is set to false. If set to true, the server is started in debug mode and prints the JPDA port on the console. OPERANDS
domain_name name of the domain. Must be a unique name. Example 1: Using start-domain asadmin> start-domain sampleDomain Starting Domain sampleDomain, please wait. Domain sampleDomain started Where: the sampleDomain domain is started. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-domain(1AS), asadmin-delete-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS), asadmin-list-domains(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-start-domain(1AS)