Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Use stty columns 140 in .profile on ksh Post 302885968 by wisecracker on Wednesday 29th of January 2014 07:32:11 AM
Old 01-29-2014
You could try using terminal extensions:-
Code:
printf "\033[8;24;140t"

Where 24 = rows,
and...
140 = columns.
This even works on CygWin... <shock>

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh and .profile

hi, I have the following in my .profile file: 21 set -u 22 trap "echo 'logout'" 0 23 24 25 EDITOR=vi 26 export EDITOR 27 28 export ENV=x.tm And x.tm just contains echo hello world I am in the c shell.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH printf: columns and colors

Ih all, I need to make a ksh script with colors, it is possible with printf to combine column and colors ? i seem not working, I think i dont doing the good thing: printf -n "%-15s %-20s %-20s\n" "\033 the position is ok Name______Age________Site ----________---_________---- Bob... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfhurt
2 Replies

3. Programming

How to set stty row and columns of the terminal through C program

Hi, I'm have a big problem with one of the C programs that I'm developping. actually, I'm trying to monitor the users' session in solaris. therefore, I have used the source code of the unix "script" command. but the problem is that, when i run that program, the stty settings are lost: speed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saad26
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.profile on ksh

Hello, I've a problem with .profile on ksh. I use exceed to connect as a user to my server. When I'm connected, my PS1 variable is $, but on my .profile it is defined like PS1="`/usr/ucb/whoami`@$HOSTNAME# " ... export ENV PAGER HOSTNAME PAGER PATH PS1 MAIL Now... all my alias on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
1 Replies

5. AIX

"ksh -" as login shell bypassing .profile

Hi all, I am currently trying to tell /bin/ksh to behave like a login shell. I am invoking it from an interactive shell. In the documentation is stated, that calling it with exec ksh - it should behave like a login shell, work 1st on /etc/profile, ~/.profile and so on. I tried that with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaxxon
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update ksh .profile to launch bash

Hi I don't have chsh option. I want to launch bash instead of ksh ( or launch bash from ksh .profile) how can I do this ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

STTY Columns Setting Environment Variable?

I am wondering about the following: stty columns 140 I have found that a number of times I need to set my display columns to a high number (such as 140) but I have to do this every time I login to use putty/ssh. Can we set this with an environmental variable so that it is permanent? Also... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

"ksh: XYZ: parameter not set" in .profile

Hi, A very basic query. I am working on two different UNIX servers and I see different behaviours for my user id. This has to be a setting in the .profile, but I can't seem to find where :confused: So, in one server if I type echo $XYZDD (a random variable), I get a blank line with no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ALDonP
2 Replies
RNGTEST(1)						      General Commands Manual							RNGTEST(1)

NAME
rngtest - Check the randomness of data using FIPS 140-2 tests SYNOPSIS
rngtest [-c n | --blockcount=n] [-b n | --blockstats=n] [-t n | --timedstats=n] [-p | --pipe] [-?] [--help] [-V] [--version] DESCRIPTION
rngtest works on blocks of 20000 bits at a time, using the FIPS 140-2 (errata of 2001-10-10) tests to verify the randomness of the block of data. It takes input from stdin, and outputs statistics to stderr, optionally echoing blocks that passed the FIPS tests to stdout (when operating in pipe mode). Errors are sent to stderr. At startup, rngtest will throw away the first 32 bits of data when operating in pipe mode. It will use the next 32 bits of data to boot- strap the FIPS tests (even when not operating in pipe mode). These bits are not tested for randomness. Statistics are dumped to stderr when the program exits. OPTIONS
-p, --pipe Enable pipe mode. All data blocks that pass the FIPS tests are echoed to stdout, and rngtest operates in silent mode. -c n, --blockcount=n (default: 0) Exit after processing n input blocks, if n is not zero. -b n, --blockstats=n (default: 0) Dump statistics every n blocks, if n is not zero. -t n, --timedstats=n (default: 0) Dump statistics every n secods, if n is not zero. -?, --help Give a short summary of all program options. -V, --version Print program version STATISTICS
rngtest will dump statistics to stderr when it exits, and when told to by blockstats or timedstats. FIPS 140-2 successes and FIPS 140-2 failures counts the number of 20000-bit blocks either accepted or rejected by the FIPS 140-2 tests. The other statistics show a breakdown of the FIPS 140-2 failures by FIPS 140-2 test. See the FIPS 140-2 document for more information (note that these tests are defined on FIPS 140-1 and FIPS 140-2 errata of 2001-10-10. They were removed in FIPS 140-2 errata of 2002-12-03). The speed statistics are taken for every 20000-bit block trasferred or processed. EXIT STATUS
0 if no errors happen, and no blocks fail the FIPS tests. 1 if no errors happen, but at least one block fails the FIPS tests. 10 if there are problems with the parameters. 11 if an input/output error happens. 12 if an operating system or resource starvation error happens. SEE ALSO
random(4), rngd(8) FIPS PUB 140-2 Security Requirements for Cryptographic Modules, NIST, http://csrc.nist.gov/cryptval/140-2.htm AUTHORS
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> rng-tools 2-unofficial-mt.14 March 2004 RNGTEST(1)