Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Use of awk to filter out the command output Post 302885781 by CarloM on Tuesday 28th of January 2014 10:56:42 AM
Old 01-28-2014
Code:
/[[:digit:]]+ logical processors/

should match for one or more leading digits. If that doesn't work it may be your awk doesn't support +, in which case try
Code:
/[[:digit:]][[:digit:]]* logical processors/

But if you want both lines you can just match
Code:
/logical processors/

The per socket part was so it would get just the last one.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

space in output from awk command

Hi I have tried this command cat /etc/passwd | awk -F: '{print$5}' note that the $5 is the column that displays full name- i.e. Kevin Kambell To the point, my output is fine except one thing I do not understand that some of output lines have space in front of them which I checked in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalelle
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format Output with AWK command

Hi - I have a file with contents as below. 12.1 a.txt 12.1 b.txt 12.1 c.txt 13.2 a.txt 13.2 d.txt 14.3 f.txt 15.4 a.txt 15.4 b.txt 15.4 z.txt I need to print the contents like this. 12.1 a.txt <&nbsp><&nbsp><&nbsp>b.txt <&nbsp><&nbsp><&nbsp>c.txt (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruparan18
7 Replies

3. IP Networking

Filter wireshark output

Hi I have a wireshark file saved (from my network) and I have to analyze the flows inside it. The problem is that i have to analyze not the complete file (60.000 pkts!) but just a subset of it. In other words i have to sample the wireshark.file.dump and for example from 60.000 pkts take... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
2 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

getting wrong output with AWK command!!!

i have a file which gets appended with 9 records daily and the file keeps growing from then...i use to store the previous day files count in a variable called oldfilecount and current files count as newfilecount.my requirement is that i need to start processing only the new records from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh_248
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format output in AWK command

hi Friends , I have a file as below s.txt 1~2~~4 2~6~~7 3~8~~9 t.txt 1~2~~4 2~5~8~7 3~8~~7 header for both files is common (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How the filter output?

Hey, I'm using some sensors that can be read by http. If I run following command: curl -v 'http://192.168.111.23:8080/sensor/52f5c63cc4221fbbedcb499908a0a823?version=1.0&interval=minute&unit=watt&callback=realtime' I'm getting: I would like to put this now in a sheet with only the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: brononius
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of awk/sed to filter out fdisk output

Hi , I am trying to filter out the below output of fdisk -l command : fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 42.9 GB, 42949672960 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 5221 cylinders Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System /dev/sda1 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter output in curl

Hello guys, I'm writing a little script which sends me sms with my shell script via api of a sms provider. problem is I can't filter my curl output for this site: site url:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: genius90
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep output to awk command

Hi Team(Solaris 5.8/Ksh), How can we save grep output to awk variable when grep returns more than one line or word. abc.log # more abc.log Hi Makarand How r u bye Makarand Hello when grep returns only 1 word below command works nawk -v var=`cat abc.log |grep "Hello"` 'BEGIN { if... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Makarand Dodmis
6 Replies

10. Solaris

No output from awk command

Hi all, In my SunOS 5.10, the command awk using BEGIN option doesn't print output variables like expected here is my test: with the following code everything is alright ps -eo pcpu,args | grep "httpd" | awk ' { print $1 } ' the result is 0.1 However, with this command ps -eo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elmassimo
3 Replies
SHTOOL-PATH.TMP(1)					      GNU Portable Shell Tool						SHTOOL-PATH.TMP(1)

NAME
shtool-path - GNU shtool command dealing with shell path variables SYNOPSIS
shtool path [-s|--suppress] [-r|--reverse] [-d|--dirname] [-b|--basename] [-m|--magic] [-p|--path path] str [str ...] DESCRIPTION
This command deals with shell $PATH variables. It can find a program through one or more filenames given by one or more str arguments. It prints the absolute filesystem path to the program displayed on "stdout" plus an exit code of 0 if it was really found. OPTIONS
The following command line options are available. -s, --suppress Supress output. Useful to only test whether a program exists with the help of the return code. -r, --reverse Transform a forward path to a subdirectory into a reverse path. -d, --dirname Output the directory name of str. -b, --basename Output the base name of str. -m, --magic Enable advanced magic search for ""perl"" and ""cpp"". -p, --path path Search in path. Default is to search in $PATH. EXAMPLE
# shell script awk=`shtool path -p "${PATH}:." gawk nawk awk` perl=`shtool path -m perl` cpp=`shtool path -m cpp` revpath=`shtool path -r path/to/subdir` HISTORY
The GNU shtool path command was originally written by Ralf S. Engelschall <rse@engelschall.com> in 1998 for Apache. It was later taken over into GNU shtool. SEE ALSO
shtool(1), which(1). 18-Jul-2008 shtool 2.0.8 SHTOOL-PATH.TMP(1)