Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Use of awk to filter out the command output Post 302885738 by CarloM on Tuesday 28th of January 2014 07:29:25 AM
Old 01-28-2014
Code:
print_manifest | awk '/core/ {print $1}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

space in output from awk command

Hi I have tried this command cat /etc/passwd | awk -F: '{print$5}' note that the $5 is the column that displays full name- i.e. Kevin Kambell To the point, my output is fine except one thing I do not understand that some of output lines have space in front of them which I checked in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalelle
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format Output with AWK command

Hi - I have a file with contents as below. 12.1 a.txt 12.1 b.txt 12.1 c.txt 13.2 a.txt 13.2 d.txt 14.3 f.txt 15.4 a.txt 15.4 b.txt 15.4 z.txt I need to print the contents like this. 12.1 a.txt <&nbsp><&nbsp><&nbsp>b.txt <&nbsp><&nbsp><&nbsp>c.txt (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruparan18
7 Replies

3. IP Networking

Filter wireshark output

Hi I have a wireshark file saved (from my network) and I have to analyze the flows inside it. The problem is that i have to analyze not the complete file (60.000 pkts!) but just a subset of it. In other words i have to sample the wireshark.file.dump and for example from 60.000 pkts take... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
2 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

getting wrong output with AWK command!!!

i have a file which gets appended with 9 records daily and the file keeps growing from then...i use to store the previous day files count in a variable called oldfilecount and current files count as newfilecount.my requirement is that i need to start processing only the new records from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh_248
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format output in AWK command

hi Friends , I have a file as below s.txt 1~2~~4 2~6~~7 3~8~~9 t.txt 1~2~~4 2~5~8~7 3~8~~7 header for both files is common (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How the filter output?

Hey, I'm using some sensors that can be read by http. If I run following command: curl -v 'http://192.168.111.23:8080/sensor/52f5c63cc4221fbbedcb499908a0a823?version=1.0&interval=minute&unit=watt&callback=realtime' I'm getting: I would like to put this now in a sheet with only the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: brononius
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of awk/sed to filter out fdisk output

Hi , I am trying to filter out the below output of fdisk -l command : fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 42.9 GB, 42949672960 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 5221 cylinders Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System /dev/sda1 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter output in curl

Hello guys, I'm writing a little script which sends me sms with my shell script via api of a sms provider. problem is I can't filter my curl output for this site: site url:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: genius90
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep output to awk command

Hi Team(Solaris 5.8/Ksh), How can we save grep output to awk variable when grep returns more than one line or word. abc.log # more abc.log Hi Makarand How r u bye Makarand Hello when grep returns only 1 word below command works nawk -v var=`cat abc.log |grep "Hello"` 'BEGIN { if... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Makarand Dodmis
6 Replies

10. Solaris

No output from awk command

Hi all, In my SunOS 5.10, the command awk using BEGIN option doesn't print output variables like expected here is my test: with the following code everything is alright ps -eo pcpu,args | grep "httpd" | awk ' { print $1 } ' the result is 0.1 However, with this command ps -eo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elmassimo
3 Replies
SHTOOL-PATH.TMP(1)					      GNU Portable Shell Tool						SHTOOL-PATH.TMP(1)

NAME
shtool-path - GNU shtool command dealing with shell path variables SYNOPSIS
shtool path [-s|--suppress] [-r|--reverse] [-d|--dirname] [-b|--basename] [-m|--magic] [-p|--path path] str [str ...] DESCRIPTION
This command deals with shell $PATH variables. It can find a program through one or more filenames given by one or more str arguments. It prints the absolute filesystem path to the program displayed on "stdout" plus an exit code of 0 if it was really found. OPTIONS
The following command line options are available. -s, --suppress Supress output. Useful to only test whether a program exists with the help of the return code. -r, --reverse Transform a forward path to a subdirectory into a reverse path. -d, --dirname Output the directory name of str. -b, --basename Output the base name of str. -m, --magic Enable advanced magic search for ""perl"" and ""cpp"". -p, --path path Search in path. Default is to search in $PATH. EXAMPLE
# shell script awk=`shtool path -p "${PATH}:." gawk nawk awk` perl=`shtool path -m perl` cpp=`shtool path -m cpp` revpath=`shtool path -r path/to/subdir` HISTORY
The GNU shtool path command was originally written by Ralf S. Engelschall <rse@engelschall.com> in 1998 for Apache. It was later taken over into GNU shtool. SEE ALSO
shtool(1), which(1). 18-Jul-2008 shtool 2.0.8 SHTOOL-PATH.TMP(1)