Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Traverse Latest directory First Post 302885232 by Akshay Hegde on Friday 24th of January 2014 09:22:32 AM
Old 01-24-2014
remove r

Code:
ls -lt

This User Gave Thanks to Akshay Hegde For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Traverse Directory Tree for backup

Hi, I am trying to write a script that will move all the files from source directory structure(multiple levels might exist) to destination directory structure. If a sub directory in source doesnot exist in destination then I have to skip and goto next level. I also need to delete the files in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srmadab
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the latest directory created

hi, I need to get the latest directory created for example wheni run ls -altr *xyz_Integration* I have plenty of directories created like my_build_77_xx_Integration_050908_150714: total 177898 -rw-rw--- 1 xyzmgr cchyg 7687338 May 9 19:29 myapp.ear ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f354676
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pick the very latest directory

Hi, I have some list of directories in the form datemonthyear e.g. 02082009, 03082009 and 04082009 etc. I need to pick the latest directory from the current working directory. Outcome: 05082009 This is the output am expecting. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy the latest file from one directory to another

Hi All, I am in the directory a/b/processed the files in this directories are -rw-r--r-- 1 owb users 330 Aug 8 chandantest.txt_08082008 -rw-r--r-- 1 owb users 220 Aug 7 chandantest.txt_07082008 -rw-r--r-- 1 owb users 330 Aug 6... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandancsc
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy the latest file to a directory

Hi Team, I wish to copy the latest file of pattern "MyFile*" to some other location. I need to do all the operation in a single command separated by |. ls -rt <MyFile*> | tail -1 | <copy command>. How can I do? Please help me. Thanks, Kanda (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spkandy
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Traverse through directory....

hi I have a directory structure like Parent Parent/child1/ Parent/child2/ Parent/child3/ and the each main directory contains Parent/child1/file1.txt, Parent/child1/fil2.zip ....... Parent/child2/file1.txt,Parent/child/fil2.zip ...... Now i want to traverse to each and want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Reddy482
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move the latest or older File from one directory to another Directory

I Need help for one requirement, I want to move the latest/Older file in the folder to another file. File have the datetimestamp in postfix. Example: Source Directory : \a destination Directory : \a\b File1 : xy_MMDDYYYYHHMM.txt (xy_032120101456.txt) File2: xy_MMDDYYYYHHMM.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pp_ayyanar
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to traverse directory structure and sum size of files?

How do I write a bash or ruby or perl or groovy script to print all the files in my directory tree that are one-to-two years old, the size of each file, and the sum of file sizes and then delete them? I was using find . -atime +365 -exec rm '{}' \; but the problem was that I could not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve the latest files from the directory.?

hi, i have some file in a directory say p1.txt.201305051200.lst p1.txt.201305051300.lst p1.txt.201306051200.lst p1.txt.201306051300.lst p2.txt.201306051200.lst p2.txt.201306051300.lst i am using p* pattern to retrieve these file ls -1 p* the files in red color are the latest... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove all the subdirectories except latest 5 inside any given directory

I Want to remove all the sub-directories except latest five in any given TGTDIR. Is there a way to do so without making a cd to TGTDIR? I have tried the following but not worked. Thank you. rm -rf `ls -t $TGTDIR | awk 'NR>5'` (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devendra Hupri
20 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)