Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with mailx in HP_UX
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with mailx in HP_UX Post 302884636 by vbe on Tuesday 21st of January 2014 07:55:09 AM
Old 01-21-2014
Let me know if you want me to move your post to HP-UX specific...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx problem

Here is a question I have, maybe someone can help me out. I am new to this UNIX thing. :) I have a file called elist. In this file is a list of 25 email adresses. How can I write a simple command line for that will read the names of the file and send it to each of the email addys. Can I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iastorms
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx problem

Is there a size limit on the file that can be sent using mailx? I'm trying mailx -s "alertlog" tome@work < /dir/my.log and I only get a portion of the log. The newest portion of the log is not included in the mail. Additionally, I would like the option of mailing just the last 100... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djbartkow
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem with mailx

Hi unix lovers, I have some problem with using mailx. I want to send mail as per the instructions in a file. The mail does not reach to CC recepients. To get a clearer picture, this is what I am typing on unix prompt. $ $ mailx ashishp@suntech.com < mail.txt $ And my mail.txt looks... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
7 Replies

4. HP-UX

How to create a partition in HP_UX?

I'm using 11i v3. I have a san disk; how to creeate a partition in a normal way similar to fdisk in linux? (not using lvm) The other question is: I created a partiton using lvm and mounted it. experiment is to take a block level snapshot and attach it as a different disk. I attached the disk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilan
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx -c PROBLEM

hi All, i want to email to abc@abc.com which will be in "to" and to def@def.com which will be in "cc". i tried like this: mailx -s "Total Collection" abc@abc.com -c def@def.com but i took error :( How can i success? Thanx so much. ---------- Post updated at 08:19 AM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: temhem
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

HP_UX installation disks - is this what i need?

Hello Folks, I recently screwed up and accidently deleted a lot of very necessary system files on my HP-UX test machine at home during a 'cleanup' of disk space. I think I have no option other than to reinstall the OS now. Its not something I'd planned to do or that I've done before but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jim66
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

Sorting top command output in HP_UX 11.11

Hello all, I've been woking on Solaris and Linux (Red Hat) so far but now I've inherited an HP-UX system and having minor issues with syntax...Appreciate if you could help me out here.. 1) I'm trying to sort the output of the top command in HP-UX 11.11 by pressing O (capital O) after typing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mailx problem

I executed my script in linux environment so Here Im facing problem.In linux has mailx command but if i include in following way Im getting error like ./script2.sh: line 6: mailx: command not found. if I use mail command also Im getting same error. $ cat script2.sh while ps | ./pwtst do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksrivani
5 Replies

9. HP-UX

how to find the character encoding of a file in hp_ux

how to find the character encoding of a file in hp_ux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alokjyotibal
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HP_UX to Linux migration

I need set of commands, names and location that differ between HPUX and Linux. I have the same for Solaris to Linux migration guide in Red book from IBM. I need for HPUX and Linux on the same lines. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
move(3XCURSES)						  X/Open Curses Library Functions					    move(3XCURSES)

NAME
move, wmove - move cursor in window SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int move(int y, int x); int wmove(WINDOW *win, int y, int x); PARAMETERS
y Is the y (row) coordinate of the position of the cursor in the window. x Is the x (column) coordinate of the position of the cursor in the window. win Is a pointer to the window in which the cursor is to be written. DESCRIPTION
The move() function moves the logical cursor (for stdscr) to the position specified by y (row) and x (column), where the upper left corner of the window is row 0, column 0. The wmove() function performs the same action, but moves the cursor in the window specified by win. The physical cursor will not move until after a call to refresh(3XCURSES) or doupdate(3XCURSES). RETURN VALUES
On success, these functions return OK. Otherwise, they return ERR. ERRORS
None. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
doupdate(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jun 2002 move(3XCURSES)