Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Update a mysql column via bash script Post 302883229 by tara123 on Sunday 12th of January 2014 06:20:25 AM
Old 01-12-2014
Update a mysql column via bash script

Hello,

I want to check the value of all MySQL columns.(column name is "status") via bash script.

If value is "0" at I want to make only single column value to "1"

I have many "0" values on mysql database(on "status" column)

"0" means it is a draft post. I want to publish a post. I want for every check/update just single post to publish.( first found or random)

Table name: files
column name: status

Thank you very much.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To update a column in a table through shell script

Hi All, I need to write a shell script in UNIX that should accept booking number as an argument and update it with value "NULL" if the transaction date is greater than 2 years. Booking number and transaction_date are the two columns of the table table_booking. Something like this, through... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shilpa_acc
3 Replies

2. Web Development

Mysql question: Best way to update a column containing 8 million rows

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knew a good/safe way to update a single column in a table that could contain upto 8 million rows... simple command like: UPDATE set blah=foo where bar=XXX; I will be running this on tables being written to and tables that have already been created. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a MySql password from bash script

Hi all, I am running this script on Mandrakelinux release 10.1, 2.6.8.1-12mdksmp #1 SMP I have also installed 'expect' separately. I have created an Rsync script, but before any Rsync command does run, a MySql dump must be done first, and I am battling a bit to pass the MySql password from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: codenjanod
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create mysql database with bash script - confused

Hi, i have the following: db="create database xxx;GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON xxx.* TO user@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'password';FLUSH PRIVILEGES;quit;" mysql -u root -p$mysql_pass -e "$db" I don't understand why this is failing, it works fine when run from cmd but when is run in a bash script,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ktm
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run bash script from within MySQL

Can someone tell me the syntax to run a shell script from within MySQL? I know there is a way to do it, but I can't remember the syntax. I thought it was something like: mysql> \. /user/myscript; but I get this error: Failed to open file '/user/myscript;', error: 2 Please help!... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: peterv6
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax issue with quotes in mysql command for a bash script

i'm trying to write a bash script that executes a mysql statement mysql -sN -e INSERT INTO "$database"."$tableprefix"users (var1, var2,var3) VALUES (123, '1','') i don't know where to put the quotes it doesnt work with this one: ` it seems i can only put double quotes around the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax issue mysql in bash script

I'm running mysql in a bash script mysql <<EOF query EOF one query is like this: UPDATE $dbname.$prefix"config" SET value = $var WHERE "$prefix"config.name = 'table colname'; with variable but it's giving an error i'm not sure what to put for "$prefix"config.name the table... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[BASH] Gawk + MYSQL script

Hello! I've got script to write. It should read databases (names, volumes) from table testdatabase and compares it to actually existing databases in /var/lib/mysql/. If there is no informations about database in table - we should see information "There is no declared informations about database... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zimny
1 Replies

9. Programming

MYSQL - trigger update on record insert or update

Right I have a MYSQL database with table1 with 3 columns, colA, colB and colC. I want to combine the data in the 3 columns into a 4th column names col_comb. Here's the SQL command that works: UPDATE table1 SET `col_comb` = CONCAT( `colA` , ' - ', `colB` , ', ', `colC` ); So now I want this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
5 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Bash script for FTP download -Mysql

Hi guys, I recently managed to write up my working script, but now I have a problem. If the file isn't there in the remote server, my actual script jumps it and all ok, but I need something like this: Search file -> if there, then download -> if not, download next file in the list. Any... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: virtus96
7 Replies
mysqlshow(1)							  MySQL database						      mysqlshow(1)

NAME
mysqlshow - Shows the structure of a mysql database (databases,tables and columns) USAGE
shell> mysqlshow [OPTIONS] [database [table [column]]] SYNOPSIS
mysqlshow [-#|--debug=...] [-?|--help] [-c|--character-sets-dir=...] [-C|--compress] [-h|--host=...] [-i|--status] [-k|--keys] [-p|--password[=...]] [-P|--port=...] [-S|--socket=...] [-u|--user=#] [-V|--version] DESCRIPTION
-#|--debug=... output debug log. Often this is 'd:t:o,filename` -?|--help display help and exit -c|--character-sets-dir=... Directory where character sets are -C|--compress Use compression in server/client protocol -h|--host=... connect to host -i|--status Shows a lot of extra information about each table -k|--keys show keys for table -p|--password[=...] password to use when connecting to server If password is not given it's asked from the tty. -P|--port=... Port number to use for connection -S|--socket=... Socket file to use for connection -u|--user=# user for login if not current user -V|--version output version information and exit NOTE
If last argument contains a shell or SQL wildcard (*,?,% or _) then only what's matched by the wildcard is shown. If no database is given then all matching databases are shown. If no table is given then all matching tables in database are shown If no column is given then all matching columns and columntypes in table are shown SEE ALSO
isamchk(1), isamlog(1), mysql(1), mysqlaccess(1), mysqladmin(1), mysqld(1), mysqld_multi(1), mysqld_safe(1), mysqldump(1), mysql_fix_privi- lege_tables(1), mysql_zap(1), perror(1), replace(1) For more information please refer to the MySQL reference manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/ BUGS
Please refer to http://bugs.mysql.com/ to report bugs. AUTHOR
Ver 1.0, distribution 4.0.24 Michael (Monty) Widenius (monty@mysql.com), MySQL AB (http://www.mysql.com/). This software comes with no warranty. Manual page by L. (Kill-9) Pedersen (kill-9@kill-9.dk), Mercurmedia Data Model Architect / system developer (http://www.mercur- media.com) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+------------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ |Availability | SUNWmysqlr, SUNWmysqlu, SUNWmysqlt | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ |Interface Stability | External | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ NOTES
Source for mysql is available on http://opensolaris.org. MySQL 4.0 19 December 2000 mysqlshow(1)