Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help needed to extracting lines Post 302882429 by Aditya_001 on Tuesday 7th of January 2014 12:04:18 AM
Old 01-07-2014
Yes you can try this

grep -A (num of lines after) -B (num of lines before) Jak file

Cheers,
Adi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting lines from a file

Hi all, I need to extract some lines from a file based on a condition. For ex: My file will contain 50 lines and i need to extract line which has "File" in it and then the line which has "date" in it. Which command will be the most efficient way to do it. I have tried two ways 1.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeepthanraj
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extracting lines from a file

i want to extract lines 5 and 7 from a txt file which contains nearly 20 entries how to do it also i want to check whether the 42nd character is 'S' in that line suggestions welcome (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting text out of specific lines

Hi, I have a file like LAHORE 2009-04-16 16:04:19 THU S5830 FAULT MESSAGE SUPPRESS STATUS LOC : ASP00 STS : SUPPRESSING CONTINUE INF : F6201 TRUNK. DATA FAULT REPORT COMPLETED LAHORE 2009-04-16 16:04:20 THU S8400 ISUP SIGNALLING TRACE -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krabu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in extracting text present between two headers in .txt file

Hi All, Please help me out in fllowing problem. I have text file which contains the data in following format. Contents of file.txt are setregid02 Test that setregid() fails and sets the proper errno values when a non-root user attemps to change the real or effective... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varshit
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting m lines after n lines after match

Hi All, I would like to extract from a text file m lines skipping n lines after a string occurrency. Is it possible with grep? e.g. qqq ww eee rrr ttt yyy uuu I want to print 2 lines skipping 1 line after the string 'ww' result would be rrr ttt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting lines by using awk

Hello, I have a file including some lines as follows person (1): a d t person (2): f h j person (3): z x v . . . (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Extracting Lines in a file

Hi, We have a file where we need to extract the lines of a file based on the first three characters of every line in that file. Eg: RAM hill station SAM student RAM rose SAM apple RAM india SAM australia RAM happy RAM heaven SAM smile RAM glow So, all the lines that start... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyaranoid
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting specific lines of data from a file and related lines of data based on a grep value range?

Hi, I have one file, say file 1, that has data like below where 19900107 is the date, 19900107 12 144 129 0.7380047 19900108 12 168 129 0.3149017 19900109 12 192 129 3.2766666E-02 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wynner
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting lines from a file with similar first name

consider i have two files cat onlyviews1.sql CREATE VIEW V11 AS SELECT id, name, FROM etc etc WHERE etc etc; CREATE VIEW V22 AS SELECT id, name, FROM etc etc WHERE etc etc; CREATE VIEW V33 AS (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting the two lines where the first line is matched

Hi, If I have a file of something like @hg19_gold_AL122127.6-131160 GCTTCATCATGCATGGATAGGCTGGCGCCTTTCCTGAGGCCATATGCCGATGGATATG @hg19_gold_AL122127.6-131159 CTTTAATATTTCCGCCACCATCCTGAGTGAATCCCAGCAAGGACAGTCTTTGGGGATT @hg19_gold_AL122127.6-131158... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyu429
4 Replies
postprint(1)							   User Commands						      postprint(1)

NAME
postprint - PostScript translator for text files SYNOPSIS
postprint [-c num] [-f name] [-l num] [-m num] [-n num] [-o list] [-p mode] [-r num] [-s num] [-t num] [-x num] [-y num] [file...] /usr/lib/lp/postscript/postprint DESCRIPTION
The postprint filter translates text files into PostScript and writes the results on the standard output. If no files are specified, or if - is one of the input files, the standard input is read. OPTIONS
-c num Print num copies of each page. By default, only one copy is printed. -f name Print files using font name. Any PostScript font can be used, although the best results will be obtained only with constant width fonts. The default font is Courier. -l num Set the length of a page to num lines. By default, num is 66. Setting num to 0 is allowed, and will cause postprint to guess a value, based on the point size that's being used. -m num Magnify each logical page by the factor num. Pages are scaled uniformly about the origin, which is located near the upper left corner of each page. The default magnification is 1.0. -n num Print num logical pages on each piece of paper, where num can be any positive integer. By default, num is set to 1. -o list Print pages whose numbers are given in the comma-separated list. The list contains single numbers N and ranges N1 - N2. A missing N1 means the lowest numbered page, a missing N2 means the highest. The page range is an expression of logical pages rather than physical sheets of paper. For example, if you are printing two logical pages to a sheet, and you specified a range of 4, then two sheets of paper would print, containing four page layouts. If you specified a page range of 3-4, when requesting two logical pages to a sheet; then only page 3 and page 4 layouts would print, and they would appear on one physical sheet of paper. -p mode Print files in either portrait or landscape mode. Only the first character of mode is significant. The default mode is portrait. -r num Selects carriage return behavior. Carriage returns are ignored if num is 0, cause a return to column 1 if num is 1, and generate a newline if num is 2. The default num is 0. -s num Print files using point size num. When printing in landscape mode num is scaled by a factor that depends on the imaging area of the device. The default size for portrait mode is 10. Note that increasing point size increases virtual image size, so you either need to load larger paper, or use the -l0 option to scale the number of lines per page. -t num Assume tabs are set every num columns, starting with the first column. By default, tabs are set every 8 columns. -x num Translate the origin num inches along the positive x axis. The default coordinate system has the origin fixed near the upper left corner of the page, with positive x to the right and positive y down the page. Positive num moves everything to the right. The default offset is 0.25 inches. -y num Translate the origin num inches along the positive y axis. Positive num moves text up the page. The default offset is -0.25 inches. A new logical page is started after 66 lines have been printed on the current page, or whenever an ASCII form feed character is read. The number of lines per page can be changed using the -l option. Unprintable ASCII characters are ignored, and lines that are too long are silently truncated by the printer. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Examples of postprint. To print file1 and file2 in landscape mode, issue the following command: example% postprint -pland file1 file2 To print three logical pages on each physical page in portrait mode: example% postprint -n3 file EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. FILES
/usr/lib/lp/postscript/forms.ps /usr/lib/lp/postscript/ps.requests ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpsf | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
download(1), dpost(1), postdaisy(1), postdmd(1), postio(1), postmd(1), postreverse(1), posttek(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 1996 postprint(1)