Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting New AIX User- help with error 0403-057 Post 302882399 by newAIXuser on Monday 6th of January 2014 04:20:36 PM
Old 01-06-2014
Thanks. I added set -x to the ksh and recieve :

04:10 PM $ /home/C_files/m_code.ksh -E 2012 -D 201311 -C CR
+ /home/C_files/m_code.ksh -E 2012 -D 201311 -C CR
+ . /home/C_files/_bash.cfg
/home/C_files/m_code.ksh[83]: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 83 : `if' is not matched.Does this look right?

When I run without the period, it seems to run- but you re saying that reading that bash.cfg statement is affecting other "if" statements?

confused Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

0403-057 Syntax error at line 70. pls help

Hi All, I got a script from one of the unix forums for reporting on filesystem usage and wanted to use it but it keeps giving me the following error. 0403-057 Syntax error at line 70 The script is shown below. Pls help as I am new to UNIX. # set -x # D I S K S P A C E . S H # #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OMONI
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

0403-057 error `<' is not matched.

Hi Everybody, I am new to this group and also to the Unix shell scripting. I need some one to throw some light on this issue. I am not sure whats wrong in this script.When I execute this korn shell script it gives me an error 0403-057 Syntax error at line 28 : `<' is not matched. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ntekupal
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with shell script - Error: 0403-057

Hi, I am new to shell scripts may be the error is very very small and i am unable to catch hold of it, any suggestion would be appreciated....error is at the bottom: +210 # get file type +211 filetype=`tail -1 "$inputdir"/"$i"|cut -d"|" -f2` +212 # +213 # get the record count as specified... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi0435
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

0403-057 Syntax error at line 52 : `)' is not expected.

Can someone please tell me wht is wrong with the following peice of code? I keep getting the following error - 0403-057 Syntax error at line 52 : `)' is not expected. case "${option_count}" in 1) java -Xms256m -Xmx1536m "${APPLNAME}" "${ACTION_TYPE}" > "${LOGFILE}" 2>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veenak15
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh: 0403-057 Syntax error: `done' is not expected.

Hi I am getting error 'ksh: 0403-057 Syntax error: `done' is not expected.' when running below script any one can provide inputs on this. ------------------------ if then echo "Report Name |Modification Date|Report File Size|Owner" >SOX_`date +'%Y%m%d'` while read line do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karnatis
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] 0403-057 Syntax error `<' is not matched

curr_time=`date +%Y%m%d%H%M` curr_date=`date +%Y%m%d` zero=0 script_path="/home/wccuser1/wcc/Scripts/bulk_file_ftp" file_dir="/home/wccuser1/wcc/Bulk_Files" todays_file_count=`ls -ltr | grep $curr_date | awk '{print $9}' | wc -l` todays_file=`ls -ltr | grep $curr_date | awk '{print $9}'` if... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagandeep
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

0403-057 Syntax error

I am getting the error : rocfm/wls_subload/in/processed_files/tel_input_additional_checked_all_mandatory.txt: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 1 : `|' is not expected. >>>>ALL MANDATORY FIELDS CHECKING IS SUCCESSFUL count is 0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: princetd001
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

0403-057 Syntax error at line : `}' is not expected.

i dont know where m i mistaking.. please help me out with this issue :( thanks in advance:rolleyes: one_main() { a=100 while ; do clear echo "##############################################" echo ":: CURRENTLY YOU ARE IN RC AND OC MARKING ::" echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Puneet sinha
1 Replies

9. AIX

0403-057 Syntax error at line 17 : `(' is not expected.

Hi, I am new to shell scripting.i am trying to mail after my backup completed. Here is my shell script: if ; then egrep (ERROR|error|Error|RMAN-) ${/backup/RMANBKUP/spool/shelltest.log} > /dev/null if ; then RESULT_MSG=WARNING: Errors occurred during the ${ORACLE_SID} Rman... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: faruqms
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

0403-057 Syntax error at line 17 : `(' is not expected.

Hi, While executing my code i am getting below Error: ./check_disk1: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 55 : `(' is not expected. My code is : #!/bin/ksh PROGNAME=`basename $0` STATE_OK=0 STATE_WARNING=1 STATE_CRITICAL=2 STATE_UNKNOWN=3 OS=$(uname) AWK="/usr/bin/awk"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abodage
6 Replies
exec(1) 							   User Commands							   exec(1)

NAME
exec, eval, source - shell built-in functions to execute other commands SYNOPSIS
sh exec [argument...] eval [argument...] csh exec command eval argument... source [-h] name ksh *exec [arg...] *eval [arg...] DESCRIPTION
sh The exec command specified by the arguments is executed in place of this shell without creating a new process. Input/output arguments may appear and, if no other arguments are given, cause the shell input/output to be modified. The arguments to the eval built-in are read as input to the shell and the resulting command(s) executed. csh exec executes command in place of the current shell, which terminates. eval reads its arguments as input to the shell and executes the resulting command(s). This is usually used to execute commands generated as the result of command or variable substitution. source reads commands from name. source commands may be nested, but if they are nested too deeply the shell may run out of file descrip- tors. An error in a sourced file at any level terminates all nested source commands. -h Place commands from the file name on the history list without executing them. ksh With the exec built-in, if arg is given, the command specified by the arguments is executed in place of this shell without creating a new process. Input/output arguments may appear and affect the current process. If no arguments are given the effect of this command is to mod- ify file descriptors as prescribed by the input/output redirection list. In this case, any file descriptor numbers greater than 2 that are opened with this mechanism are closed when invoking another program. The arguments to eval are read as input to the shell and the resulting command(s) executed. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. EXIT STATUS
For ksh: If command is not found, the exit status is 127. If command is found, but is not an executable utility, the exit status is 126. If a redi- rection error occurs, the shell exits with a value in the range 1-125. Otherwise, exec returns a zero exit status. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 17 Jul 2002 exec(1)