Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Need career advise as UNIX adminstrator Post 302882361 by gopal88 on Monday 6th of January 2014 10:55:15 AM
Old 01-06-2014
Dear Neo,

Now I'm using ubuntu server in VMware workstation. Could you please share any study materials as web app in linux/unix?

Thanks and Regards
Gopal k

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A Unix career?

I am going on 16 and im wondering if a Unix career would be suitable for me when im 18, or if it will even be possible for me to get a job working as some sort of a junior sys admin at that age. I am just starting to get into all this Unix stuff and I see the vision. So, is it really possible... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gavan
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I'm new here, pls advise about Unix.....

I am fresh grad and just landed a job as a IC Design CAD Tools System Engineer and my boss asked me to learn Unix(Admin side) as they're using Unix based system. Can anyone pls give me idea how to start? what editor,etc? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leonall
3 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Career Advise: Part 2

I am a windows server guy. Trust me, I know the limitations and arrogance of Microsoft as well as anyone. I just keep the servers running, I don't write the code. Just accepted a new job with a company that is mostly a UNIX shop for the vast majority of business applications. That is not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: philwithbeard
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to use career in unix

Hi, I want to start my career in Unix. I would like to know what is the job profile that I have to refer to and what is the basic knowledge that is required......I am a B.sc graduate and currently working in a BPO from past 1 year....... Thanking you in advance... Ram Suresh.L (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramsuresh
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Advise on HP unix

Hi everyone I need help i want to learn Unix and do some certification on Unix Hp the reason why i choose Hp is because the company that i work for uses HP and interested in knowing a lt more about what i do i montor the unix server (disk space CPU usage memory utilization,proceeses job... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: liema
5 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Unix Admin, need a bit of career advise

I posted a request for suggestions on my career, but there was no response. Can anyone please guide me if it was posted in the right forum or thread? Hi Dear, I am in my early thirties and going through a phase of career confusion. Since I am HPUX, Tru64 administrator I need some councelling... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukherj
4 Replies

7. Programming

Unix Career path

Hi, I am having experience on Perl and C# and worked as Windows Sytem Admin and now iam planning to become a UNIX developer. I am having knowledge on basic UNIX.. can any one suggest me any good material for c/c++ UNIX programming. on what all things a UNIX Programmer needs to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrareddy1
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adminstrator help in unix!

Hello, Ok i want to make it easier to add user accounts by reading usernames from a file and deletion of usernames using bash as an adminstrator. I know its something like "useradd -m login_name" to add a username. Also i want to add the username with a password And.. Delete a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie987
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What are the career options in unix apart from unix system administration?

What are the career options in unix apart from unix system administration? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
2 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Career in Unix

I need some advice regarding my career. I have been working for a major it company in a unix based support project. I have not learnt much in the 2 years except for basics in unix. I am really worried about my career thinking about what would happen next. I always wanted to be a developer but i... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani2say
10 Replies
Jifty::Script::FastCGI(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Jifty::Script::FastCGI(3pm)

NAME
Jifty::Script::FastCGI - A FastCGI server for your Jifty application SYNOPSIS
AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi FastCgiServer /path/to/your/jifty/app/bin/jifty -initial-env JIFTY_COMMAND=fastcgi Options: --maxrequests maximum number of requests per process --help brief help message --man full documentation DESCRIPTION
FastCGI entry point for your Jifty application options --maxrequests Set maximum number of requests per process. Read also --man. --help Print a brief help message and exits. --man Prints the manual page and exits. DESCRIPTION
When you're ready to move up to something that can handle the increasing load your new world-changing application is generating, you'll need something a bit heavier-duty than the pure-perl Jifty standalone server. "FastCGI" is what you're looking for. If you have MaxRequests options under FastCGI in your config.yml, or command-line option "--maxrequests=N" assigned, the FastCGI process will exit after serving N requests. SERVER CONFIGURATIONS
Apache + mod_fastcgi # These two lines are FastCGI-specific; skip them to run in vanilla CGI mode AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi FastCgiServer /path/to/your/jifty/app/bin/jifty -initial-env JIFTY_COMMAND=fastcgi DocumentRoot /path/to/your/jifty/app/share/web/templates ScriptAlias / /path/to/your/jifty/app/bin/jifty/ Apache + mod_fcgid + mod_rewrite An alternative to Apache mod_fastcgi is to use mod_fcgid with mod_rewrite. If you use mod_fcgid and mod_rewrite, you can use this in your Apache configuration instead: DocumentRoot /path/to/your/jifty/app/share/web/templates ScriptAlias /cgi-bin /path/to/your/jifty/app/bin DefaultInitEnv JIFTY_COMMAND fastcgi <Directory /path/to/your/jifty/app/bin> Options ExecCGI SetHandler fcgid-script </Directory> <Directory /path/to/your/jifty/app/share/web/templates> RewriteEngine on RewriteRule ^$ index.html [QSA] RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /cgi-bin/jifty/$1 [QSA,L] </Directory> It may be possible to do this without using mod_rewrite. Lighttpd (<http://www.lighttpd.net/>) Version 1.4.23 or newer is recommended, and you may adapt this config: server.modules = ( "mod_fastcgi" ) server.document-root = "/path/to/your/jifty/app/share/web/templates" fastcgi.server = ( "/" => ( "your_jifty_app" => ( "socket" => "/tmp/your_jifty_app.socket", "check-local" => "disable", "fix-root-scriptname" => "enable", "bin-path" => "/path/to/your/jifty/app/bin/jifty", "bin-environment" => ( "JIFTY_COMMAND" => "fastcgi" ), "min-procs" => 1, "max-procs" => 5, "max-load-per-proc" => 1, "idle-timeout" => 20, ) ) ) Versions before 1.4.23 will work, but you should read Plack::Handler::FCGI's lighttpd documentation <http://search.cpan.org/dist/Plack/lib/Plack/Handler/FCGI.pm#lighttpd> for how to configure your server. More information Since this uses Plack::Handler::FCGI, you might also want to read its documentation on webserver configurations <http://search.cpan.org/dist/Plack/lib/Plack/Handler/FCGI.pm#WEB_SERVER_CONFIGURATIONS>. METHODS
run Creates a new FastCGI process. perl v5.14.2 2011-01-25 Jifty::Script::FastCGI(3pm)