Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Live Linux Cd's with gparted
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Live Linux Cd's with gparted Post 302882131 by tuxthepenguin on Saturday 4th of January 2014 01:00:53 PM
Old 01-04-2014
depends which distro you, yourself , is interested: debian with it's devarients or redhat with it's devarients. essentially you can install on all of the distro's once live-booted. if you want me to be precise:
*kali-linux
*ubuntu-12.04
*archbang
*centos- depends on which one you have downloaded - live cd/dvd doesn't have gparted, but if you'll download full dvd and make of it boot-cd/usb then it will be included.
*debian7-6 : squeeze and wheezy - same as centos

one thing that need to be noticed: it's way easiier to learn fdisk and parted then to search graphical tools, even though those are easier, terminal tools are way useful
good luck and keep us posted

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Live CD Linux

Como faço para abrir o Live Linux cd no windows? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Foo Stutz
1 Replies

2. Linux

Linux live cd

Does enybody know where I could get instructions how to make Linux live cd? I want to make my own so if you guys know anything just lemme know... thanks a lot... ;) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shooroop
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Resizing and repartitioning NTFS with gParted?

Sorry that this is slightly OT, but in my defence, I intend to install Linux (and probably others). I just bought a new computer with Windows Vista preinstalled; and though there is no love between me and MS, I would like to keep it (I paid for it after all). I have 2 x 500GB HDD. The extra... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koppe
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why do I have partitions with one command but not in gparted

Hi, I used gparted in ubuntu to re partiton my slave hard drive so according to it I just have a logical drive with one partition in it. But when I do sfdisk -l I get: Device Boot Start End #cyls #blocks Id System /dev/sdb1 0+ 9728 9729- 78148161 83 Linux... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Live Linux Cd's with testdisk

Which Live Linux Cd's have testdisk? ---------- Post updated at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:52 AM ---------- Found it. TestDisk Livecd - CGSecurity (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux live cd for low memory

Could I please get some recommendations of a linux live cd for low memory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
libguestfs-tools.conf(5)				      Virtualization Support					  libguestfs-tools.conf(5)

NAME
/etc/libguestfs-tools.conf - configuration file for guestfish, guestmount, virt-rescue SYNOPSIS
/etc/libguestfs-tools.conf $HOME/.libguestfs-tools.rc DESCRIPTION
"/etc/libguestfs-tools.conf" or "$HOME/.libguestfs-tools.rc" changes the defaults for the following programs only: o guestfish(1) o guestmount(1) o virt-rescue(1) There is currently only one setting which is controlled by this file. Adding (or uncommenting): read_only = true; changes these programs so they act as if the --ro flag was given on the command line. You can use this to make the programs safe against accidental modification of a live guest (users would have to explicitly add the --rw flag to modify guests). This is not the default because it is not backwards compatible. See also "OPENING DISKS FOR READ AND WRITE" in guestfish(1). Note that the semicolon is required. "/etc/libguestfs-tools.conf" is the global configuration file for all of the above programs. Local users can override the global configuration by copying this file into ".libguestfs-tools.rc" in their home directory and modifying it accordingly. This file is parsed by the libconfig library. For more information about the format, see: http://www.hyperrealm.com/libconfig/libconfig_manual.html SEE ALSO
"OPENING DISKS FOR READ AND WRITE" in guestfish(1), guestmount(1), virt-rescue(1), http://libguestfs.org/. AUTHORS
Richard W.M. Jones ("rjones at redhat dot com") COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011-2013 Red Hat Inc. LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA. BUGS
To get a list of bugs against libguestfs, use this link: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?component=libguestfs&product=Virtualization+Tools To report a new bug against libguestfs, use this link: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?component=libguestfs&product=Virtualization+Tools When reporting a bug, please supply: o The version of libguestfs. o Where you got libguestfs (eg. which Linux distro, compiled from source, etc) o Describe the bug accurately and give a way to reproduce it. o Run libguestfs-test-tool(1) and paste the complete, unedited output into the bug report. libguestfs-1.22.6 2013-08-24 libguestfs-tools.conf(5)