Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk Flat File Conversion Script Post 302880764 by u20sr on Monday 23rd of December 2013 07:00:06 AM
Old 12-23-2013
Ideal - worked a treat.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Flat File Conversion Format

Hi all, I've a flat file in this format: = " Record 1 Field1 -> XXXX Field2 -> 9558 Field3 -> 55AA Record 2 Field1 -> YYYY Field2 -> 12345 Field3 -> aa23 " And i want to convert it to (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Loobian
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script for date conversion

hi awk script for dd/mm/yyyy to yyyymmdd awk script for dd-mon-yyyy to yyyymmdd awk script for dd-mm-yyyy to yyyymmdd formate ..............urgent............. Thanks in advanced (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: charandevu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to convert a flat file to CSV file

Hi , I have a file with contents as below: Contract Cancellation Report UARCNCL LOS CODE DATE REAS TYPE AMOUNT AMOUNT LETTER BY ========= ======= ==== ==== ==== ========= ==== ==== 8174739 7641509 1S NONE CRCD 30-JUN-2008 NPAR N .00 .00 CCAN 8678696 8091709 1S NONE DDEB 30-JUN-2008... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkumudha
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File conversion and awk

Hi Everyone, I am confused with the output of the input file and I am using below command in script to get the expected output. Also I want to add another condition using logical AND (&&) in place of $2=="L"{$4=0-$4} as $2=="L" && $3=="L" {$4=0-$4} but I am getting some awk error. Can someone... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gehlnar
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Flat file to csv conversion

Hi Guy's can someone help me in converting the following I have a flat text file which has several thousand lines which I need to convert to a csv it's got a consistent format but basically want every time it hit's txt to create a new line with the subsequent lines comma delimited for example ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: p1_ben
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

use awk to ssh from variable in flat file

flat file looks like ooss-pfgg-1234,vol_name_1, mail-list decoded = hostname,volum_name,mail_list each line has diff info am trying to ssh into each fist field, check vol usage for second field, and if greater than 90% send mail to mail-list got the second and third part working, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: riegersteve
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED | Awk flat file one liner

sed awk one liner (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jap2614
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Conversion of flat file to Mainframe file

Hi guys, I have a flat file created by ETL tool. Now the flat file has 4 columns. 1st column is a Character(17), 2nd Column Character(4), 3rd column is a decimal column and 4th column is also a decimal column. I have to convert this file into a Mainframe file in the following format. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to delete fields from flat file

I would like to know awk command to delete the specific feild from a flat file delimited by '|' if the first feild starts with 354 I tried awk 'BEGIN {FS=OFS="|"} {$16=""; sub(/\|/, "")}'1 Input file: 354|||||GROUND||97||JUDD STREET|||LONDON||WC1H 9JG|ADI001| 354|||||FLAT 1... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya_001
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to place value at 24 field in a flat file issue

I am trying to add 0393 value at 24th feild using the below command, but its adding at all the lines including header and trailer Input file: ZHV|2657|D0217001|T|TXU|Z|PAN|20131112000552||||OPER| 754|52479| 492|489|SP40|1014570286334|20131111|20131201|14355334|CHAMELON... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aditya_001
1 Replies
VLMGR(1)						      Quick Database Manager							  VLMGR(1)

NAME
vlmgr - administration utility for QDBM Villa SYNOPSIS
vlmgr create [-cz|-cy|-cx] name vlmgr put [-kx|-ki] [-vx|-vi|-vf] [-keep|-cat|-dup] name key val vlmgr out [-l] [-kx|-ki] name key vlmgr get [-nl] [-l] [-kx|-ki] [-ox] [-n] name key vlmgr list [-nl] [-k|-v] [-kx|-ki] [-ox] [-top key] [-bot key] [-gt] [-lt] [-max num] [-desc] name vlmgr optimize name vlmgr inform [-nl] name vlmgr remove name vlmgr repair [-ki] name vlmgr exportdb [-ki] name file vlmgr importdb [-ki] name file vlmgr version DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the vlmgr commands. vlmgr is a utility for debugging Villa and its applications. It features editing and checking of a database. It can be used for database applications with shell scripts. This command is used in the above format. name specifies a database name. key specifies the key of a record. val specifies the value of a record. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the file:///usr/share/doc/qdbm-doc/spex.html#villacli. -cz compress leaves in the database with ZLIB. -cy compress leaves in the database with LZO. -cx compress leaves in the database with BZIP2. -l all records corresponding the key are dealt. -kx treat key as a binary expression of hexadecimal notation. -ki treat key as an integer expression of decimal notation. -vx treat val as a binary expression of hexadecimal notation. -vi treat val as an integer expression of decimal notation. -vf read the value from a file specified with val. -keep specify the storing mode for `VL_DKEEP'. -cat specify the storing mode for `VL_DCAT'. -dup specify the storing mode for `VL_DDUP'. -nl open the database without file locking. -top key specify the top key of listing. -bot key specify the bottom key of listing. -gt do not include the top key of listing. -lt do not include the bottom key of listing. -max num specify the max number of listing. -desc list in descending order. -ox treat the output as a binary expression of hexadecimal notation. -n do not output the tailing newline. -k output keys only. -v output values only. SEE ALSO
qdbm(3) vltsv(1), villa(3), vlopen(3). AUTHOR
QDBM was written by Mikio Hirabayashi <mikio@fallabs.com>. This manual page was written by Fumitoshi UKAI <ukai@debian.or.jp>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Man Page 2005-05-23 VLMGR(1)