Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Making webpy framework accessible from outside the local network Post 302879806 by bakunin on Sunday 15th of December 2013 01:49:14 PM
Old 12-15-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by frad
Code:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -j DNAT -d IP1 -p tcp --dport PORT_X --to IP2

PLease replace IP1 or IP2 with the IP assigned from my ISP and I find it via the "whatismyip" webpage and the IP that I see with the ifconfig command /etho or wlan
Well, iptables is not my strong side, as in AIX there is a different packet filtering software. At first glance this seems right, but maybe someone else with more experience than me can fill out the gaps here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frad
Do I guess correctly that the forwarding needs to be:

From local IP (eth0, wlan) to the ISP IP? and then the rest is done automatically?
Quite correct. The IP you see when you query your own IP over the internet is the "outside" interface of your router/modem (sometimes these are two different boxes, sometimes this is bound into one). It is this address by which your web server will be known outside. Notice, though, that the IP address will likely change with every dial-up you do. Therefore, if you configure an IP address into these rules you will have to change that whenever the connection is (re-)established. You should prepare a script for that therefore, maybe you can trigger its execution even, making the thing as "automatic" as it can get.

By the way, before you try to operate your framework: have even tried to contact the "naked" web server from outside? Has it worked? If not, what was the error code?

I hope this helps.

bakunin

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

ssh server is attachable from local network not from another network

hello i have a ubuntu ssh server that i can acess from any of my comnputers but only if they are on the same wireless network as the server. i tested trhis my tehtehring my samsung blackjack to my windows partition and installing openssh to windows it works when windows is on the wireless but no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: old noob
1 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

SF4800 SC not accessible thru network

Hi All, I have my SC setup as attached below but I am having problem accessing the port thru network. sc0 was accessible only after i failed over the configuratios to sc1 (now then sc1 was not pingable :(). Just wondering is there anything wrong with my sc settings? Appreciate your advice. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: honmin
4 Replies
Firewall mark classifier in tc(8)				       Linux					 Firewall mark classifier in tc(8)

NAME
fw - fwmark traffic control filter SYNOPSIS
tc filter ... fw [ classid CLASSID ] [ action ACTION_SPEC ] DESCRIPTION
the fw filter allows to classify packets based on a previously set fwmark by iptables. If it is identical to the filter's handle, the fil- ter matches. iptables allows to mark single packets with the MARK target, or whole connections using CONNMARK. The benefit of using this filter instead of doing the heavy-lifting with tc itself is that on one hand it might be convenient to keep packet filtering and classifi- cation in one place, possibly having to match a packet just once, and on the other users familiar with iptables but not tc will have a less hard time adding QoS to their setups. OPTIONS
classid CLASSID Push matching packets to the class identified by CLASSID. action ACTION_SPEC Apply an action from the generic actions framework on matching packets. EXAMPLES
Take e.g. the following tc filter statement: tc filter add ... handle 6 fw classid 1:1 will match if the packet's fwmark value is 6. This is a sample iptables statement marking packets coming in on eth0: iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -j MARK --set-mark 6 SEE ALSO
tc(8), iptables(8), iptables-extensions(8) iproute2 21 Oct 2015 Firewall mark classifier in tc(8)