Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Making webpy framework accessible from outside the local network Post 302879806 by bakunin on Sunday 15th of December 2013 01:49:14 PM
Old 12-15-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by frad
Code:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -j DNAT -d IP1 -p tcp --dport PORT_X --to IP2

PLease replace IP1 or IP2 with the IP assigned from my ISP and I find it via the "whatismyip" webpage and the IP that I see with the ifconfig command /etho or wlan
Well, iptables is not my strong side, as in AIX there is a different packet filtering software. At first glance this seems right, but maybe someone else with more experience than me can fill out the gaps here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frad
Do I guess correctly that the forwarding needs to be:

From local IP (eth0, wlan) to the ISP IP? and then the rest is done automatically?
Quite correct. The IP you see when you query your own IP over the internet is the "outside" interface of your router/modem (sometimes these are two different boxes, sometimes this is bound into one). It is this address by which your web server will be known outside. Notice, though, that the IP address will likely change with every dial-up you do. Therefore, if you configure an IP address into these rules you will have to change that whenever the connection is (re-)established. You should prepare a script for that therefore, maybe you can trigger its execution even, making the thing as "automatic" as it can get.

By the way, before you try to operate your framework: have even tried to contact the "naked" web server from outside? Has it worked? If not, what was the error code?

I hope this helps.

bakunin

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

ssh server is attachable from local network not from another network

hello i have a ubuntu ssh server that i can acess from any of my comnputers but only if they are on the same wireless network as the server. i tested trhis my tehtehring my samsung blackjack to my windows partition and installing openssh to windows it works when windows is on the wireless but no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: old noob
1 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

SF4800 SC not accessible thru network

Hi All, I have my SC setup as attached below but I am having problem accessing the port thru network. sc0 was accessible only after i failed over the configuratios to sc1 (now then sc1 was not pingable :(). Just wondering is there anything wrong with my sc settings? Appreciate your advice. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: honmin
4 Replies
Test::Unit(3pm) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Test::Unit(3pm)

NAME
Test::Unit - the PerlUnit testing framework SYNOPSIS
This package provides only the project version number, copyright texts, and a framework overview in POD format. DESCRIPTION
This framework is intended to support unit testing in an object-oriented development paradigm (with support for inheritance of tests etc.) and is derived from the JUnit testing framework for Java by Kent Beck and Erich Gamma. To start learning how to use this framework, see Test::Unit::TestCase and Test::Unit::TestSuite. (There will also eventually be a tutorial in Test::Unit::Tutorial. However "Test::Unit::Procedural" is the procedural style interface to a sophisticated unit testing framework for Perl that . Test::Unit is intended to provide a simpler interface to the framework that is more suitable for use in a scripting style environment. Therefore, Test::Unit does not provide much support for an object-oriented approach to unit testing. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2000-2002, 2005 the PerlUnit Development Team (see the AUTHORS file included in this distribution). All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. That is, under the terms of either of: o The GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 1, or (at your option) any later version. The text of version 2 is included in the PerlUnit distribution package as COPYING.GPL-2. o The "Artistic License" which comes with Perl. The text of this is included in the PerlUnit distribution package as COPYING.Artistic. SEE ALSO
o Test::Unit::TestCase o Test::Unit::TestSuite o Test::Unit::Procedural FEEDBACK
The Perl Unit development team are humans. In part we develop stuff because it scratches our collective itch but we'd also really like to know if it scratches yours. Please subscribe to the perlunit-users mailing list at <http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/perlunit-users> and let us know what you love and hate about PerlUnit and what else you want to do with it. perl v5.8.8 2006-09-13 Test::Unit(3pm)