Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sun V445 hangs before {0} ok prompt Post 302878971 by usmanijaz101 on Tuesday 10th of December 2013 02:10:37 AM
Old 12-10-2013
Wrench Sun V445 hangs before {0} ok prompt

I am having a problem when booting my Sun V445 machine with Solaris 10 installed on it. Machine hangs at boot at following step :

Code:
0>Copyright 2007 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved
0>OBP->POST Call with %o0=00000800.01014000.
0>Diag level set to MAX.
0>Verbosity level set to NORMAL.
0>Start Selftest.....
0>CPUs present in system: 0 1 2 3
0>Test CPU(s)....Done
0>Interrupt Crosscall....Done
0>Init Memory....|
SC Alert: Host System has Reset
'Done
0>PLL Reset....Done
0>Init Memory....Done
0>Test Memory....Done
0>Test CPU Caches....Done
0>Functional CPU Tests....Done
0>IO-Bridge Tests....Done
0>INFO:
0>      POST Passed all devices.
0>
0>POST: Return to OBP.
SC Alert: Host System has Reset
Configuring system memory & CPU(s)
Probing system devices
Probing memory
Probing I/O buses
Starting RTC ..

I am just stuck here, have tried to break and enter into "ok Prompt" for new installation but unable to get there as well. Thanks in advance though.

Last edited by bartus11; 12-10-2013 at 03:35 AM.. Reason: Don't bump posts... Use code tags, please

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Jumpstart Solaris 8 on Sun Blade 150 Hangs

We had to replace a hard drive in one of our Sun Blade 150s, but now it hangs during the Jumpstart. It will show 1 or 2 Timeout for ARP/RARP messages and then start the spinning numbers. It always stops at 2ae00 and just hangs there. We have 1 combined jumpstart server and it is also our NIS+... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stottsja
5 Replies

2. Solaris

How to get to a OK prompt on new SUN T5140

Hi, I have a brand new SUN T5140 machine. I am trying to install Solaris 10 on the box. When I go to the machine using a KVM session I can see a blank screen , how can I get to the OK prompt to start the installation. Thanks, Suresh (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunnervarma
10 Replies

3. Solaris

How to get to the OK prompt without Sun keyboard

Hi all, I have just replaced the HDD on a Ultra 5 Spark machine, now I need to reinstall Solaris 9. The problem is: how do I get to the OK prompt without a Sun keyboard in order to boot from CD? At moment when I power on the machine I get the following error: Timeout Waiting for ARP/RARP... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: sspirito
13 Replies

4. Solaris

XSCF prompt disappeared, Sun M5000

Hi, I've got an issue here: After I logon to the xscf prompt of this Sun M5000 and did 'XSCF> version -c xcp', the xscf prompt disappeared. I can't get it back and can't log out. exit rebootxscf logout #. #> #> ~# ~# exit sendbreak exit I tried to set the Mode Switch to the service... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
3 Replies

5. Solaris

V445 unable to boot because of an error

This is what is displayed on the screen as the system tries to boot and then hangs: 0>Test CPU(s)....Done 0>Interrupt Crosscall....| SC Alert: DHCP negotiation failed, perhaps misconfigured or no DHCP server avail able Done 0>Init Memory....| SC Alert: Host System has Reset 'Done 0>PLL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenosongo
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Failure to boot v445

Hi Guys, I have a small problem with a v445 which I have been informed will only boot with the reconfigure option enabled. It is attached to HP SAN storage using qla2300 FCA's with a Veritas encapsulated rootvoldg (No Laughing here please) when I try a reboot I get the following error. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull04
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt

Hi, on sunfire v890 unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt, i have executed the command break. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
9 Replies

8. Solaris

Rebuild/Reset to default Sun v445

Hello, I'm quite new to Unix but I've got an old Sun v445 server that was previously used as a backup database server, these have since been moved to new hardware. The old admin who configured the box has since retired and left no notes about it, so i have no idea what the root password is and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbajtr
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Install ext DLT Sun Tape drive on V445 Solaris 10

I have a SunFire V445 running Solaris 10 and am adding a Sun DLT tape drive. From the OK prompt the probe-scsi-all does see the drive and it is the proper target of 4. When I do the boot -- -r it does build the /dev/rmt directories correctly and the links to /devices appear correct as well. When I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chastings
8 Replies
lgrpinfo(1)							   User Commands						       lgrpinfo(1)

NAME
lgrpinfo - display information about locality groups SYNOPSIS
lgrpinfo [-aceGlLmrt] [-u unit] [-C | -P] lgrp ... lgrpinfo -h lgrpinfo -I [-c] [-G] [-C | -P] lgrp ... lgrpinfo [-T] [-aceGlLmr] [-u unit] DESCRIPTION
lgrpinfo prints information about the locality group (lgroup) hierarchy and its contents. An lgroup represents the set of CPU and memory-like hardware devices that are at most some distance (latency) apart from each other. All lgroups in the system are identified by a unique integer called an lgroup ID. lgroups are organized into a hierarchy to facilitate finding the nearest resources. Leaf lgroups each contain a set of resources that are closest (local) to each other. Each parent lgroup in the hierarchy contains the resources of its child lgroups plus their next nearest resources. Finally, the root lgroup contains all the resources in the domain within the largest latency. A Uniform Memory Access (UMA) machine is simply represented by the root lgroup. A Non Uniform Memory Access (NUMA) machine is represented by a hierarchy of lgroups to show the corresponding levels of locality. For example, a NUMA machine with two latencies (local and remote) has an lgroup hierarchy consisting of two levels with its leaves and the root. Every application thread is assigned a home lgroup. When the system needs to allocate a CPU or memory resource for a thread, it searches lgroup hierarchy from the thread's home lgroup for the closest available resources to the thread's home. See plgrp(1) for details. Without arguments, lgrpinfo prints general information about all lgroups in the system. If any lgroup IDs are specified on the command line, the command only prints information about the specified lgroups. Various options control which lgroups are displayed and the exact information that is printed for each lgroup. lgroups can be specified on the command line as lgroup IDs or by using specific keywords. See OPERANDS. OPTIONS
You can combine options together and the order in which options are specified is not important. Lowercase options select what information should be printed about lgroups. Invoking lgrpinfo without arguments is equivalent to: lgrpinfo -c -e -l -m -r -t all The following options are supported: -a Print topology, CPU, memory, load and latency information. This option is a shorthand for lgrpinfo -t -c -e -m -r -l -L unless -T is specified as well. When -T is specified, the -t option is not included. -c Print CPU information. This is the default. -C Replace each lgroup in the list with its children. This option cannot be used with the -P or the -T option. When no arguments are specified, this option is applied to the lgroups displayed by default. -e Print lgroup load average. The lgroup load averages are only displayed for leaf lgroups. This is the default. -G Print OS view of lgroup hierarchy. By default, the caller's view of the lgroup hierarchy is displayed which only includes what the caller can use, for example, only the CPUs in the caller's processor set is displayed. See lgrp_init(3LGRP) on the operating system and the caller's view. -h Print short help message and exit. -I Print matching IDs only. This option is intended for scripts and can be used with -c, -G, and -C or -P. If -c is specified, print list of CPUs contained in all matching lgroups. Otherwise, the IDs for the matching lgroups is displayed. See EXAMPLES. When no arguments are specified, this option is applied to the lgroups displayed, which, by default is all lgroups. -l Print information about lgroup latencies. The latency value specified for each lgroup is defined by the operating system and is platform-specific. It can only be used for relative comparison of lgroups on the running system. It does not necessarily represent the actual latency between hardware devices and might not be applicable across platforms. -L Print the lgroup latency table. The lgroup latency table displays the relative latency from each lgroup to each of the other lgroups including itself. -m Print memory information. Memory sizes are scaled to the unit of measure that yields an integer from 0 to 1023 unless the -u option is specified as well. The fractional part of the number is only displayed for values less than 10. This behavior is similiar to using the -h option of ls(1) or df(1M) to display a human readable format. This is the default. -P Replace each lgroup in the list with its parents. This option cannot be used with the -C or -T option. When no arguments are specified, this option is applied to the lgroups displayed, which, by default is all lgroups. -r Print information about lgroup resources. The resources are represented by a set of lgroups in which each member lgroup directly contains CPU and memory resources. If -T is specified as well, only information about resources of the intermediate lgroups is displayed. -t Print information about lgroup topology. This is the default. -T Print the lgroup topology of a system graphically as a tree. This option can only be used with the -a, -c, -e, -G, -l,-L, -m, -r, and -u options. It only prints lgroup resources for intermediate lgroups when used with the -r. The -t option is omitted when -T is used with -a. No information is printed for the root lgroup unless it is the only lgroup. -u units Specify memory units. Units should be b, k, m, g, t, p, or e for bytes, kilobytes, megabytes, gigabytes, terabytes, petabytes, or exabytes respectively. The fractional part of the number is only displayed for values less than 10. This behavior is simil- iar to using the -h option of ls(1) or df(1M) to display a human readable format. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: lgrp lgroups can be specified on the command line as lgroup ID, by using one of the following keywords: all All lgroups. This is the default. intermediate All intermediate lgroups. An intermediate lgroup is an lgroup that has a parent and children. leaves All leaf lgroups. A leaf lgroup is an lgroup that has no children in the lgroup hierarchy. root Root lgroup. Root lgroup contains all the resources in the domain within the largest latency and has no parent lgroup. If an invalid lgroup is specified, the lgrpinfo command prints a message on standard error showing the invalid ID and continues processing other lgroups specified on the command line. When none of the specified lgroups are valid, lgrpinfo exits with an exit status of 2. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Printing Information about lgroups The following example prints general information about lgroups in the system. In this example, the system is a 2 CPU AMD Opteron machine with two nodes, each having one CPU and 2 gigabytes of memory. Each of these nodes is represented by a leaf lgroup. The root lgroup contains all the resources in the machine: $ lgrpinfo lgroup 0 (root): Children: 1 2 CPUs: 0 1 Memory: installed 4.0G, allocated 2.2G, free 1.8G Lgroup resources: 1 2 (CPU); 1 2 (memory) Latency: 83 lgroup 1 (leaf): Children: none, Parent: 0 CPU: 0 Memory: installed 2.0G, allocated 1.2G, free 788M Lgroup resources: 1 (CPU); 1 (memory) Load: 0.793 Latency: 56 lgroup 2 (leaf): Children: none, Parent: 0 CPU: 1 Memory: installed 2.0G, allocated 1017M, free 1.0G Lgroup resources: 2 (CPU); 2 (memory) Load: 0.817 Latency: 56 Example 2 Printing lgroup Topology The following example prints the lgroup topology tree on a 4 CPU AMD Opteron machine: $ lgrpinfo -T 0 |-- 5 | `-- 1 |-- 6 | `-- 2 |-- 7 | `-- 3 `-- 8 `-- 4 Example 3 Printing lgroup Topology The following example prints the lgroup topology tree, resources, memory and CPU information on a 2 CPU AMD Opteron machine: $ lgrpinfo -Ta 0 |-- 1 | CPU: 0 | Memory: installed 2.0G, allocated 1.2G, free 790M | Load: 0.274 | Latency: 56 `-- 2 CPU: 1 Memory: installed 2.0G, allocated 1019M, free 1.0G Load: 0.937 Latency: 56 Lgroup latencies: ------------ | 0 1 2 ------------ 0 | 83 83 83 1 | 83 56 83 2 | 83 83 56 ------------ Example 4 Printing lgroup IDs The following example prints lgroup IDs for children of the root lgroup: $ lgrpinfo -I -C root 1 2 Example 5 Printing CPU IDs The following example prints CPU IDs for all CPUs in lgroup 1: $ lgrpinfo -c -I 1 0 Example 6 Printing Information about lgropu Latencies The following example prints information about lgroup latencies: $ lgrpinfo -l lgroup 0 (root): Latency: 83 lgroup 1 (leaf): Latency: 56 lgroup 2 (leaf): Latency: 5 EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 Unable to get lgroup information from the system. 2 All lgroups specified are invalid. 3 Invalid syntax. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The human readable output is Unstable. SEE ALSO
ls(1), plgrp(1), pmap(1), proc(1), ps(1), df(1M), prstat(1M), lgrp_init(3LGRP), liblgrp(3LIB), proc(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 11 Sep 2006 lgrpinfo(1)