Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Healthcare.gov, ugh!!
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Healthcare.gov, ugh!! Post 302878928 by neutronscott on Monday 9th of December 2013 03:11:52 PM
Old 12-09-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecracker
Hi neutronscott...

Do you know Anthony Hoffman, the RF engineer at Scott Base by any chance?
(He is a good friend of mine.)
The only Kiwi I've had the pleasure to know was Anthony Powell who recently released a documentary of this place that seems to be doing very well. He worked with my shop at McMurdo as an Electronics Technician a couple seasons ago. I've been coming here since Sept 2009 and have not even visited that base yet. I'm not a very good tourist...

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Server Error 500. Total Newbie. Ugh.

Hi everybody... I'm trying to run some very simple cgi scripts on my server whilst I learn perl. Today is day 3 of that process, so I apologize in advance for not having enough knowledge to ask the right questions. Any program I try to execute gives me an Internal Server Error (500) message.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paqi the black
4 Replies

2. SCO

UNIX SCO based Healthcare system

Hi Guys I have got a problem and I would really be grateful if some1 could sort out the problem. I have got a healthcare system named MEDISCAN, its SCO Unix based system, I need to convert the data files into ORACLE data. The problem is that I have been unable to open the files, whatever... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Faysal_Mazhar
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Variable --- UGH

I'm new to bash and this forum, so please take it easy on me. I'm trying to read a text file and, if column 4 is "B" and column 1 matches a variable (which changes throughout a loop), send the data to an output file. The example below works if I manually type in the date for $setting, but I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thydeacon
2 Replies
Number::Compare(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Number::Compare(3)

NAME
Number::Compare - numeric comparisons SYNOPSIS
Number::Compare->new(">1Ki")->test(1025); # is 1025 > 1024 my $c = Number::Compare->new(">1M"); $c->(1_200_000); # slightly terser invocation DESCRIPTION
Number::Compare compiles a simple comparison to an anonymous subroutine, which you can call with a value to be tested again. Now this would be very pointless, if Number::Compare didn't understand magnitudes. The target value may use magnitudes of kilobytes ("k", "ki"), megabytes ("m", "mi"), or gigabytes ("g", "gi"). Those suffixed with an "i" use the appropriate 2**n version in accordance with the IEC standard: http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/binary.html METHODS
->new( $test ) Returns a new object that compares the specified test. ->test( $value ) A longhanded version of $compare->( $value ). Predates blessed subroutine reference implementation. ->parse_to_perl( $test ) Returns a perl code fragment equivalent to the test. AUTHOR
Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002,2011 Richard Clamp. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/binary.html perl v5.16.3 2011-09-21 Number::Compare(3)