Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Executing a command line in a directory and its subdirectories Post 302878674 by alister on Saturday 7th of December 2013 10:36:34 PM
Old 12-07-2013
-execdir may also be of interest.

Regards,
Alister

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Executing command line options

Can someone please tell me how to modify/add to this code so that it recognizes UNIX command options (all beginning with "-") and executes the command with options? #include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> int main(int argc, char *argv) { int i; system("stty -echo"); ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Safia
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

makefiles in a directory and subdirectories

I need to develop a makefile that spans across directories. For example, let's say i have an upper level directory (main) and about 2 subdirectories. I want my .cpp files and .o files to be in one subdirectory. I want my .a files to be in the other subdirectory. The .a files are made up of the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: benjie_asu
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring a directory for new files with .xx and executing command if found

Hi Guys. I am a complete shell scripting newbie with some syntax and commands understanding. I'm more of a win admin. With that said: I need to write a shell script to monitor a directory '/Mon_Dir' for new occurrences of files with .xx extension. Once a new file is detected in the directory, a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krkan
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How Can I Make Subdirectories In A Directory?

I cant remember how, i use to know but its been like 2 years since ive used shell can anyone help me? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kprescod4158
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove directory with subdirectories and files?

I'm trying to remove several directories which contains sun-dirs and files inside. I used the command rm -r <dirname> But, it always ask "examine file in directory <dirname> yes/no?" line by line. So, i need to write "y" for every line. How can i skip this step and remove all directories with... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppa108
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

CD (change directory) - Not advisable for executing a command

Hi, This is a quick one. I have got a review comment in one of the scripts that i wrote: "In UNIX script it not advisable to use cd to a directory and then run command." Is this true? I was trying to cd to log directory and use some cat or head or ls command. Many Thanks, Sam (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samplify
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing command from subdirectories

Hello, I've been trying to run 'ls -1R | wc -l' inside of sub directories to in order to determine how big each folder is. find . -maxdepth 1 -type d | while read folder do cd "$folder" && echo "$folder has $(ls -1R | wc -l) files" && cd .. done or for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NoobProgrammer
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing/including command in mailx subject line

Hi, Is it possible for me to include the results from a command in the subject line? What I am looking to do is get the file count and include it into the subject line as well as the list of files in the body. Example Subject line: Currently 25 files in directory My Code: #!/bin/ksh cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozifer
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying subdirectories of a directory to some other directory and renaming them

Hi, I am a newbie in shell scripting. I have to copy a particular sub-directory (data) from a large no. of directories (all in the same folder) and paste them to another directory ( /home/hubble/data ) and then rename all the subdirectories (data) as the name of its parent directory. please... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sholay
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command to search files in a directory excluding subdirectories

Hi Forum, I am using the below command to find files older than x days in a directory excluding subdirectories. From the previous forums I got to know that prune command helps us not to descend in subdirectories. Though I am using it here, not getting the desired result. cd $dir... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
8 Replies
MYSQLI_GET_SERVER_VERSION(3)						 1					      MYSQLI_GET_SERVER_VERSION(3)

mysqli::$server_version - Returns the version of the MySQL server as an integer

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
int$mysqli->server_version () DESCRIPTION
Procedural style int mysqli_get_server_version (mysqli $link) The mysqli_get_server_version(3) function returns the version of the server connected to (represented by the $link parameter) as an inte- ger. PARAMETERS
o $ link -Procedural style only: A link identifier returned by mysqli_connect(3) or mysqli_init(3) RETURN VALUES
An integer representing the server version. The form of this version number is main_version * 10000 + minor_version * 100 + sub_version (i.e. version 4.1.0 is 40100). EXAMPLES
Example #1 $mysqli->server_version example Object oriented style <?php $mysqli = new mysqli("localhost", "my_user", "my_password"); /* check connection */ if (mysqli_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", mysqli_connect_error()); exit(); } /* print server version */ printf("Server version: %d ", $mysqli->server_version); /* close connection */ $mysqli->close(); ?> Procedural style <?php $link = mysqli_connect("localhost", "my_user", "my_password"); /* check connection */ if (mysqli_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", mysqli_connect_error()); exit(); } /* print server version */ printf("Server version: %d ", mysqli_get_server_version($link)); /* close connection */ mysqli_close($link); ?> The above examples will output: Server version: 40102 SEE ALSO
mysqli_get_client_info(3), mysqli_get_client_version(3), mysqli_get_server_info(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQLI_GET_SERVER_VERSION(3)