Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Syncvg
Operating Systems AIX Syncvg Post 302878500 by rbatte1 on Friday 6th of December 2013 11:11:51 AM
Old 12-06-2013
When you add the LV copy and synchronise them, the image of the PP is copied irrespective of what it contains or doesn't. I'm afraid you will just have to wait.
It doesn't matter if you use mirrorvg or mklvcopy. It has to copy everything. Use:-
Code:
lsvg yourvg | grep STALE

... to see how you are getting on. This may get locked out if you are running mirrorvg in the default auto-sync mode. You can ease this by running mirrorvg with the -s (lower case S) flag. This will create the LV copies and then you can synchronise them with syncvg -v yourvg

Make sure when you remove the LV copy, that you specify the hdisk to remove the copy from, else it may well just pick the newly created one.

Caution

Do not interrupt these processes else the ODM and the VG disk information may get out of step leaving you unable to complete the sync. There is a way out, but it's a bit messy.

I hope that this helps,
Robin
Liverpool/Blackburn
UK
This User Gave Thanks to rbatte1 For This Post:

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. AIX

syncvg

Hello I have a box with aix 5.3 if I type lsvg -l rootvg all my filesystems are sync except one rootvg: LV NAME TYPE LPs PPs PVs LV STATE MOUNT POINT hd5 boot 1 2 2 closed/syncd N/A hd6 paging 32 64 ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
16 Replies
lssf(1M)																  lssf(1M)

NAME
lssf - list a special file SYNOPSIS
special_file ... special_file DESCRIPTION
In the first form, lists information about a special file. For each special_file name, determines the major number of the special file and whether it is block or character (using It then scans the system for the device that is associated with the special file. When the device is found, the minor number of the special file is decoded. A mnemonic description of the minor number is printed on standard output along with the hardware path (in other words, address) of the device. Mnemonics used to describe the fields are closely related to the options used with (see mksf(1M)). In the second form, displays the list of stale device special files present in selected directories under the directory. In the third form, executes a Critical Resource Analysis (CRA) on the Options recognizes the following options: Displays the Critical Resource Analysis (CRA) of Displays the stale device special files present in the directories below, which contain special files for mass storage devices. The stale device special files correspond to nodes that have an entry in the system I/O configuration files but the corresponding device is not found. The device special files can either be legacy or persistent (see intro(7)). DIAGNOSTICS
Most diagnostic messages from are self explanatory. Listed below are some messages deserving further clarification. Warnings allow to continue. Warnings There is no information about the device in the kernel. The special file is not usable. Use to remove the special file (see rmsf(1M)). The major number associated with the special file is not in the kernel. Use to add the appropriate driver to the kernel (see kcmodule(1M)). The indicated device driver or device class is not present in the kernel. An of a special file pointing to an unusable device fails. To make the device usable, the appro- priate device driver and/or device class must be added to the kernel using If the device is no longer needed, should be used to remove the special files and update the system I/O configuration files. The file is not associated with an IO device. EXAMPLES
Suppose a special file is created with the command The command then produces: Suppose a special file is created with the command The command then produces: Display stale device special files: Display Critical Resource Analysis information for /dev/disk/disk7: AUTHOR
was developed by HP. FILES
I/O system special file I/O system configuration database I/O system configuration database SEE ALSO
insf(1M), kcmodule(1M), mksf(1M), rmsf(1M), intro(7). lssf(1M)