Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Syncvg
Operating Systems AIX Syncvg Post 302878500 by rbatte1 on Friday 6th of December 2013 11:11:51 AM
Old 12-06-2013
When you add the LV copy and synchronise them, the image of the PP is copied irrespective of what it contains or doesn't. I'm afraid you will just have to wait.
It doesn't matter if you use mirrorvg or mklvcopy. It has to copy everything. Use:-
Code:
lsvg yourvg | grep STALE

... to see how you are getting on. This may get locked out if you are running mirrorvg in the default auto-sync mode. You can ease this by running mirrorvg with the -s (lower case S) flag. This will create the LV copies and then you can synchronise them with syncvg -v yourvg

Make sure when you remove the LV copy, that you specify the hdisk to remove the copy from, else it may well just pick the newly created one.

Caution

Do not interrupt these processes else the ODM and the VG disk information may get out of step leaving you unable to complete the sync. There is a way out, but it's a bit messy.

I hope that this helps,
Robin
Liverpool/Blackburn
UK
This User Gave Thanks to rbatte1 For This Post:

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. AIX

syncvg

Hello I have a box with aix 5.3 if I type lsvg -l rootvg all my filesystems are sync except one rootvg: LV NAME TYPE LPs PPs PVs LV STATE MOUNT POINT hd5 boot 1 2 2 closed/syncd N/A hd6 paging 32 64 ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
16 Replies
DENYHOSTS(8)							   User Commands						      DENYHOSTS(8)

NAME
DenyHosts - version: 2.6 DESCRIPTION
DenyHosts is a python program that automatically blocks ssh attacks by adding entries to /etc/hosts.deny. DenyHosts will also inform Linux administrators about offending hosts, attacked users and suspicious logins. Usage: /usr/sbin/denyhosts [-f logfile | --file=logfile] [ -c configfile | --config=configfile] [-i | --ignore] [-n | --noemail] [--purge] [--migrate] [--daemon] [--sync] [--version] --file: The name of log file to parse --ignore: Ignore last processed offset (start processing from beginning) --noemail: Do not send an email report --unlock: if lockfile exists, remove it and run as normal --migrate: migrate your HOSTS_DENY file so that it is suitable for --purge --purge: expire entries older than your PURGE_DENY setting --daemon: run DenyHosts in daemon mode --foreground: run DenyHosts in foreground mode --sync: run DenyHosts synchronization mode --version: Prints the version of DenyHosts and exits Note: multiple --file args can be processed. If multiple files are provided, --ignore is implied Note: in a debian system, the default running mode is daemon mode and the configuration file is etc/denyhosts.conf When run in --daemon mode the following flags are ignored: --file, --purge, --migrate, --sync, --verbose SEE ALSO
Please refer to http://denyhosts.sourceforge.net/faq.html for full documentation This file can be also found in /usr/share/doc/deny- hosts/FAQ.html AUTHOR
DenyHosts was written by Phil Schwartz <phil_schwartz@users.sourceforge.net> This manual page was written by Marco Bertorello <marco@bertorello.ns0.it> for the Debian project (but may be used by others). DenyHosts version: 2.6 July 2006 DENYHOSTS(8)