Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Fetch Valid String
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Fetch Valid String Post 302878379 by suresh_target on Friday 6th of December 2013 12:43:11 AM
Old 12-06-2013
Really thanks to everyone for your right time help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

fetch string and insert later

"are you billy_smith ?" replace with "are you billy_smith ? my name is billy_smith" how to fetch the name "billy_smith" and using it later I need sed script to do this, any one can help? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: playinmel.com
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fetch variable value in if block and to compare it with certain string

Hi, I am trying to execute this command if ; then but getting error .Some problem with reteriving the value of $exception_info. Please help.Its urgent. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: khushboo
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch the rows with match string on a fixed lenth text file - NO delimiters

Hi I am trying to fetch the rows with match string "0000001234" Input file looks like below: 09 0 XXX 0000001234 Z 1 09 0 XXX 0000001234 Z 1 09 0 XXX 0000001234 Z 1 09 0 XXX 0000001234 Z 1 09 0 XXX 0000001234 Z 1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nareshk
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to get next valid date from date string

Hi, I am passing date string of format 'YYYYMMDD' to a ksh script. Will I be able to get next valid date from the passed in string. Example I pass '20100228' to the shell script, Is there a reverse date command to get '20100301' .i.e to convert '20100228' to date and get next date.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bittoo
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whether a string is a valid unix command

How to find a string which is entered in command promt is a valid unix command or not?. Thanks in advance ~Saravana (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsaravanan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fetch a string between two different strings?

Hi I am having a file with content as, <name>usrname</name> <value>ravistej</value> <name>pswd</name> <value>asdfgzxcv</value> . . . . <name>abc</name> <value>xyz</value> From this file, i want to fetch the string present between '<value>' and '</value>' and store the values into... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tejastrikez
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determine the string is valid

Dear All, I have a string "1234567899*0#123456789#", it can be divided into: - 1st: 1234567899 Validation: 10 digits, only 0-9 - 2nd: *0# Fixed Value - 3rd: 123456789 Validation: 9 digits, only 0-9 - 4th: # Fixed Value Would like to know if any 1 line statement perl,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut & Fetch word from string

I have a file with some SQL query, I want to fetch only Table Name from that file line by line. INPUT FILE SELECT * FROM $SCHM.TABLENAME1; ALTER TABLE $SCHM.TABLENAME1 ADD DateOfBirth date; INSERT INTO $SCHM.TABLENAME1 (CustomerName, Country) SELECT SupplierName, Country FROM $SCHM.TABLENAME2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik Majithia
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if a string is a valid timestamp in UNIX.

Hi all, I have date and time value in a string, I want to check if it is a valid date and time. Need help on this. Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratiksha Mehra
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

To Fetch values from String

Dears, I have string like below in my csv file <someTechnicalDetails><someTechnicalDetails>HSI</someTechnicalDetails,1234564 <someTechnicalDetails><someTechnicalDetails>Voice</someTechnicalDeta,12345673 <someTechnicalDetails><someTechnicalDetails>IPTV</someTechnicalDetai,12345673 and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
2 Replies
time(2) 							   System Calls 							   time(2)

NAME
time - get time SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <time.h> time_t time(time_t *tloc); DESCRIPTION
The time() function returns the value of time in seconds since 00:00:00 UTC, January 1, 1970. If tloc is non-zero, the return value is also stored in the location to which tloc points. If tloc points to an illegal address, time() fails and its actions are undefined. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, time() returns the value of time. Otherwise, (time_t)-1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Async-Signal-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
stime(2), ctime(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 28 Dec 1996 time(2)