Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to post question?
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators How to post question? Post 302877380 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 30th of November 2013 01:42:23 PM
Old 11-30-2013
Hi welcome to these forums... It seems you managed to post a question, no?

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 11-30-2013 at 03:31 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

1st post here! directory related question ( // )...

Hello guys! Your board is very cool (professional and very great-looking!) I have some experience with unix but there is something im wondering since this morning when working on a box here... Here is the cut&paste from the terminal.., ttstest01:~$ cd / ttstest01:/$ pwd / ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrOrange
2 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

how to post a question

I want to post a question about unix. How can I create a question? I can't see a button to "create a new thread", apart from the one I just clicked to write this one :confused: "Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators" thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex31
1 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How do I post a question to the forums

I am new to this forum, and would like to post a question to the group. How do I add a post? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sysmma
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Post Shell programming: Question about source a file and read data from the file

This is shell programming assignment. It needs to create a file called .std_dbrc contains STD_DBROOT=${HOME}/class/2031/Assgn3/STD_DB (which includes all my simple database files) and I am gonna use this .std_dbrc in my script file (read the data from the database files) like this: .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccwq
3 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How Do I post a question Or new tread

Please let me know how to post a new tread on tru64 Unix. BR, patabandi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patabandi
1 Replies

6. BSD

FreeBSD Label Editor Post-install Question

Hello there, Over the past few days I have installed FreeBSD 7.1 (which i'm new at) to an external Hard Drive. When installing, I chose to partition the disk Automatically and now I'm trying to use the label editor (post-installation configuration) to name the mount points: / /usr... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: septima.pars
2 Replies

7. Programming

My first post (Probably a really dumb php question)

Ok so I'm new on here and new to php scripting.. I'm taking over a script that was managed by someone else and I'm trying to figure out how I can add code that looks for two conditions that would be an exception to the code below.. $colred = 0; if(stristr($result, "containsthis")) { $colred =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmcpheden
2 Replies

8. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

i am unable to post any question

hi when ever i am trying to post any new thread i am getting the following error. anshaa, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons: Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anshaa
1 Replies
XtRealizeWidget(3)						   XT FUNCTIONS 						XtRealizeWidget(3)

NAME
XtRealizeWidget, XtIsRealized, XtUnrealizeWidget - realize and unrealize widgets SYNTAX
void XtRealizeWidget(Widget w); Boolean XtIsRealized(Widget w); void XtUnrealizeWidget(Widget w); ARGUMENTS
w Specifies the widget. DESCRIPTION
If the widget is already realized, XtRealizeWidget simply returns. Otherwise, it performs the following: o Binds all action names in the widget's translation table to procedures (see Section 10.1.2). o Makes a post-order traversal of the widget tree rooted at the specified widget and calls the change_managed procedure of each compos- ite widget that has one or more managed children. o Constructs an XSetWindowAttributes structure filled in with information derived from the Core widget fields and calls the realize pro- cedure for the widget, which adds any widget-specific attributes and creates the X window. o If the widget is not a subclass of compositeWidgetClass, XtRealizeWidget returns; otherwise, it continues and performs the following: - Descends recursively to each of the widget's managed children and calls the realize procedures. Primitive widgets that instanti- ate children are responsible for realizing those children themselves. - Maps all of the managed children windows that have mapped_when_managed True. (If a widget is managed but mapped_when_managed is False, the widget is allocated visual space but is not displayed. Some people seem to like this to indicate certain states.) If the widget is a top-level shell widget (that is, it has no parent), and mapped_when_managed is True, XtRealizeWidget maps the widget window. The XtIsRealized function returns True if the widget has been realized, that is, if the widget has a nonzero X window ID. Some widget procedures (for example, set_values) might wish to operate differently after the widget has been realized. The XtUnrealizeWidget function destroys the windows of an existing widget and all of its children (recursively down the widget tree). To recreate the windows at a later time, call XtRealizeWidget again. If the widget was managed, it will be unmanaged automatically before its window is freed. SEE ALSO
XtManageChildren(3) X Toolkit Intrinsics - C Language Interface Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libXt 1.1.3 XtRealizeWidget(3)