Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX Command LED Descriptions
Operating Systems AIX AIX Command LED Descriptions Post 302876463 by williamen on Sunday 24th of November 2013 09:19:12 PM
Old 11-24-2013
AIX Command LED Descriptions

Dear master Unix.com,

I ask about command,
what is command the meaning this?
and what the function?

Code:
/usr/lpp/diagnostics/bin/usysfault -s normal

regards,
-Ruhul

Last edited by Scott; 11-24-2013 at 10:52 PM.. Reason: Use code tags, please...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/etc/vfstab Field Descriptions

While I was reading a Sun SysAdmin Guide, I came across this point... /etc/vfstab Field Descriptions mount at boot - The root (/), /usr and /var file systems are not mounted from the vfstab file initially. This field should always be set to no for these file systems and for virtual file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: minazk
2 Replies

2. AIX

LED stops at 406eoch6 help

Hi can anybody help me when i boot up my machine the LED runs until it gets to 406coch6 and it simply stops their noting appears on the screen...? Is their a website that lists all the codes and their meaning Thanks Liam (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodonovan
2 Replies

3. AIX

LED Code

Anyone know what led code 626 means please. This is on a VIO server running vios 1.3.0.1-FP-8.1 and AIX 5.3 ML5. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
8 Replies

4. HP-UX

System LED flashing

hi guys, i have 2 hp-ux servers at my office with flashing system LED. am very new to hp-ux...no much of access directly to the server. how can i check for faults relating to this flashing of this system LED? the DC is pretty far from my office...all i have is an ssh access into the server.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cromohawk
4 Replies

5. AIX

Which command in AIX 5L is replace updatelv in AIX 4.3?

When I import VG, it shows: 0516-622 synclvodm: Warning, cannot write lv control block data. I found AIX V4.3 have updatelv command can recovery LVB from VG, however, updatelv is not existed on AIX 5L, which command to replace it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

6. AIX

Attention Led on HMC

We use HMC to manage two logical partitions. LPARs don't have any problem but HMC's, itself, attention led is on. :eek: I am not sure if that's going to affect LPARs, but just wanted to be sure.... :confused: Has anyone come across such problem on HMC? Where can you suggest to look for logs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalliege
1 Replies

7. AIX

Is possible to see led panel status on AIX?

Simple question: on hmc i can use lsrefcode to see led status of panel,currently display 01 N V=F T On aix without hmc,is possible to see actual led status of my workstation? I don't have hmc currently Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH Regex - get filename tags, labels and descriptions

Hi, I am trying to switch from windows to linux. I have been using Autohotkey scripts for some little things. I started writing some bash scripts for NEMO browser in linux mint and I am trying to convert some of AHK scripts but as I am not a programmer. I have a hard time with regex stuff. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bishop
3 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)