Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Format unit requires destructive mode??? Post 302874127 by edspit on Thursday 14th of November 2013 08:10:11 AM
Old 11-14-2013
Format unit requires destructive mode???

I am trying to format a Seagate 2 Gb SCSI drive using the HP-UX 9.0 support disc and I receive a message that says: DESTRUCTIVE MODE REQUIRED TO EXECUTIVE THIS COMMAND (SCD2WARN 106). I have entered this command several times on other SCSI drives and never got this message. Anyone ever see this and how do you resolve it?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can't use sendmail ( Program mode requires special privileges)

I just updated sendmail to the newest version and got into this trouble. Somehow only can root can use sendmail while the other users will simply get "SMTP went away" when using pine or "can not chdir(/var/spool/mqueue/): Permission denied Program mode requires special privileges, e.g., root... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Micz
1 Replies

2. SuSE

Convet Linux OS from text mode to graphic mode

Hi All, I used to have my suse linux(VM) server in graphic mode but not anymore since morning. I cant rolback since i loose somuch work. Any idea how to it back to normal. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Self destructive script

How should i write a script so that the script will destroy(delete) itself once it completes execution. Thanks? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What is the difference between single line mode and multiline mode in Regular expressions?

Hi All, Can please let me know what is the difference between the single line mode and multi line mode in regular expresions? Thanks, Chidhambaram B (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidhu.anu
3 Replies

5. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

is mdadm --incremental --rebuild --run --scan destructive?

Hello Unix Community: My task to figure out how to add a 20G volume to an existing EBS Array (RAID0) at AWS. I haven't been told that growing the existing volumes isn't an option, or adding another larger volume to the existing array is the way to go. The client's existing data-store is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Habitual
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

Load average unit

Hi, On load average graph, unit is 100m, 200m, 300...800m. I don't understand what it means. Thx for helping (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michenux
3 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

Destructive one word unix commands

Hi I'm trying to hack a web server as part of an assignment and have gotten it to exec commands but I cannot pass commands arguments as the program splits up space separated words and only execs the first one. Is there anything I can pass to cause any sort of damage in one word? Btw webserver runs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aydinh
1 Replies

8. Solaris

DNS service is in maintenance mode. How to bring it back to online mode?

:confused: when i tried to look the status of DNS-client, it is in maintenance mode..... Please tell me how to bring it back to online mode...PLEASE TELL ME STEP BY STEP.... PLEASE... :wall: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

From a C++ application how to find if a hpux host is in standard mode or trusted mode

is there a way for my C++ application to find out which mode the hpux OS is running in? standard mode or trusted mode. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: einsteinBrain
3 Replies
SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)				       systemd-fsck@.service					  SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-fsck@.service, systemd-fsck-root.service, systemd-fsck - File system checker logic SYNOPSIS
systemd-fsck@.service systemd-fsck-root.service /lib/systemd/systemd-fsck DESCRIPTION
systemd-fsck@.service and systemd-fsck-root.service are services responsible for file system checks. They are instantiated for each device that is configured for file system checking. systemd-fsck-root.service is responsible for file system checks on the root file system, but only if the root filesystem was not checked in the initramfs. systemd-fsck@.service is used for all other file systems and for the root file system in the initramfs. These services are started at boot if passno in /etc/fstab for the file system is set to a value greater than zero. The file system check for root is performed before the other file systems. Other file systems may be checked in parallel, except when they are on the same rotating disk. systemd-fsck does not know any details about specific filesystems, and simply executes file system checkers specific to each filesystem type (/sbin/fsck.*). This helper will decide if the filesystem should actually be checked based on the time since last check, number of mounts, unclean unmount, etc. If a file system check fails for a service without nofail, emergency mode is activated, by isolating to emergency.target. KERNEL COMMAND LINE
systemd-fsck understands these kernel command line parameters: fsck.mode= One of "auto", "force", "skip". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "auto", and ensures that file system checks are done when the file system checker deems them necessary. "force" unconditionally results in full file system checks. "skip" skips any file system checks. fsck.repair= One of "preen", "yes", "no". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "preen", and will automatically repair problems that can be safely fixed. "yes" will answer yes to all questions by fsck and "no" will answer no to all questions. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), fsck(8), systemd-quotacheck.service(8), fsck.btrfs(8), fsck.cramfs(8), fsck.ext4(8), fsck.fat(8), fsck.hfsplus(8), fsck.minix(8), fsck.ntfs(8), fsck.xfs(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)